IGNORED

Ashton tells it like it is .

Major Isewater

11 hours ago, Dave said:

Or you could sign someone who has been playing, at a team in our division but has become available.

Have our club considered Shola Ameobi?

If you want a clinical striker to put away our chances, Shola Ameobi is not the man. 

11 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

So let me get this right

MA was meant to have solved all of our transfer mess and squad inadequacies in two weeks, (despite us being in the relegation zone too). 

He should not wear suit, or is a tracksuit allowed? What clothes should he wear ? shorts and t shirt ? Some Speedos? Would that make him more acceptable ? Or maybe a Wurzels stage outfit ?

He is a SL yes man. So we need a Sl no man of course. "Steve whatever you do , NO more spending money. I told you, never ever ever spend any more money that our budget, the 15M you agreed to spend this year is silly. NO no no no I tell you. " There, we solved that then. MA is now a No man to SL.

MA priority was to bring in a striker and midfielder. Useless January performance, he only got Gladwin and Tomlin. We are planning to play them where exactly ?In goal ? In defence ? No, one is a forward the other a midfielder. 

I understand frustration over a cluster duck of a summer, losing all promotion good will, our lack of results , letting in goals, not scoring goals, any anything else you can add. But to have a thread moaning about MA after two weeks in the job is a new OTIB classic. 

I agree with you fella...totally...but I do believe it doesn't help certain fans who can't grasp this, when SL was spouting again recently about us making a hard push for promotion to the Prem next season.

We could quiet easily be pushing for promotion from League 1 again...let alone the Championship.

This constant talk of pushing for the Prem is doing my head in...I wish he'd shut up about it.

It only makes fans think we are bigger than what we are...and makes their expectations way to high.... Hence the disappointment by some who can't grasp the reality.

Pressure mounts and frustrations become high. It's a vicious circle.

On 2/3/2016 at 15:04, RedRaw said:

Jordan, it's not your negativity.....your entitled to your opinion, for me it's your unfounded and blinkered view that SC is totally exempt from any blame for what happened in the summer and during this season. Even most SC backers could see his failings. What happened last season is history, it was a great season and every city fan is no doubt thankful for that however, SC, in my opinion, would have taken us back down.

And you can't really say the board did not back him, we know through all previous managers that SL has always backed managers..........we were making big bids, most failed....nobody knows the full truth why, some were just down to the players preference. We brought in a myriad of loan players which cost money....loan players that SC then chose not to play. And how many managers survive 4 wins in 28.......even Mourinho got sacked for way less than that.

Agreed and on a smaller scale, how many managers have gone in the Championship... despite having better records than SC, each club has their own politics/agenda but if you're going on results this season alone. 

4 wins in 28... and no improvement on the pitch. In fact it had just got worse and worse from October. He was taking us down and the board should've binned him off after the Derby game IMO. SC was right about one thing he said which was judge after 12-15 games and let the players get used to the league. That coincided with the run of games which a fair few of them were winnable, we won 1 game, scored 8 and conceded at an alarming rate. The scary thing was i could've been worse if it wasn't some woeful finishing by opposition. We were carved open so many times that it really did highlight SC's tactical ineptiude.

On 2/3/2016 at 14:25, BCFC Jordan said:

On 2/3/2016 at 18:04, Kid in the Riot said:

On 2/3/2016 at 23:21, View from the Dolman said:

Well, if you listen to the interview with Mark Perrow pre-Boro and the press conference pre-Boro, SC is singing a very different tune to you.

If he wasn't involved in those negotiations, it's interesting that
(a) SC thinks it was a fair offer
(b) SC says it put him in the same region as our other players (which presumably to your logic he wouldn't know either)
(c) SC says he knew what he was earning at Bolton.

If that was nothing to do with him, why did he seem to know about it? And why did he speak about it as though he was involved?

He says that initially ZC, his father and agent weren't sure about moving to Bristol City but that after conversations with him, they were a little more interested. But then he speaks about the offer, where it fits the club and how he knew ZC's earnings at Bolton.

Surely, if he wasn't privy to financial details, his explanation would be along the lines of "initially ZC, his father and agent weren't sure about moving to Bristol City but that after conversations with me, they were a little more interested. The club couldn't put an offer that met ZC's requirements."

Where does your version of history emanate from and why does it differ from SC's version of affairs?

You can try writing your version of history but I won't be subscribing to it.

Would it be fair if we started giving our opinion of the vibe we get from you? We don't know you at all but we can throw words around too.

I didn't say SC would not be privy to financial details. I've no idea, he may well be.

What I said was he's not in a position to make offers of wages.

He may well be aware of both the wages his squad are on and also the wages of potential signings through them and their agents.

This is where you make a huge assumption jump.

It does not follow that the manager would be personally involved in financial negotiations over contracts.

In fact it's particularly unlikely in my opinion as it's not part of a manager's remit and there are others at the club specifically in position to do just that.

On 03/02/2016 at 09:39, Fordy62 said:

Behave yourself. I'd suggest it was complete bollocks embellished by the club to help warm up the reception for Ashton. If you think Cotts had nothing to do with it then you're more than a little on the silly side. 

I'm sure Cotts was a factor in helping land deals. He was a good manager who had passion and drive that I'm certain would attract any player. But who was deciding which players we were going to bring in. Cotts brought in several players on loan this year that failed to stick. Maybe he just isn't very good at evaluating talent.

I'm not sure any of the players who signed under MA's consultancy can be deemed as failures?

How much MA had to do with those signings will always be a mystery. But he's our man now so I know I'd rather believe he can be our saviour than sit around moaning about him.

Archived