IGNORED

Barnsley fans opinions!

Portland Bill

One of those Barnsley fans makes the point that the club stuck by him when it was going very wrong and now he's jumping ship at the first opportunity, which I actually think is a fair comment

Speaking to actual non-Internet based fans here at work, people are fairly nonplused. Most would rather he stayed because he seems to have finally got it 'right', but no one thinks he's an irreplaceable messiah. Most of the angst is from the quality of who might replace him rather than the damage his leaving will do directly. The comment one of those forum users made regarding tactical know how or lack there of is one repeated to me in the office 

2 hours ago, chipdawg said:

One of those Barnsley fans makes the point that the club stuck by him when it was going very wrong and now he's jumping ship at the first opportunity, which I actually think is a fair comment

Speaking to actual non-Internet based fans here at work, people are fairly nonplused. Most would rather he stayed because he seems to have finally got it 'right', but no one thinks he's an irreplaceable messiah. Most of the angst is from the quality of who might replace him rather than the damage his leaving will do directly. The comment one of those forum users made regarding tactical know how or lack there of is one repeated to me in the office 

Your last sentence is the part that worries me.

A couple of months ago it looked like he was on the verge of getting sacked, lately they have won 7 in 7 ( I think ) so something has changed. Some Barnsley fans allude to him having to go with players he didn't want to,l go with,  or that's the way I read it. 

I guess time will tell, it's not the big 'surprising' candidate that Mr Ashton came out with imo though!

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Appointing any manager is a gamble but a club can reduce the risk by employing a man who has a proven track record.

LJ has no such thing.

Life isn't all about reducing risk.  Few people have been successful without taking risks.  The skill is to calculate what level of risk is acceptable.  Given that it's his money rather than yours that is at stake here, I assume Lansdown has done that.

4 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Well it was certainly the case the last few months he was here

Nonsense.

Stuck rigidly to the same 12 players and formation, but he was never long ball or negative.

In fact if he'd been more defensive (like we are now) he might still be in charge.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Nonsense.

Stuck rigidly to the same 12 players and formation, but he was never long ball or negative.

In fact if he'd been more defensive (like we are now) he might still be in charge.

Against MK Dons we had a torrid second half and tried to sit still or so it seemed, but yes agree in general there was no long ball or negative football. Indeed we were too cavalier according to many!! 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Let's hope LJ makes OTT demands and shoots himself in the foot.

Nailed your colours to the mast there Robbo. 

So you want to see Bristol City fail just so a manager you don't want can get the boot?? 

I was never pro-Cotterill. But I never once wanted him to fail. 

What a ******* joke!! 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

So you want to see Bristol City fail just so a manager you don't want can get the boot?? 

What a ******* joke!! 

He's fishing, in his usual 'masochist' way. Don't feed him :) 

either that or he's a prize plum. 

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

What a ******* joke!! 

I think he means so he doesn't get the job

Archived