IGNORED

Barnsley fans opinions!

Portland Bill

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nailed your colours to the mast there Robbo. 

So you want to see Bristol City fail just so a manager you don't want can get the boot?? 

I was never pro-Cotterill. But I never once wanted him to fail. 

What a ******* joke!! 

What the hell are you on about?

Show me where I said I wanted LJ to fail?  He's not even been appointed yet ffs!

My point - which you've obvious missed - is that IMO there are proven managers currently available and the board have shown a huge lack of ambition by even talking to LJ, who has no track record whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

What the hell are you on about?

Show me where I said I wanted LJ to fail?  He's not even been appointed yet ffs!

My point - which you've obvious missed - is that IMO there are proven managers currently available and the board have shown a huge lack of ambition by even talking to LJ, who has no track record whatsoever.

No point talking to a turned back tho mate. I just honestly don't believe these managers applied or were interested to take our calls, and yes I call Bullshit to Mr Ashton. 

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Your last sentence is the part that worries me.

A couple of months ago it looked like he was on the verge of getting sacked, lately they have won 7 in 7 ( I think ) so something has changed. Some Barnsley fans allude to him having to go with players he didn't want to,l go with,  or that's the way I read it. 

I guess time will tell, it's not the big 'surprising' candidate that Mr Ashton came out with imo though!

Yorkshire Post article came with that.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

No. It's co-incidence that GJ is his father. 

Id rather have Lickle Lee in charge then his dad every day of the week.

Please keep your fettishes to yourself; this is a family forum.

9 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Ah to be fair I think you're right, Dr Dolittle :) 

I think it was more one for the level of Frank Spencer to figure out.

Just now, phantom said:

What does it say about him that he could potentially be leaving his club just as he is about to lead them out at Wembley 

Driven and not sentimental.

But football is also about winning things..... must be a difficult decision

15 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Is LJ guilty by association here, Robbo? Serious question!

It's ok, I suspect that the evil Johnson family once kidnapped him, took a dump in his favourite shoes and then forced him to wear them.

15 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Your last sentence is the part that worries me.

A couple of months ago it looked like he was on the verge of getting sacked, lately they have won 7 in 7 ( I think ) so something has changed. Some Barnsley fans allude to him having to go with players he didn't want to,l go with,  or that's the way I read it. 

I guess time will tell, it's not the big 'surprising' candidate that Mr Ashton came out with imo though!

Yeah, it is a concern. I'm guess it's something that managers learn, but do we have the luxury of him learning on the job? Probably not

That said, we've just got rid of a manager who's idea of 'tactical variation' was to occasionally have 6 subs instead of 7, so maybe it won't matter too much

Archived