IGNORED

Bounce around the ground

where's the joy

• Admin
19 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

Johnson says 'Bounce around the ground'

while watching football on the ground

lets give them some bouncing on saturday at charlton in anticipation of the little fellas arrival

Nothing to do with Lee - it was connected to comments Gary made !!

Are we incapable of moving on and creating something new?

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Nothing to do with Lee - it was connected to comments Gary made !!

Are we incapable of moving on and creating something new?

Are we incapable of moving on and creating something new? Unfortunately it now appears yes, unless it is copying other clubs fans.

Johnson said originally appeared before Gary Johnsons " I want to see the ground bouncing ..." comments.

It doesnt work at home as everyone is too spread out. However, away from home it is brilliant. Creates a lot of noise and is generally a laugh!

honestly, i prefer the doobie-doo. Constant noise over and over. However, although im only mid 30's i think very few of the 'younguns' ( :grr: ) know this so it doesnt happen. 

My money's on a few 'bounces' at charlton tomorrow, so unless i can get a doobie-doo going the bounce around the ground shall have to suffice!!

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

Why do you think only pockets of supporters used to actually join in?

Because the vast majority thought it was crap, to put it bluntly!

Because it started with the 250 only in the EE in 2007.  the blokes who started it thought it was crap by 2009. time for something new whoever comes in.. 

3 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Cringeworthy, sounded naff and looked naff.

Here's one for you, bud (Directed at new head coach, LJ):

"Your old man said bounce around the ground.

I said, '**** off, b******s you're a ****' "

Nice and loud please :yes:

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh right, 'everyone bounces around you' - it was a handful of spotty teenagers thinking they were the East End

Ironically Johnson said  started v tomorrows opponents Charlton. It wasn't spotty teenagers. The Eastend was season ticket only - few teenagers.

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rubbish chant, hated it, cringeworthy, and it ain't about Lee

It could have been about anybody. A forgotten line was get behind the team. Good idea for awhile, got whole ends going, club specific ... It did become cringeworthy particularly as the clubs marketing department started advertising bouncing. 

22 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Here's one for you, bud (Directed at new head coach, LJ):

"Your old man said bounce around the ground.

I said, '**** off, b******s you're a ****' "

Nice and loud please :yes:

very good

When we're singing and making a racket non-stop for 90 minutes every week (just like 30 years ago :thumbsup:) and we've got more songs than we know what to do with, maybe then we can get a bit sniffy about one or two, and edit out the crapper ones. But until then, the alternative is more deathly quiet

Yeah lets hope it was a one off :) 

A little disrespectful to LJ too, as that was his dad's chant, LJ will want to be his own man, not constantly trying to live up to his dad.

We might as well sung "wheres your daddy too?? Wheres your daddy too??" It would of had the same meaning as bounce around the ground.

Archived