IGNORED

Bounce around the ground

where's the joy

26 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I'm not sure if you are in the Atyeo stand this season but the section 82 stuff is most definitely something new, in fact there's something new and fan led almost every week now. 

This is just a chant that gets a lot of fans off their seats and going for it which is what we've always needed. Looking forward to its return and was great today with everyone joining in. There was bouncing on the train, the bridge, the pub, the pisser... Popular chant no two ways about it. 

It is hard to think of anything in the last couple of seasons that has been original [new]. Seriously, and that includes the Atyeo.

You really are, City fans are capable of better than something that became stale and an embarrassment [bouncing for excitable teenagers v supporting the team].

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

It is hard to think of anything in the last couple of seasons that has been original [new]. Seriously, and that includes the Atyeo.

You really are, City fans are capable of better than something that became stale and an embarrassment [bouncing for excitable teenagers v supporting the team].

Could you name the completely original movements that were happening at city before the last few seasons? 

Genuinely interested 

7 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Jumping at football as demonstrated by the many videos of us bouncing and teams worldwide is not just for excitable teenagers. Infact it is one of the great sights in football watching a stand or even a whole stadium move like that.

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Jumping at football as demonstrated by the many videos of us bouncing and teams worldwide is not just for excitable teenagers. Infact it is one of the great sights in football watching a stand or even a whole stadium move like that.

Man City being one although I'm not a fan of their song you miss the game by turning around?? just odd!

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Could you name the completely original movements that were happening at city before the last few seasons? 

Genuinely interested 

Can't really think of many, but that's just my failing memory, there were plenty, I remember one night game against Huddersfield many years back, they had a rather tubby individual playing for them, they were shite, heading towards relegation and we were stuffing them.  The song of the night, everytime that individual got the ball was, " he's fat, he's round, his team are going down".  Nothing of great literary genius, not one for the archives really, but spontaneous humour, something that we were good at, something that seems to have been lacking for a few years. 

4 minutes ago, twodogs said:

Man City being one although I'm not a fan of their song you miss the game by turning around?? just odd!

Personally I'm not fussed. It looks good fun. If I just wanted to watch football then I'd stay at home and watch Man U. However I love coming to AG with mates and having some good craic. If that means I miss a minute or two then so be it. 

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Personally I'm not fussed. It looks good fun. If I just wanted to watch football then I'd stay at home and watch Man U. However I love coming to AG with mates and having some good craic. If that means I miss a minute or two then so be it. 

Happy bouncing but I'm not turning around!! 

I took a neutral along today. West Ham fan he is. Joined me in the away end, he was quite impressed with both the bounce and the variety of chanting- both at the pub and in away end.

Despite his West Ham affiliations overall he was very much supporting City today (as is only right!) and thinks we'll stay up.

I think by modern standards over here, City are doing not too bad in terms of atmosphere, range of it etc.

Right now this club needs any lift it can get. If the bounce can spread some positivity around the ground and help gain a few points then really where is the issue?

Yes it was over used in the end but it's had a long break and it sounded great on the radio and even had me bouncing around my home, it felt like an old friend had returned who we never thought we would see again.

Some people are bitter about the bounce for personal reasons imo.

9 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Genuinely interested 

YSC [bizarre at times], Forza Eastend [ crap name but a well meaning joke ] ...

Stickers, graff, street events, twinning with fans abroad from Prague and Tilburg, .. At one point City were noted by other fan groups for their originality and regional culture.

Johnson said was just one of a stream of ideas like Ernie which were like a flag drawn in the sand, till the tide comes in, and then moving onto the next idea.

Now?  Spacehoppers again. Done that.

8 minutes ago, WTMS said:

YSC [bizarre at times], Forza Eastend [ crap name but a well meaning joke ] ...

Stickers, graff, street events, twinning with fans abroad from Prague and Tilburg, .. At one point City were noted by other fan groups for their originality and regional culture.

Johnson said was just one of a stream of ideas like Ernie which were like a flag drawn in the sand, till the tide comes in, and then moving onto the next idea.

Now?  Spacehoppers again. Done that.

It was a great idea…full credit to whoever came up with that one. Great to hear it sung again yesterday…even if slightly in jest. 

The others…never caught on with the majority of fans I'm afraid, which isn't to knock them.

"Johnson says…" might not win awards from other fan groups but as I said earlier in this thread it had the away end at Newcastle rocking…which was one of the better moments in my decades following City.

21 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

It was a great idea…full credit to whoever came up with that one. Great to hear it sung again yesterday…even if slightly in jest. 

The others…never caught on with the majority of fans I'm afraid, which isn't to knock them.

"Johnson says…" might not win awards from other fan groups but as I said earlier in this thread it had the away end at Newcastle rocking…which was one of the better moments in my decades following City.

Full credit. No it remains an embarrassment. Along with some bright spark naming ideas after what could have been a East End Italian restaurant.

The others…never caught on with the majority of fans I'm afraid ... Depends what your majority is. Some of the genuinely good ideas still endure and have taken on a transient nature - Willem II fans using that Robin in flags etc.

Newcastle was years ago. A high point perhaps, but it became stale, dull, or worse.

Copying and spacehoppers again. City fans can do better.

17 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Full credit. No it remains an embarrassment. Along with some bright spark naming ideas after what could have been a East End Italian restaurant.

The others…never caught on with the majority of fans I'm afraid ... Depends what your majority is. Some of the genuinely good ideas still endure and have taken on a transient nature - Willem II fans using that Robin in flags etc.

Newcastle was years ago. A high point perhaps, but it became stale, dull, or worse.

Copying and spacehoppers again. City fans can do better.

What I mean by a "majority" is what is generally taken to be a majority, namely the greater number…the greater number of people at Ashton Gate were happy to sing "Johnson says.." indeed from where I stood the greater number of people singing anything in the away end at Charlton yesterday were singing along.

Newcastle was 2009…sadly many years ago but pretty recent in my City following timeline!

I'd much rather leave all that behind. It was a class song but it's done now and that was originally for GJ and he requested it. 

On the talk of chants, we really do need something fresh! Just seems City fans are happy to sing ole ole ole Bristol City every 10 minutes of the game. 

It's tiresome 

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I'd much rather leave all that behind. It was a class song but it's done now and that was originally for GJ and he requested it. 

On the talk of chants, we really do need something fresh! Just seems City fans are happy to sing ole ole ole Bristol City every 10 minutes of the game. 

It's tiresome 

Each to his own….personally I enjoy singing the old favourites which everyone knows and get everyone going. 

The day singing the old songs at football becomes "tiresome" is the day I'll stay at home.

29 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Each to his own….personally I enjoy singing the old favourites which everyone knows and get everyone going. 

The day singing the old songs at football becomes "tiresome" is the day I'll stay at home.

I love the old favourites. The bounce though was just a phase of a good spell at the club! 

I've personally never liked ole ole ole Bristol City. Just think it's a little boring and repetitive.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/welcome-lee-with-open-arms-lansdown-2942912.aspx

"There's no reason why our fans shouldn't get behind him. I wondered what sort of reception he'd get today and it was great to hear them singing his song now (Johnson says bounce around the ground). 

"His song"???? Maybe it's transferable? ;)

Just now, finbarr_in_z said:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/welcome-lee-with-open-arms-lansdown-2942912.aspx

"There's no reason why our fans shouldn't get behind him. I wondered what sort of reception he'd get today and it was great to hear them singing his song now (Johnson says bounce around the ground). 

"His song"???? Maybe it's transferable? ;)

Window`s closed mate, we can only have it on loan for 93 days now.

Archived