IGNORED

Bounce around the ground

where's the joy

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:43, Lew-T said:

I'd much rather leave all that behind. It was a class song but it's done now and that was originally for GJ and he requested it. 

On the talk of chants, we really do need something fresh! Just seems City fans are happy to sing ole ole ole Bristol City every 10 minutes of the game. 

It's tiresome 

Saturday at Charlton was awesome singing the over land and sea song.....not heard that un for yonks and far classier than ole ole ole boring one

On 7 February 2016 at 10:14, Red Exile said:

What I mean by a "majority" is what is generally taken to be a majority, namely the greater number…the greater number of people at Ashton Gate were happy to sing "Johnson says.." indeed from where I stood the greater number of people singing anything in the away end at Charlton yesterday were singing along.

Newcastle was 2009…sadly many years ago but pretty recent in my City following timeline!

You reckon around 10,000 people were singing it at home games??!!! No way, that really would have been deafening, but it wasn't...

lew t I'd much rather leave all that behind. It was a class song but it's done now and that was originally for GJ and he requested it.

Gj didn't request it. lads from the Lions and EE changed the Eastend says Holloways a C### to Johnson said get behind the team and Johnson said bounce around the ground before GJ made his comments about wanting to see the ground bouncing. it also had a verse about the EE.

Agree about something fresh. it was ok for a short while till the club leapt all over it and started pushing out t bounce t shirts. at the time

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You reckon around 10,000 people were singing it at home games??!!! No way, that really would have been deafening, but it wasn't...

Not sure what your point is but yes, I don't "reckon", I was there. All four stands, invited to join in by the East End. And bouncing around. And the vast majority at many away games. Frankly if that didn't catch on with the "majority of fans" I don't know what has.

Great days. 

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:14, Red Exile said:

What I mean by a "majority" is what is generally taken to be a majority, namely the greater number…the greater number of people at Ashton Gate were happy to sing "Johnson says.."

Odd away game yes. Ashton Gate no. The majority of fans at Ashton Gate with all respect were not prone to bouncing up and down then, or now.

14 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

lew t I'd much rather leave all that behind. It was a class song but it's done now and that was originally for GJ and he requested it.

Gj didn't request it. lads from the Lions and EE changed the Eastend says Holloways a C### to Johnson said get behind the team and Johnson said bounce around the ground before GJ made his comments about wanting to see the ground bouncing. it also had a verse about the EE.

Agree about something fresh. it was ok for a short while till the club leapt all over it and started pushing out t bounce t shirts. at the time

If you have a positive, supportive, pro City song, reasonably clean, more people will or are likely to join in with it.

Songs that are anti-Rovers and full of effing and jeffing, won't be sung by as many fans, by and large.

So the pro City one or ones will be louder and better, if I'm right about this. Better for the team than calling Holloway a **** or Dopey's mum a whatever. Personally, I couldn't give a **** about singing anti Rovers stuff most of the time, with some exceptions. I'd rather we had more supportive, pro us songs, and ones more people will join in with to make more noise and atmosphere.

Just how I see it

Just now, WTMS said:

Odd away game yes. Ashton Gate no. The majority of fans at Ashton Gate with all respect were not prone to bouncing up and down then, or now.

Not how I remember it, but hey ho...I rather enjoyed it, a genuinely original fun and popular chant which got people going.

I think for some it's a bit like music records; If their secret favoured little b side happens to go mainstream and hence into the hands of the masses, then their reaction is to suddenly dislike and disown it.

Same with the The Johnson bounce perhaps?

4 hours ago, WTMS said:

Not how I remember it pal! 

What I fail to understand is surely you advocate fans supporting the team in a positive way? Yet there is now a possibility of the support once again adopting the bounce and bringing some positivity to AG and indeed away games, crucially at a time when we need that positivity, however you really do seem against this? Come on what's really your agenda here? Pissed off the club made some money off of it and didn't give you a slice of the pie?

Your attitude is just really baffling.

6 hours ago, Just Red said:

Not how I remember it pal! 

What I fail to understand is surely you advocate fans supporting the team in a positive way? Yet there is now a possibility of the support once again adopting the bounce and bringing some positivity to AG and indeed away games, crucially at a time when we need that positivity, however you really do seem against this? Come on what's really your agenda here? Pissed off the club made some money off of it and didn't give you a slice of the pie?

Your attitude is just really baffling.

If it was considered beyond mediocre the badges, stickers, t shirts etc would have appeared like they did for other ideas, the interviews with BBC [they asked]  would have been agreed to, but it would have added to the plastic nature of it all. The bounce became contrived. It would have not been a surprise if Dave Llyod's voice appeared on the tannoy after goals "du, du duuuuu .." to choreograph those stretched into their t shirts like Homer Simpson.

The umpteenth bounces each half didn't create positive support, they stopped it, fans ceased to join in ... A half decent idea had become a very very poor one. City fans are capable of better. 

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

If it was considered beyond mediocre the badges, stickers, t shirts etc would have appeared like they did for other ideas, the interviews with BBC [they asked]  would have been agreed to, but it would have added to the plastic nature of it all. The bounce became contrived. It would have not been a surprise if Dave Llyod's voice appeared on the tannoy after goals "du, du duuuuu .." to choreograph those stretched into their t shirts like Homer Simpson.

The umpteenth bounces each half didn't create positive support, they stopped it, fans ceased to join in ... A half decent idea had become a very very poor one. City fans are capable of better. 

I agree about it being overdone.

If it was only sung once or twice a match it would've got a good response each time but you'd get people trying to start it every few minutes so the majority would just ignore it.

Now that it's been away for so long I'd be happy to hear it again as long as it's not so over sung.

On 07/02/2016 at 11:19, Red Right Hand said:

Should go back to the 70s IMO. `I`m a bow legged chicken` `If I had the wings of a sparrow` and other classics you never hear any more. I`d be up for doobie doobie doo though.

A few of us do sing the doobie doo song from the back of the South Stand a few more join in now and again ,would be good to get more singing along.

On Monday, February 08, 2016 at 20:48, finbarr_in_z said:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/welcome-lee-with-open-arms-lansdown-2942912.aspx

"There's no reason why our fans shouldn't get behind him. I wondered what sort of reception he'd get today and it was great to hear them singing his song now (Johnson says bounce around the ground). 

"His song"???? Maybe it's transferable? ;)

And it looks like it is (see post 2 above)

Archived