IGNORED

Anybody else want Cott's back?

PFree

53 minutes ago, PFree said:

Just a thought but given what we've been through since he was sacked, I'm sat here thinking it's so true that you have to sometimes be careful what you wish for - anybody else agree?

I wanted a new manager with successful Championship experience? With connections at the top level? Who announced our ambitions as a club? Who I had confidence in keeping us up? Who could not only consolidate but build further towards our Premiership dream...?

I just feel as though I'll soon wake from this nightmare, but sadly, that's not the case...!

Supporting the wrong team ... Until Lansdown lets go or we get other investment this is how it's gonna be ... Fill your head full of corporate waffle but never actually deliver bit like the big 6 energy suppliers.  It's a real shame as the West Country is desperate for a top rate footy team but we just need someone with some balls and to put there money where there mouth is. We could easily fill that new stadium and with the rewards on offer at the top level all we need is someone who is prepared to go that extra mile. And all you lot that rabbit on about tan/cellimo etc just think there are far more better than that and the majority are better than that at the top level. 

I hear we want a cracking at the Prem. With all due respect to Lee Johnson, he does not fill me with confidence.

SL spends circa £40m on a new stadium. We bid circa £9m on a new striker but we don't spend the dosh on a manager who can deliver the goods

Why not ?

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

I hear we want a cracking at the Prem. With all due respect to Lee Johnson, he does not fill me with confidence.

SL spends circa £40m on a new stadium. We bid circa £9m on a new striker but we don't spend the dosh on a manager who can deliver the goods

Why not ?

who would deliver the goods? and how much to deliver, and can it be guaranteed?

Got the answer to this give the board his, hers or its number

1 minute ago, TRL said:

who would deliver the goods? and how much to deliver, and can it be guaranteed?

Got the answer to this give the board his, hers or its number

No I don't have a definitive answer but FFS use your head. You don't let a Butcher run a flower shop.

My honest opinion is we need a Warnock type influence 

1 hour ago, PFree said:

Just a thought but given what we've been through since he was sacked, I'm sat here thinking it's so true that you have to sometimes be careful what you wish for - anybody else agree?

I wanted a new manager with successful Championship experience? With connections at the top level? Who announced our ambitions as a club? Who I had confidence in keeping us up? Who could not only consolidate but build further towards our Premiership dream...?

I just feel as though I'll soon wake from this nightmare, but sadly, that's not the case...!

No chance by the end he'd completely lost it, sulking most of the time , subs only on late, no youngsters, 5 on the bench rather than give young ones a chance, and forever whinging that he couldn't sign ANYONE , plus being under the illusion we dominated every game! 

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

No I don't have a definitive answer but FFS use your head. You don't let a Butcher run a flower shop.

Having seen what Johnson has done to school himself in football management I think he is quite well qualified, he seems driven.

I have said I would have liked Warnock as a short term option, but  I don't think he would have wanted a short term option, and certainly would not have worked within the structure being setup... Just see Les Ferdinand's comments about him atQPR.

ive been thinking about this. with m ashton doing all the recruiting and  office work,and pembo as no2,the college training scientist and mable the tea lady, i might aswell chuck my name in the hat,im sure if i asked on here on a friday night,we could pick the right team for saturday and pembo would tell me if i was miles wrong. isnt that basically what lj is being allowed to do if appointed? Joe Bryans a bright lad,why not make him player/coach? he and i have as much championship managerial experience as LJ. Underwhelmed to say the least but i will support him for as long as he proves he is capable.glass half full on that and as for original question, sorry SC,you did us proud but it only took 1 game without you to stop the goals against rallying up

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

Having seen what Johnson has done to school himself in football management I think he is quite well qualified, he seems driven.

I have said I would have liked Warnock as a short term option, but  I don't think he would have wanted a short term option, and certainly would not have worked within the structure being setup... Just see Les Ferdinand's comments about him atQPR.

And what has Les Ferdinand achieved in football management ?

2 hours ago, PFree said:

No thanks.

His petulance & stubbornnes are why you're enduring such a nightmare.

Thanks for the memories SC but time to move on now.

2 hours ago, PFree said:

No....leaving gaps on the bench and depriving young players that experience...to make a point??????.....unforgivable,and still can't begin to understand why he would let himself down like this..strange behaviour.

Just now, BigTone said:

It's very relevant.  Warnock has managed, Ferdinand has not

The point being made was Fedinand is working in a Burt/Ashton Role,and Warnock could not or would not work harmoniously in it,he wanted total control and to remove the staff in the underlying structure.... So Warnock has high quality management experience, but not the ability to work in a structure a club wantd to impose on him... So as much as I would have liked him here in the short term,I don't think it would have worked long term.  I use the Ferdinand example to back up my thoughts on this subject.

So i still think your reference to Ferdinand not being a a manger is irrelevant in this conversation. as not the point I am trying  (badly by the looks of it) make

7 minutes ago, TRL said:

The point being made was Fedinand is working in a Burt/Ashton Role,and Warnock could not or would not work harmoniously in it,he wanted total control and to remove the staff in the underlying structure.... So Warnock has high quality management experience, but not the ability to work in a structure a club wantd to impose on him... So as much as I would have liked him here in the short term,I don't think it would have worked long term.  I use the Ferdinand example to back up my thoughts on this subject.

So i still think your reference to Ferdinand not being a a manger is irrelevant in this conversation. as not the point I am trying  (badly by the looks of it) make

I respect your thoughts but you cannot use the opinion of a "never have been" to those of a "been there and done it". Also how do we know Warnock could not work in our setup ? I don't know him so well, do you ?

3 hours ago, PFree said:

Arguably, SC was a proven Championship manager (note I did not necessarily say successful). Arguably, he had connections at a 'top' level; depending on your definition of 'top'. Did I have confidence he would keep us up though? Unfortunately, due to his complete lack of willingness to change what wasn't working, no, I didn't. 

It's hard to define who could do that / what attributes an individual would need. I'd have less faith in Steve Clarke keeping us up than I would have LJ....for example.

Just now, BigTone said:

I respect your opinion but you cannot use the opinion of a "never have been" to those of a "been there and done it"

My opinion is it matters not what you have been and done, its how you fit into a club.  Being successful does not guarantee success, being unsuccessful does not guarantee you will continue to be unsuccessful.

The likelihood of Lee or Neil being successful are about the same 50/50.  i point you to LVH, who I think is a great manager, looks increasingly like he will be sacked,likewise Jose Mourinho, premiership to sacked in a few months.  history means nothing, its about the here and now.

13 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

No....leaving gaps on the bench and depriving young players that experience...to make a point??????.....unforgivable,and still can't begin to understand why he would let himself down like this..strange behaviour.

This was the key to his sacking, in my humble and by no means ITK opinion. Pemberton, if his interim role proves anything, has shown that the squad could be rotated and used, and a different formation utilised, without drastically worse results. 

Very strange behavior, I agree, and would love to know more. I doubt we ever will though.....

No but i'm not sure why

If its because the board didnt support him in the summer then yes. He  transformed and changed a team. 

What i really want to know is why we didnt recruit in the summer which was a key period promotion etc that i really dont get either from the board or from him, as in we recruited 1 striker and thats it

Ok. I am not ITK but I did hear something a couple of months before SC was relieved of his duties which I am happy to state (the source is an ex BCFC player).

You are all welcome to see how long it was SC was "unemployed" before being appointed at City so to clarify I am not entirely sure of the time-scales although it is not that important.

So, I heard that SC before being appointed to us attended a course (in France if you want me to be precise) which was solely related to the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 system he implemented whilst with us. Apparently he was so intrigued, convinced and latterly obsessed with this formation that he was never going to change it. I therefore am 99% sure that his sacking was the only way forward.

As I said I am not ITK but I heard this from a non City fan who is a mate of an ex City player. Read between the lines and I'm sure you know the ex 'player'. Known the guy for a while and see no reason for him to lie - he's involved in a non playing capacity for a local non-league side.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Amazing, you don't let a football manager manage a football club...   You really need... A football manager

How about just keeping an open mind and see how it goes

Archived