IGNORED

Welcome Lee Johnson

Dynamite Red

Looking at Barnsley's latest statement it would appear he is our new manager. Unless he has gambled and burnt every bridge with Barnsley he will be announced as our new head coach. 

I am hugely apprehensive but he will have my support. The board on the other hand are can stick there claims and ambitions where the sun doesn't shine. To many lies, and false hopes for me and if we go down this will be my last season as ST holder which I have held for 20 years.

Good luck Lee, you will need it.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like you do. At this moment, it is very unlikely that I will renew my ST after 66 years supporting. I really thought that after last season, we had turned into a proper football club but the season so far has been a complete shambles and this appointment is totally underwhelming.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like you do. At this moment, it is very unlikely that I will renew my ST after 66 years supporting. I really thought that after last season, we had turned into a proper football club but the season so far has been a complete shambles and this appointment is totally underwhelming.

This is exactly what people here said about Cotts when he was appointed, a few wins will soon change their opinions

39 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

This is exactly what people here said about Cotts when he was appointed, a few wins will soon change their opinions

Correct Ashton_fan I for one was hugely disappointed when Cotterill was appointed. However, I did post an apology on here after last seasons successes.

Lets hope Johnson has the same kind of impact in the coming weeks.

I think whoever takes over is onto a winner, as Johnson himself said we really don't look like a side in trouble since that terrible run before sc got the boot, and that was down to persisting with 3-5-2 long after everyone but sc knew it was a terrible mistake in this division. You can talk all you like about strikers not coming here but if we'd played 4-3-3 this season I know there would be no mmediate relegation worries. Our form since sc left. 1 win against top side, 1 unlucky loss away. I unlucky draw against 1 of the form teams in he division, that is not relegation form, 

I still don't know why he would want to come here. Sorry but that is my take on this. If he does then I feel for him. He will be in a no win situation if he doesn't save us from relegation he will be a failure. If he saves us we still won't be convinced that he is good enough for us will we. I think he probably will want to stay at Barnsley and finish what he has started there.  

Sadly there will be a minority who don't want him to succeed because of who he is.  That's THEIR problem, not LJ's.  But by expressing that vociferously at the ground (which they will do), only serves to exacerbate the problem they want to see.

I was against Cotterill's appointment, but not once did I boo him or his team, not once did I threaten to stop following the club.

Massive over reactions by a lot of posters.  Yes, I get the "ambition" thing, and the "lied to by the club" thing, but there are many who are more than happy to pick up their "beat LJ" stick again.  Unfairly.  I hope they don't come to AG to poison the atmosphere. 

What on earth will the pro Cotterell supporters say if LJ's side win more games between now and the end of the season than they're messiah did all season.......difficult eh? And what forbid. If he saves us from relegation? And the worst scenario, wait for it.......we play champagne free flowing football. It just doesn't bare thinking about. Lets all pray he is a huge failure......cos we wouldn't want to look stupid.....would we?

Just now, redfieldred said:

I think whoever takes over is onto a winner, as Johnson himself said we really don't look like a side in trouble since that terrible run before sc got the boot, and that was down to persisting with 3-5-2 long after everyone but sc knew it was a terrible mistake in this division. You can talk all you like about strikers not coming here but if we'd played 4-3-3 this season I know there would be no mmediate relegation worries. Our form since sc left. 1 win against top side, 1 unlucky loss away. I unlucky draw against 1 of the form teams in he division, that is not relegation form, 

I'm liking the positivity, and agree with you that the "Upturn" in form has come since the formation change by Mr Pemberton. If Johnson can build on this solid foundation, find a goalscorer, and have a slice of luck, he may just keep us up.

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Undoubtedly unverified cobblers. But a post on Barnsley Fans BB quoting someone on Twitter (I know, I know, ?I'm only passing on what I've seen) that LJ has turned us down

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?239331-Johnson-rejects-Bristol-City

I believe you are referring to this;

its a parody account.

1 minute ago, john from high littleton said:

What on earth will the pro Cotterell supporters say if LJ's side win more games between now and the end of the season than they're messiah did all season.......difficult eh? And what forbid. If he saves us from relegation? And the worst scenario, wait for it.......we play champagne free flowing football. It just doesn't bare thinking about. Lets all pray he is a huge failure......cos we wouldn't want to look stupid.....would we?

What on earth will the pro LJ supporters say if we don't win another game this season and end up back in league 1, oh well I'm sure they will blame Cotterill.

9 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

I still don't know why he would want to come here. Sorry but that is my take on this. If he does then I feel for him. He will be in a no win situation if he doesn't save us from relegation he will be a failure. If he saves us we still won't be convinced that he is good enough for us will we. I think he probably will want to stay at Barnsley and finish what he has started there.  

I think he has a great opportunity here. IF he keeps us up, he will find himself manager of a club with a 27k stadium, a squad of players with a year of 2nd tier experience and full season ahead to build on it. 

If he keeps us up he'll also have won some favour with the fans, at least for a little while. 

He's got a big three months ahead of him.

5 minutes ago, bcfcmike said:

What on earth will the pro LJ supporters say if we don't win another game this season and end up back in league 1, oh well I'm sure they will blame Cotterill.

I'm one of Cotterill's biggest defenders and don't think he should ever have been sacked. I'm also pro-LJ. So I don't see the link.

Just now, john from high littleton said:

After all it would be wrong to blame this seasons poor results on Cotterell......right?

Yeah personally I would say it would be unfair to blame him for it totally, after what we all know happened in the summer.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Yeh but when Cotts was appointed we were a league one club......we are hanging on in the championship by a thread right now and if we go down with a new manager you can't compare the situation to when Cotts took over...he hadn't just taken us down...

5 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

so underwhelmed by this it aint true. On the whole i've been ok about most of the recent managers for one reason or another but this, somehow, feels like a massive mistake.

Totally agree with your feelings. I remember feeling pretty shit when we appointed mcwinless but thought no the club say he is up and coming lets give him a chance. With all the talk of premier league and "you will be surprised who wants to work for BCFC" talk I find it hard to believe that the best we can do is LJ, who up until 4 weeks ago was odds on for the sack at a struggling league 1 side.

Like someone else has said when you nick a manager from another club the fans of that club should be up in arms not offering him lifts down to Bristol.

Archived