IGNORED

Welcome Lee Johnson

Dynamite Red

5 hours ago, Bowie said:

The lack of a striker in the transfer window....

The lack of quality manager that he stated he wanted to appoint....

Bloke is a idiot.

You can keep repeating this in every post if you like, it's just going to make it so much easier to find some humble pie for you to eat.

4 hours ago, bristol red said:

Yep, I agree an idiot. Maybe we should start a poll... is MA an idiot? Stated that he wanted to employ a head coach that understood the 'modern game' - whatever that means??

What do you think it means? I would say that he means not old school, my way or the highway type Managers, but one that understands that the way to build long term consistency is to have a team that all work towards a common goal and know that their input is valued and recognised. All the people are rightly praising Pembo and Wade today, so it makes me wonder how much they were being ignored by SC,

Some people are going to look very stupid with some of the comments I'm reading...and you can bet they'll be the first to jump on the bandwagon if LJ does well for us...give the guy a chance.

Interesting that MA took advice from various people in the game before making the decision.

I don't think Ashton has helped the situation coming out at the beginning with the whole "You'd be surprised who's interested" speech. 

That said, whilst he wouldn't have been my first choice, I'm certainly not disappointed. 

Good luck Lee, welcome back! 

COYR's

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He can use what ever Management speak he likes as far as I am concerned as long as he gets us some success.

My thoughts exactly.

Lots of people getting wound up by the way he talks and what he says; who cares?  If it leads to improving the football club, he can go full Alan Partridge and I'd not give a jot.

3 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I don't think Ashton has helped the situation coming out at the beginning with the whole "You'd be surprised who's interested" speech. 

That said, whilst he wouldn't have been my first choice, I'm certainly not disappointed. 

Good luck Lee, welcome back! 

COYR's

I think people are making way too much out of that comment....it doesn't mean those interested were any good, does it fella?

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Some people are going to look very stupid with some of the comments I'm reading...and you can bet they'll be the first to jump on the bandwagon if LJ does well for us...give the guy a chance.

Interesting that MA took advice from various people in the game before making the decision.

As stupid as someone changing their forum name to depths of despair?

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Common sense I'd say but at least he's not that much of an egotist to not take advice which can only be a good thing!!

Now if they can just sort the loan striker...

Looking forward to next saturday

Just now, spudski said:

Haha...yes...and how right I was...screwed it up as I predicted. Got us up like I said he would...then messed up...could of written the script.

Well if that is screwing it up then I hope the new manager makes an even bigger balls up.

But as he has little power at least he won't be shafted in the same way.

But will be just another token sacrifice eh?

Followed by Wade perhaps?

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think people are making way too much out of that comment....it doesn't mean those interested were any good, does it fella?

You're right, but it was a stupid thing to say and at least implied standout applicants.

Regardless of who came in the comment would leave people salivating for the alternative as he made it sound like we were attractive. That's why I personally think it was a very ill judged comment. 

I am pleased there was a proper process in place this time to appoint the head coach, unlike last time.  I am also pleased that in MA there is a professional in charge of the process and not as before, some unqualified member of The Board etc.  OK I get that there is an inbuilt prejudice by some on otib against 'suits' but not all suits are the same, and this suit did marvels in the transfer window with no run-in time.  Yes, no striker but come midweek then I guess this maybe yesterday's problem

For the very first time this season I am genuinely optimistic and looking forward whether we stay up or go down

CTID

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

Why say it then? Why raise the expectation level because that was the only possible outcome from such a comment whether you like it or not. 

Anyway, as I said - I'm not one of the people that is disappointed with LJ. It's a genuinely intriguing appointment and I'm looking forward to having him in charge. 

4 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Well if that is screwing it up then I hope the new manager makes an even bigger balls up.

But as he has little power at least he won't be shafted in the same way.

But will be just another token sacrifice eh?

Followed by Wade perhaps?

Why do you think SC was shafted FR?

He had us in the relegation zone, conceding goals for fun. Threw his dummy out often, blamed bad luck and everything else bar himself. Refused to budge on a system, used the same old players, very rarely subbed, said he couldn't get any more out of the players ( well Pembo and Wade have ) and kept talking about how hard it was to get players to join.

The Summer transfer debacle was down to Pre contracts being stopped for a reason. Nothing to do with being too expensive, but because there were 'irregularities' within those contracts. They were rightly stopped and SC rightly sacked.

Then you have the damage he was doing with the academy and development and squad players...not interested in them at all. He also fell out with staff their and refused to speak to them.

He was taking this Club backwards...so 'Shafted' he wasn't. The board would have backed him if those pre contracts were proper.

MA said in his most recent interview, that we have a good backroom staff...and that LJ would fit in nicely and work well with them. That say's a lot.

Funny as soon as SC went...Pembo and Wade who both worked with him and the players, chose to change the system completely and put faith in fringe players...and our fortunes have up turned.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

He had us in the relegation zone, conceding goals for fun. Threw his dummy out often, blamed bad luck and everything else bar himself. Refused to budge on a system, used the same old players, very rarely subbed, said he couldn't get any more out of the players ( well Pembo and Wade have ) and kept talking about how hard it was to get players to join.

The Summer transfer debacle was down to Pre contracts being stopped for a reason. Nothing to do with being too expensive, but because there were 'irregularities' within those contracts. They were rightly stopped and SC rightly sacked.

Then you have the damage he was doing with the academy and development and squad players...not interested in them at all. He also fell out with staff their and refused to speak to them.

He was taking this Club backwards...so 'Shafted' he wasn't. The board would have backed him if those pre contracts were proper.

MA said in his most recent interview, that we have a good backroom staff...and that LJ would fit in nicely and work well with them. That say's a lot.

Funny as soon as SC went...Pembo and Wade who both worked with him and the players, chose to change the system completely and put faith in fringe players...and our fortunes have up turned.

Great post mate.

That's your take on things @spudski not mine.

Those in power knew what they were taking on when they employed him and allowed him to do things his way the previous summer and were more than happy.

So called irregularities are not uncommon. If the matter had been dealt with differently and been glossed over for the greater good we would have a stronger team, be a lot further up the league and not be in the new corporate fudge now in place. Also would have saved a lot of money as result.

We won't agree on this and as ever no doubt you will have the last word. But I am a lot more at the "depths of despair" with where we are now, than you were when Cotts replaced our worst manager ever.

3 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

That's your take on things @spudski not mine.

Those in power knew what they were taking on when they employed him and allowed him to do things his way the previous summer and were more than happy.

So called irregularities are not uncommon. If the matter had been dealt with differently and been glossed over for the greater good we would have a stronger team, be a lot further up the league and not be in the new corporate fudge now in place. Also would have saved a lot of money as result.

We won't agree on this and as ever no doubt you will have the last word. But I am a lot more at the "depths of despair" with where we are now, than you were when Cotts replaced our worst manager ever.

We can agree to disagree then FR :flowers:

3 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Can he bring his dad to look after him? 

;)

Whilst not his biggest praiser (not detractor) from what I remember of LJ on the pitch he was gobby and didn't shirk a challenge, or a square up. Don't think he'll need or want him :) 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Tut, tut Spudski.

That's an awful lot of sense and realistic analysis for one post.

It is not appropriate for this forum where the rules are that you can only blame the owner, board, COO and now, of course, Lee Johnson.

P.S. reading all the posters saying we should have appointed better than LJ, I wonder how many Leicester fans who , after seeing the manager who managed the great escape leave the club, welcomed Ranieri's appointment?

Archived