IGNORED

The Official Charlton Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

Determined to take the credit away from JP and Wade.

Very disappointing attitude.

Or we could credit the players, who regardless of the person in charge, are the ones who actually won the game.

in my opinion we give managers far to much credit/derision despite the fact they are pretty much just bystanders to the reason a team wins or loses 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, samo II said:

They'd do well to get a draw, and even then they'd only be above us on goal difference.

Another huge game in a couple of weeks at their place, that's for sure.

Tickets arrived yesterday. Leave at 2pm and get there comfortably. 

Was hoping for a bare minimum of five points against Charlton, Ipswich, MK, so a very good start. Good point for them at Cardiff today, but win that and we may for the first time in ages have a little breathing space.

Edited by cityexile
Just now, RedDave said:

You have no idea what impact his appointment had. I'm choosing to believe that the new manager effect had an impact, as it often does. You are choosing to rule that out, the more negative option in the long run

That's your opinion, but not most posters on here, he only signed this morning or afternoon and not officially taking over as manager until Monday, Pembs and Wade have started the comeback by changing the shape and tactics.   Lee has had nothing to do with that and just by sitting in the stand imo doesn't make players play any better.  Our players always try hard and today was no different.

• Like 3

Credit to Pembo and Wade. This was in my view a must win game and a win was duly delivered.

Game itself when we got a pen mind thought back to Charlton at home but it went in...just!

Pub was excellent atmosphere pre GS. And atmosphere in stand was decent I thought, especially towards top half. Results broadly went our way too, we merited our win...goal aside Freeman's chIP that nearly dipped in maybe his confidence is returning hoping so.

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Very, very important result... Bolton winning (and Charlton last week) has made it tighter down the bottom though. Hopefully Fulham & Huddersfield will get dragged into the mix, Blackburn have 2 games in hand and I suspect will pull clear.

I would be delighted if foreign Owned Blackburn and Leeds get dragged in... oh Fulham also yeah... not too fussy.

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You have no idea what impact his appointment had. I'm choosing to believe that the new manager effect had an impact, as it often does. You are choosing to rule that out, the more negative option in the long run

Did or did not... lets just forget that and give Pembo and Wade the credit because bringing LJ into the equation, even by talking about it in some hypothetical manner, belittles the work those two guys have done.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Tickets arrived yesterday. Leave at 2pm and get there comfortably. 

Was hoping for a bare minimum of five points against Charlton, Ipswich, MK, so a very good start. Good point for them at Cardiff today, but win that and we may for the first time in ages have a little breathing space.

Ipswich should be interesting.

Their form is inconsistent, and even when we were not in good form we managed to get a point at their place, so a point next weekend would be excellent.

MK also have Derby next weekend, and while they have staggered a bit recently, I'd rather a home game to Ipswich just now than a trip to Pride Park.

Big couple of weeks.

7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I would be delighted if foreign Owned Blackburn and Leeds get dragged in... oh Fulham also yeah... not too fussy.

Did or did not... lets just forget that and give Pembo and Wade the credit because bringing LJ into the equation, even by talking about it in some hypothetical manner, belittles the work those two guys have done.

We cant quantify the impact LJ had on the players, they were aware and whatever impact that had happened along with everything else that played out.

you could argue that had LJ not been in the stands we would have thrashed them etc ;p

Edited by CiderHider
1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

We cant quantify the impact LJ had on the players, they were aware and whatever impact that had happened along with everything else that played out.

, you could argue that had LJ not been in the stands, we would have thrashed them 3-0 ;p

Exactly, so why even mention it, thanks for sorting that out once and for all.

Today should be a celebration of Pemberton and Elliott and not somebody sat in the stand not being able to believe his luck.

• Like 2

I'm fully behind LJ's appointment, but let's not detract from the fact that it was Pembo and Wade's team that won today.

As others have said; the team and the two mentioned above have done excellent work under trying circumstances, and made me a very proud City fan.

Delighted to still have Pembo as first team coach, and hope Wade retains close links to the first team in order to assist the transition for young players.

Realise many aren't happy with the appointment, but personally today has been good, what with the result and LJ arriving, which is a nice change after the last few weekends!

• Like 1

I thought Steve L sounded irritated by the tone of questioning from Hoskins suggesting he has been generally irked all week by the backlash from the Lee J rumours. Ashton actually came across better but in both cases they contradicted themselves vis a vis what they had both said in the recent past about possible candidates and/or different terms of contract.

That suggests that they have tended to make some decisions on the fly and strategy is something to be moved around like peas on a plate.

Good Luck Lee anyway.