IGNORED

Whoever brought the smoke @ Charlton

Lordofthebling

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

To be fair, clearly a troll. Responding won't make it any better - best just ignored.

hope your daughters ok!

Troll he may be, but he's also a City fan this Luke chappie, which is simply baffling - trolling one of his fellow fans after an incident involving a young girl.  

Having read some of Luke's tweets, and being a dad myself, I really hope he falls down the stairs tonight or gets the shit beaten out of him (matter of time).

His Twitter also reveals what he looks like, which is really silly if you're a troll.

6 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Luke whoever you are mate hold your hand up,apologise and you and your mates chuck a few quid in a kitty ,get it to the father so as he can treat the little un as a sorry !

Appreciate the thought mate but it's not necessary and I wouldn't want it from someone like this anyway.

To be honest I'm an idiot for posting 1 of the few negative comments when you wouldn't believe the amount of goodwill msgs I've had today from City fans on here, FB & Twitter. I should be posting them instead but it's surprising how a negative comment gets your attention. We are both really touched by it all and it shows how great and classy our fans are

6 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Lads, smoke bombs are great the more the merrier but don't throw them around in your own crowd,just let em off drop them and kick down terrace ,same effect and no one gets hurt.Keep adding to the atmosphere CTID

Exactly. Although not knowing what they pack into those things I trust the smoke is not damaging to the eyes.

If only the moron had half a brain and it was engaged before he threw it. In fact less than half a brain would have been sufficient. 

I hope your daughter will return to a football match soon and if like father like daughter she will appreciate the vast and largely silent majority of all football fans are decent people. 

The guy that threw this needs to grow up and someone needs to give him a stern telling off. 

5 hours ago, BozzieBrown said:

I was at the back and gave him a stern talking to when I saw him throw it and hit the netting. He promised to kick them from now on. Had no clue about the girl at the time, hope she keeps following city home and away.

Good on you mate. At least he took it on board and didn`t just give you a load back - mind you, I don`t know you so you might be 18 stone and covered in tats for all I know!

8 hours ago, redfred said:

Troll he may be, but he's also a City fan this Luke chappie, which is simply baffling - trolling one of his fellow fans after an incident involving a young girl.  

Having read some of Luke's tweets, and being a dad myself, I really hope he falls down the stairs tonight or gets the shit beaten out of him (matter of time).

His Twitter also reveals what he looks like, which is really silly if you're a troll.

And where he sits (half way line dolman) - hope someone has a word with him.

I'm sure the person commenting on Twitter is not the person who threw it! He prob wasn't even there! Likewise I'm sure if the person who threw it knew it had hit someone and hurt them would be upset and would apologise! Again he prob ain't on here!!

bring them in yes! But once finished just on floor next to you

Unfortunately we have an element at our club that like to do anything they want and **** the rest of the decent fans, this can include vile chanting , standing when seats are provided so blocking the views of the young, elderly infirm and people who just follow the rules, throwing pyro canisters etc. It's just football though right?

49 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I'm sure the person commenting on Twitter is not the person who threw it! He prob wasn't even there! Likewise I'm sure if the person who threw it knew it had hit someone and hurt them would be upset and would apologise! Again he prob ain't on here!!

The person who threw it knew full well he was throwing it towards a densely packed group of people in a football stand. I very much doubt he would care.

52 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I'm sure the person commenting on Twitter is not the person who threw it! He prob wasn't even there! Likewise I'm sure if the person who threw it knew it had hit someone and hurt them would apologise! Again he prob ain't on here!!

You'd like to think so but to be honest mate I'm not sure they would. Ive been told exactly the same happened at West Brom, throwing this missile is a deliberate act and having held it in my hand if continued will seriously hurt someone. 

14 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

You'd like to think so but to be honest mate I'm not sure they would. Ive been told exactly the same happened at West Brom, throwing this missile is a deliberate act and having held it in my hand if continued will seriously hurt someone. 

I don't want to defend throwing it, and it's horrible that it hit your girl. 

But I do think rather than throwing it out of a lack of brain cells they're probably feeling that they have to get rid of it in the midst of the smoke, otherwise they're a lot more likely to get caught and given banning order for possession of it/letting it off, maybe even imprisonment which is ridiculous. If you were that close to the front then maybe they were trying to reach the pitch and avoid city fans altogether. I hope so anyway.

42 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I don't want to defend throwing it, and it's horrible that it hit your girl. 

But I do think rather than throwing it out of a lack of brain cells they're probably feeling that they have to get rid of it in the midst of the smoke, otherwise they're a lot more likely to get caught and given banning order for possession of it/letting it off, maybe even imprisonment which is ridiculous. If you were that close to the front then maybe they were trying to reach the pitch and avoid city fans altogether. I hope so anyway.

We were 5 rows from the front, the person that let this off was 1 row from the back so whoever threw it was in the same area, that's quite a distance to throw it. I'm sure they had their reasons but that doesn't excuse the act of stupidity. I've already had our 'Fan of the year' nominee telling me it was an accident, it's not that serious and generally taking the piss. Well there were kids 7 & 8 years old sat in front of us, God knows what could have happened if it had hit 1 of them in the face. They are brave enough to bring it in but not brave enough to face the consequences of getting caught, better to risk other fans health. Sorry but they're *****

13 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

I've tried to insert a pic of the smoke canister that hit my daughter today and the cut on her head but not great on here so dunno if it's showing up. 

From the videos I've seen this was let of towards the back of the stand, we were sat 5 rows from the front celebrating our goal so it was thrown quite a distance. It hit her clean on the top of her head leaving a small cut, she was completely shaken up and in tears. I tweeted this after not because I want someone to get in trouble of even find out who did it, I really don't care. I tweeted it in the hope that they might see it and realise what a completely ****ish thing they did.

Ive received a majority of msgs back from people condemning this, I've tried to thank them all individually, I really appreciated there concern. I also received a few not so nice tweets. One guy saw fit to blame me for tweeting instead of making sure my daughter was ok (as if as a father I wouldn't have done that first) he then felt the need to belittle the incident because it wasn't that serious, claim it was an accident. Well sorry but whilst I'm sure the intention wasn't to hurt anyone throwing a missile like that isn't an accident, this thing was solid and had it hit someone in the eye it would have done some real damage. 

From the Twitter response some people have clearly found this funny, some think I've been over dramatic, that's fine, I can say with certainty that anyone out there with a sense of decency will understand my upset at this incident. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. I hope you're daughter is ok mate.

Anyone that thinks it's acceptable to lob something like that aimlessly and knowing it could well hit someone needs their head examining (Forgive the pun).

I'm sure we would have heard all the I'm sorry stories and it wasn't intentional etc etc if it was worse (thankfully it wasn't for you and your daughters sake) but it beggers the question why do it in the first place !? 

Fingers crossed this doesn't put your little one off going to football.

best wishes

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I remember the dart throwing days,not right then or now,as my mother used to say"take your eye out with that",have fun but don't start lobbing them

My first thought when I saw the head wound photo was how much worse it could have been if she had happened to turn around at that moment.  Always an element who don't engage common sense - hope that she won't be put off by this.

12 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

Thank you all so much for your concerns guys.

For every one like Luke below there are hundreds of great people like you

image.jpg

Note this Luke character tweeter avatar is faceless. Just like him. How poeple hide behind these, tweeter accounts and spout this sort of vile rubbish is shameful. 

He'd be the first one moaning if this had happened to him or a child of his. 

I suspect he's a child himself. If not he certainly doesn't  deserve to have any with that cowardly attitude. 

Hope your daughter is feeling better. Doesn't help with the  reaction from Luke she has the potential to read. 

People really need to stop and think before posting.   One of the draw backs of the Internet; it's accessible to all. Neanderthal's included.  

The topic of smoke flares crops up on a regular basis on the forum, with some in favour and some against their use. My opinion is that whilst  they add to the atmosphere at a match, anyone buying and using them has little regard to the safety or health implications.  It's been mentioned numerous time on that forum that these types of flares are designed to be used in open spaces, and if used in a confined space such as a football stand, can adversely affect anyone with a breathing problem such as asthma. Yet there  is still an element who are happy to ignore this. As for safety, how many of the people who buy these flares know what the safety implications are? I can guarantee that the idiot who used the flare on Saturday doesn't .  The picture of the flare used, shown in this thread, clearly identifies the make and on the manufacturers website it clearly says:

"This smoke product is not designed to be hand held; if you decide to hold on to it for too long it will shoot a column of red smoke up your sleeve and out the neck of your shirt."

http://www.enolagaye.com/product/red-burst-smoke-grenade/

The Premier League and Football League have also issued numerous statements about the dangers - e.g.

“Flares are used for marine distress and are designed not to be extinguished easily or quickly,” said the Premier League. “They contain chemicals and burn at temperatures of 1600C, the melting point of steel. Smoke bombs are mainly used recreationally in paintballing and war games, but these also burn at high temperatures and are designed to be used in wide open spaces.

"They are dangerous for those with asthma or breathing difficulties and can cause panic in a tightly packed crowd. They are not designed for use in confined spaces and it is illegal to enter a football stadium with one and set it off.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10490064/Campaign-starts-to-warn-of-dangers-of-fans-using-flares-and-smoke-bombs-in-grounds.html

2 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Shouldn't have a day out ruined like that. Hope she is better, and I hope that was nothing more than a silly moment of madness from that supporter

How can it be a moment of madness though? Must have gone out of his way to find a flare, buy it and take it to the ground. I'd say that's a premeditated act. Can't say that there was intent to hit someone but with half a second's thought should have realised it was possible.

Archived