IGNORED

Whoever brought the smoke @ Charlton

Lordofthebling

On 2/7/2016 at 20:11, cider-manc said:

No its not. Football hooligans in the 80s and early 90s are. What trouble occurs nowadays is playground stuff in comparison. 

Objects are thrown in large crowds by idiots at all sorts of events. I've been at a concert before where a thrown object hit a friend on the head and they had to have stiches as a result. But I dont see people attending gigs being frog marched in, searched on entry and being treated like criminals without doing anything. Likewise I've seen flares set off in bigger crowds at the likes of Glastonbury every time I've been (which are usually thrown after use) and I have never heard of anyone getting arrested or being banned for it.

I really do hope that the little girl is OK and I really hope that this doesn't put her off watching city again. I also think the person who threw it is an idiot who shouldn't of- but don't try and tell me that people swearing, standing rather than sitting and the odd idiot throwing something is the reason the authorities treat football fans like shit.

I may be wrong!   But I always thought that Glastonbury's concerts were in the open air.

29 minutes ago, Kodjia 22 said:

So because Dave Storr says that a person who enters a stadium with smoke bombs will be banned, that means I can't have an opinion that they add to the atmosphere?

I'm surprised you seem to still be arguing the legitimacy of something that you know are banned.

Irrespective of whether you think they add atmosphere or not they are banned. As in not allowed.

And you talk about responsibility of disposing of it. How about the responsibility of not bringing it in the first place?

8 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I'm surprised you seem to still be arguing the legitimacy of something that you know are banned.

Irrespective of whether you think they add atmosphere or not they are banned. As in not allowed.

And you talk about responsibility of disposing of it. How about the responsibility of not bringing it in the first place?

Yes I know they are banned and shouldn't get into grounds, but they do, and that isn't my fault. Yes, I feel they add to the atmosphere when they are let off, only if a reason mind you  e.g. a goal, but it doesn't mean that I think the people who use them aren't irresponsible. Because if you choose to risk taking them in and letting them off then you are wholly responsible for what happens after you've let one off.

On 06/02/2016 at 22:28, Donkeeebles said:

I've tried to insert a pic of the smoke canister that hit my daughter today and the cut on her head but not great on here so dunno if it's showing up. 

From the videos I've seen this was let of towards the back of the stand, we were sat 5 rows from the front celebrating our goal so it was thrown quite a distance. It hit her clean on the top of her head leaving a small cut, she was completely shaken up and in tears. I tweeted this after not because I want someone to get in trouble of even find out who did it, I really don't care. I tweeted it in the hope that they might see it and realise what a completely ****ish thing they did.

Ive received a majority of msgs back from people condemning this, I've tried to thank them all individually, I really appreciated there concern. I also received a few not so nice tweets. One guy saw fit to blame me for tweeting instead of making sure my daughter was ok (as if as a father I wouldn't have done that first) he then felt the need to belittle the incident because it wasn't that serious, claim it was an accident. Well sorry but whilst I'm sure the intention wasn't to hurt anyone throwing a missile like that isn't an accident, this thing was solid and had it hit someone in the eye it would have done some real damage. 

From the Twitter response some people have clearly found this funny, some think I've been over dramatic, that's fine, I can say with certainty that anyone out there with a sense of decency will understand my upset at this incident. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I saw that on twitter, was the same chap who said he was no longer supporting city as LJ was appointed. Some people really do need to get a grip. Hope she's ok. 

I got hit by a half drunken cup of coffee when we scored the winner against Hartlepool in the playoffs that year. Apart from being wet I found it pretty funny. Mainly because I knew how passionate that guy must have been to throw away his overpriced cuppa. 

Throwing a smoke cannister is not funny full stop. Just dangerous and so avoidable when it's a band item. Hope her heads on the mend!

30 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

"- Smoke from pyros could stop you from seeing your team score"

Made me laugh. If they're gonna come up with reasons leave out stupid ones like this. Nearly all of the time in English football they're let off AFTER a goal. :facepalm:

Archived