IGNORED

Blackburn to meltdown.

Ashtonwurzel

Blackburn may well be a strong candidate for relegation. Their continued involvement in the FA Cup means that they still have 18 games left to play - 10 of which are at home where they've only won three times this season. Their home record this season is only better than one other team - Charlton ... on goal difference. They've Fulham at home on Tuesday and will perhaps have one eye on Sunday's tie with West Ham? I think that I'll be hoping for a Fulham win.

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Aye, that is a bloody good bet; if they lose to Fulham tonight, which they probably will 1-0, then Lambert will be sacked tomorrow, so those odds will tumble.

Can they afford to sack another boss? It's not long since they were under an embargo so I would guess paying Lambert off could push them over the edge again.

On 14/02/2016 at 19:09, Aizoon said:

I never had the slightest doubt that we'd stay up. Teams that drop points because of goals in the 7th minute of added time are not relegation fodder. It's the ones that get consistently stuffed that take the drop.

Much like Leicester last year though the results were not going to plan the performances were generally good. In most instances of that it turns around.

Most teams at the bottom will get a better points per game average from now on as the stark realisation arrives that relegation is coming and for players that means either a 50% drop in wages or being out of work.

The worst case scenario is that the bottom three continue at their season to date points/game which would mean that the number needed to stay up would be around 40.

However being realistic at least one of them will do better than that so we will probably need around 46 to 48 to be safe.

On 15 February 2016 at 17:49, Rudolf Hucker said:

Blackburn may well be a strong candidate for relegation. Their continued involvement in the FA Cup means that they still have 18 games left to play - 10 of which are at home where they've only won three times this season. Their home record this season is only better than one other team - Charlton ... on goal difference. They've Fulham at home on Tuesday and will perhaps have one eye on Sunday's tie with West Ham? I think that I'll be hoping for a Fulham win.

I thought the chicken wipes would win but not by 3. Fulham look in a far worse state with a gaffer who's command of English is poor.

On 15 February 2016 at 06:43, Tauntonian said:

just put £5 on blackburn to go down at 25/1, good odds that.

good luck... Would be delighted for them to go down but think they will just scrape it.

11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Aye, that is a bloody good bet; if they lose to Fulham tonight, which they probably will 1-0, then Lambert will be sacked tomorrow, so those odds will tumble.

Even before last night I would much rather Lambert in charge than Jelavacic or whatever his name is at Fulham.

The Cottagers are in an even bigger mess than B'burn and remember they have that embargo. If one of the bottom 3 pulls out my money would be on them to fall through the trap door.

I'll have a go Iron:-

a bunch of players brought into the club by a series of different managers who have come and gone in very quick fashion.

The manager changes are destabilising enough but add in different playing styles and philosophies not to mention the mis fit characters and a transfer ban and you have a disaster just waiting to happen. 

Oh and the current boss speaks poor English. 

7 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Can someone please explain to me how Fulham are so shite, McCormack and Dembele up front, Tom Cairney in midfield, Richard Stearman at the back. All players who can arguably play in the premier league.. Bizzare. Plus they have a manager who on his CV has a promotion to his name..

I'd say this: Fulham have got better players than us, while we've got a better team than Fulham. 

Archived