IGNORED

Blackburn to meltdown.

Ashtonwurzel

They got a good point yesterday (but against a team we did the double over !) but can't help but feel that a "Rhodesless" Blackburn are nailed on for relegation. Charlton and Rotherham as the other 2 for me.

I predict a 18th place finish for us.

18) Bristol City

19) Fulham

20) MK Dons

21) Bolton

22) Blackburn

23) Charlton

24) Rotherham 

Whether or not we did the double over them is fairly irrelevant. One was courtesy of a fantastic defensive and goalkeeping away performance, early in the season when we were still full of belief and the other immediately after a manager being sacked so the squad had renewed optimism and change of tactics.

'Boro are arguably still the pace-setters in the league just one point off the top with a game in hand. A point up there is fantastic for any side, let alone one down the bottom.

Nailed on seems a bit harsh. They're dropping points but they're not having an absolute horror show just yet. They're performing well in the cup and although that means nothing re: survival, it gives them momentum. Sooner expect to see Bolton in the bottom 3 personally.

3 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Whether or not we did the double over them is fairly irrelevant. One was courtesy of a fantastic defensive and goalkeeping away performance, early in the season when we were still full of belief and the other immediately after a manager being sacked so the squad had renewed optimism and change of tactics.

'Boro are arguably still the pace-setters in the league just one point off the top with a game in hand. A point up there is fantastic for any side, let alone one down the bottom.

Nailed on seems a bit harsh. They're dropping points but they're not having an absolute horror show just yet. They're performing well in the cup and although that means nothing re: survival, it gives them momentum. Sooner expect to see Bolton in the bottom 3 personally.

Surely the ultimate 1 man team though and he has gone.

1 minute ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Surely the ultimate 1 man team though and he has gone.

Despite him only scoring twice for them since October and one of those was a penalty.

Including a 3-0 win, a 2-1 win and a 2-0 win against ourselves.

I'm not trying to be a d*ck here or blow Blackburn's trumpet. It just completely untrue that they are relying on him in any way.

If we're really going to do this...

With Rhodes (he's played more than 12 - don't know where you've got that from):
P25 W6 D11 L8

All of those are starts I'd like to add. And in those 25 games, his goals personally have won them 5 points. (A win and 3 draws he's scored the final Blackburn goal in). Remove those 5 points, they're still out of the dropzone.

They've only had 3 games without him all season, drawing 2 away from home at opposition higher up the table than them and losing once.

Sorry, still yet to be convinced they're doomed without him. Don't think we can write them off yet.

EDIT: Oh and he's also only scored 8 in the league this season, less than Kodjia.

EDIT: Apologies, same as Kodjia.

4 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Blatant lie considering he scored 10 in 25.

8 in 25 the league, 10 overall. No idea where he has 12 games from. Clearly just plucked a number out of the air to bolster his argument.

My mistake, he does have 10. Site I checked out hasn't been updated in a while. Now who looks like the idiot :facepalm:

Just now, Ben4BCFC said:

8 in 25 the league, 10 overall. No idea where he has 12 games from. Clearly just plucked a number out of the air to bolster his argument.

Na, is 10 in 25 in the league. I took off his goal in the FA cup against Newport and first appearance for Boro. 11 in 27 overall.

43 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

They got a good point yesterday (but against a team we did the double over !) but can't help but feel that a "Rhodesless" Blackburn are nailed on for relegation. Charlton and Rotherham as the other 2 for me.

I predict a 18th place finish for us.

18) Bristol City

19) Fulham

20) MK Dons

21) Bolton

22) Blackburn

23) Charlton

24) Rotherham 

I hope you're right. Got 40/1 on them to go down, just before Rhodes left. 

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

That's what I'd say - Bolton, Charlton and Rotherham to be relegated.

Assuming they do not got into admin, I have a feeling Bolton have enough to get out, and it might be Charlton, Rotherham and MK. Any three that does not include us however will be ok!

Blackburn are 6 points off the relegation zone with two games in hand on the team in 22nd, plus have home games against us, Huddersfield, Fulham and MK Dons left to go.

Sure; Rhodes scored a good portion of their goals, but they've replaced him with Watt, who was getting excellent write-ups at Cardiff, if not the goals to match, and as others have said, they have strengthened pretty well this window elsewhere too with Ward, Bennett, Graham, Gomez and Jackson all decent additions.

Don't think they are in any true danger; much more risk to Fulham and Huddersfield, even with the latter being above Blackburn currently (though only by a point, and they've played two more games).

If we can extract ourselves, and even presuming Bolton do not get a points deduction, then I think form, resources and current postions suggest that it is most likely to be Rotherham, MK Dons and Bolton.  

It is worth noting that Fulham's form is absolutely dire; I wonder if the fact their squad seem to have had zero reaction to the change in manager, and the best of their players already know they have suitors higher up if the worst happens, added to them being unable to truly strengthen this window might make them 'dark horses' for the drop.

Will be an interesting run in, that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Assuming they do not got into admin, I have a feeling Bolton have enough to get out, and it might be Charlton, Rotherham and MK. Any three that does not include us however will be ok!

Bolton's recent form is a bit better than ours, so I also think they may be ok without a points deduction.

It's going to very tight, unless we go on an amazing run, or a losing sequence!

14 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I think Bolton have some good players in Pratley, Davies (when fit) etc.  They've had a few better results and appear to be up for a fight.

Feb 22nd will have a big bearing.....administration and a 12 point deduction will knock the stuffing out if them.  But it wouldn't surprise me if they avoid it.

As I sit here today I think I'd go Charlton, Rotherham and MK Dons. In a fortnight I will probably have a different three!  Wouldn't be putting any money on this.

6 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Bolton's recent form is a bit better than ours, so I also think they may be ok without a points deduction.

It's going to very tight, unless we go on an amazing run, or a losing sequence!

Agree; stated they may very well go down, but if you compare their decent form to Fulham's currently eye-wateringly bad set of results, I'm not convicted the Cottagers have the same sort of fight in their team to avoid getting caught up in the relegation mess.

Bolton are playing like a team possessed, while Fulham (particularly their defence) look distracted and disorganised when I've see them, so if not rule out a highly unlikely shift in circumstances.

Archived