IGNORED

Why Must we all be happy?

frenchred

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

I think most of us were somewhere in the middle with this one. 

Sure you can be unhappy. You do put your points accross as to why you were unhappy, which can be responded to, debate starts, views are expressed etc etc.

I think what some of us were gobsmacked by however was the amount of tantrums seen, that if it was a few years ago my children would have had to go to the naughty step for.

:laugh: Respect!

On point 1, when making the statement of the quality of managers interested there really were 2 other options:

1) No statement instead - resulting in 'nothing coming from the club'

2) If high quality managers hadn't applied, leading to a statement of 'we haven't managed to attract anyone of quality' - resulting in anger from fans complaining again. 

If high quality managers had applied for the City job/were interested City have then failed to sell the club to these managers or unwilling to meet managers demands, think someone posted somewhere that Peason wanted £1.25m per year as manager, double what our highest earning players would earn, and the standard he works, likely would want us forking out for players on higher wages than we can afford.

Take your pick, be angry and rant, or accept things and hope that they work out. Whichever option you choose, nothing will change so why get stressed. People power might work, but I'd rather the manager is chosen by those running the club, who have the full information, rather than a handful of blinkered fans.

Just now, Chappers said:

Take your pick, be angry and rant, or accept things and hope that they work out. Whichever option you choose, nothing will change so why get stressed. People power might work, but I'd rather the manager is chosen by those running the club, who have the full information, rather than a handful of blinkered fans.

Not angry in the slightest just disillusioned to be honest, I will still follow home and away but don't have to agree. Oh and I believe the decision has been made by one blinkered man "leading" our club back where we came from.

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Not angry in the slightest just disillusioned to be honest, I will still follow home and away but don't have to agree. Oh and I believe the decision has been made by one blinkered man "leading" our club back where we came from.

He may be blinkered, in your opinion, but....

A - He has all the facts about potential candidates, unlike you

B - Just express reservations, give the guy a chance

The cheap option depends on what other candidates would have wanted, I suspect Nigel Pearson's requested salary rumoured when interviewed by Reading £1,200,000 per annum plus bringing in his backroom staff was very much more expensive than the compensation, salary and zero backroom staff Lee Johnson brings.

We have a history of keeping staff in place when getting rid of the manager, I am thinking of Millen and Pembo. Not saying that's a bad thing but most managers usually have a backroom follow them about.

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

If we are paying his £500,000 severance package to Barnsley to pay up his 3.5yr contract I doubt he's that cheap of a cheap option.

Exactly this. He might prove to be the right appointment, it might prove to be wrong, but anyone claiming it's just a "cheap option" is quite frankly moronic. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly this. He might prove to be the right appointment, it might prove to be wrong, but anyone claiming it's just a "cheap option" is quite frankly moronic. 

Moronic! I don't think so. The severance package plus his wages and none of his own back room staff against a proven manager with his own staff = cheap option. Not moronic at all just common sense really

Just now, redsquirrel said:

its mr ashton i have my biggest doubts about. if hes as good as he keeps saying,why isnt he still with who he was so successful for?

I could be wrong but was it not Mr Ashton who implemented the signings of the summer of 2014?

When we got everyone in nice & early & subsequently gained promotion from actually being well organised in our player recruitment?

I could be totally wrong but I'm sure I read that somewhere.

In which case it would go along with his statement of him liking to get his business done nice & early.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

I could be wrong but was it not Mr Ashton who implemented the signings of the summer of 2014?

When we got everyone in nice & early & subsequently gained promotion from actually being well organised in our player recruitment?

In which case it would go along with his statement of him liking to get his business done nice & early.

That's what Ashton would like you to believe and force feed you!

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But it wasn't something from him that I heard it from.

Like I said, I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

He was involved when McInnes was here, nothing to do with the signings last season.

From the press release when he was announced; 

"He was heavily involved in establishing the talent identification and recruitment system which was the foundation of player recruitment in spring / early summer 2014. 

In addition, Ashton led the project that enabled the club to secure Category 2 status for the Academy while moving it to its present home at SGS College, Filton."

So considering we slung Del back in early 2013 if memory serves me right, it wouldn't have been his tenure Ashton was here for, rather he would have played a role in likig the signings we made early in the summer before the title winning campaign.

Sure plenty will dismiss this, but no reason to disbelieve it myself.

21 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Moronic! I don't think so. The severance package plus his wages and none of his own back room staff against a proven manager with his own staff = cheap option. Not moronic at all just common sense really

But it is, if he was just the "cheap option" then it would have been an out of work manager, not one doing fairly well in a job and needed poaching. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But it is, if he was just the "cheap option" then it would have been an out of work manager, not one doing fairly well in a job and needed poaching. 

And if said out of work manager wanted a significantly higher salary and like most managers likely to bring in his own backroom staff then that would have cost more.

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

As the title says I for one am not happy with Little Lee's appointment for the following reasons:

1: Ashton can do one with his boardroom bullshit and corporate speak, absolute bullshit from the start to finish. You should see who has applied! Bristol City is the attraction! We will put processes in place! What absolute bollocks!

2: I'm in charge, no you aint! You are a Landsdown puppet the same as Little Lee. He will just be the latest whipping boy in this clubs Landsdown reign.

3: Best man for the job? Yeah right! Little Lee is the cheap option highlighting a lack of vision, forward planning and any ambition.

If you take Little Lee's appointment on face value its OK at the very best and he deserves our support, however Ashton and the rest of Landsdown's puppets on our so say board do not, just a lot of nodding donkeys afraid to upset their corporate days out (no doubt funded by the puppet aster himself). Time for a whole new broom throughout the club including Landsdown.

Key the happy ones, we cant get by without him? You sure? we never had one before and we aint no higher now, other clubs get by! Do you want a foreign owner? Most other clubs do and they are fine that's why the only ones highlighted are the bad guys! Fans liaison officer? Lets have a proper one please, not another mouthpiece of the club!

I was there yesterday, and lets be frank, Charlton were woeful! As they were at the gate, performances  like that against greater opposition will not yield too many points, as I fear will the latest cheap option appointment of Lee Johnson

Agree with your points to be fair,are you going to step up and lead a campaign or just post on a forum,I will always go down and support the lads on the pitch,call me a mug but it's in my blood 

Anyone who wants to see 'a whole new broom throughout the club including Landsdown' (whoever that is!) had best perhaps be prepared to put their money where their mouth is - around £30 million at the last count! 'Toys', 'pram' and 'throw from' continue to spring to mind each time I read yet another of these crazy postings. Still, all good fun though.

2 minutes ago, bend it like brian said:

Mr Ashton seems a right smug git

I've got to be honest, I know very little of the guy or of his playing history but he seems to have a confidence in his own ability & from the results he's shown so far, I have nothing to complain about, about the guy & I have high hopes for the summer & next season, especially if we are still in this division.

And let's be honest, if he can't do better in the transfer market this summer than we did last summer, then there really we really do have a problem, so I've got to think there's improvements coming down the line.

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

You are wrong. Ashton had nothing to with the transfer activity in Summer 2014.

19 minutes ago, BabylonSisters said:

You are wrong. Ashton had nothing to with the transfer activity in Summer 2014.

3 hours ago, samo II said:

From the press release when he was announced; 

"He was heavily involved in establishing the talent identification and recruitment system which was the foundation of player recruitment in spring / early summer 2014. 

In addition, Ashton led the project that enabled the club to secure Category 2 status for the Academy while moving it to its present home at SGS College, Filton."

So considering we slung Del back in early 2013 if memory serves me right, it wouldn't have been his tenure Ashton was here for, rather he would have played a role in likig the signings we made early in the summer before the title winning campaign.

Sure plenty will dismiss this, but no reason to disbelieve it myself.

Oh okay, so that press release is wrong then?

fans moan that the board do not communicate with them

board appoints someone to communicate with fans

'fans' dismiss what said appointed persons says as 'boardroom bullshit' 'corporate speak' and 'LANDSDOWNS puppet'

Should we have appointed another yokle to do the job?  Would that have pleased you more?!?

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Oh okay, so that press release is wrong then?

it only says he had something to do with putting the system in place, not the actual go getting of the players. however,tipps does have a point about signings/ results since his arrival so i suppose i ought to give him a chance too looking at it that way.

"He was heavily involved in establishing the talent identification and recruitment system which was the foundation of player recruitment in spring / early summer 2014.  ''

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I've got to be honest, I know very little of the guy or of his playing history but he seems to have a confidence in his own ability & from the results he's shown so far, I have nothing to complain about, about the guy & I have high hopes for the summer & next season, especially if we are still in this division.

And let's be honest, if he can't do better in the transfer market this summer than we did last summer, then there really we really do have a problem, so I've got to think there's improvements coming down the line.

Arhhhhhh but you are forgetting about the return of the ...

fünf säulen

Archived