IGNORED

Why Must we all be happy?

frenchred

14 hours ago, Fiale said:

If we are paying his £500,000 severance package to Barnsley to pay up his 3.5yr contract I doubt he's that cheap of a cheap option.

Which on top of every other consideration makes Lee's appointment all the more surprising.I think its more the thing that he will be pliable-and that other more 'profile' candidates with track records and confidence would want more control.well,Lee is here now and I'm sure,in the main will get our support.I wish him all the best.he's gonna need it with so many fingers in the pie..

11 hours ago, samo II said:

3 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

it only says he had something to do with putting the system in place, not the actual go getting of the players.

"He was heavily involved in establishing the talent identification and recruitment system which was the foundation of player recruitment in spring / early summer 2014.  ''

That's my understanding.

Although MA was involved in originally establishing the system during Del's tenure - so credit to him for that - he wasn't around the club to be involved in the successful recruitment process in 2014, and wouldn't have had any say in the particular players signed during that period.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's my understanding.

Although MA was involved in originally establishing the system during Del's tenure - so credit to him for that - he wasn't around the club to be involved in the successful recruitment process in 2014, and wouldn't have had any say in the particular players signed during that period.

The inference is that this process was put in place by him, was used in 2014 but for whatever reason was ripped up in 2015 and we had a wholly unsuccessful recruitment period because of that. I am not making any assumptions as to who changed it or why, but that's the way I read it.

16 hours ago, frenchred said:

2: I'm in charge, no you aint! You are a Landsdown puppet the same as Little Lee. He will just be the latest whipping boy in this clubs Landsdown reign.

If I was SL, the last thing I'd want would be "puppets".  This is, let's not forget, a man who has - with his business partner - built a multi-billion pound business from scratch.  I doubt he did that by appointing puppets.  Good leaders need to be - and should encourage - debate and challenge.  "Yes" (wo)men are not the basis for success.  A shared vision that is constantly reviewed and refined is that basis.  Oh, and some real cojones and sound business sense.

Archived