IGNORED

Loan window is open

Ashtonwurzel

I got the impression from LJ on the radio last night that Smith may well happen - talked about how it's difficult to say much when you're talking about someone else's player...

Almost like he was saying there is something there but I can't talk about it. 

Plus as others have said Nixon normally reliable. 

However has anyone considered whether Smith could be a double agent? Fulham paying him a fortune to 'accidentally' miss sitters!

15 minutes ago, LECW said:

why would Fulham let smith go to a relegation rival?

They might be writing us out of the relegation picture and seeing it as strengthening is so as to make us stronger against the other teams at the bottom. 

If Smith scores hat tricks against Bolton, Rotherham, Blackburn & MK Dons then they'd be happy. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

They might be writing us out of the relegation picture and seeing it as strengthening is so as to make us stronger against the other teams at the bottom. 

If Smith scores hat tricks against Bolton, Rotherham, Blackburn & MK Dons then they'd be happy. 

So would I........

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I got the impression from LJ on the radio last night that Smith may well happen - talked about how it's difficult to say much when you're talking about someone else's player...

Almost like he was saying there is something there but I can't talk about it. 

Plus as others have said Nixon normally reliable. 

However has anyone considered whether Smith could be a double agent? Fulham paying him a fortune to 'accidentally' miss sitters!

:shocking:

3 minutes ago, Claude said:

Still don't understand the obsession with Matt Smith, has one good game while he was with us. Apart from that we was lazy and didn't bring much agility to the team. Need a goal scorer not a target man! 

Need a goal scorer? I guess 13 goals in 17 starts doesn't count...

People are blinkered about strikers.  Our biggest issue is our creative department,  They've not created enough for others or carried any threat themselves.  We've had a 3 man midfield all season and they've scored one, deflected, goal between them whatever combination of players has played.  That's miserable.

13 minutes ago, Claude said:

Still don't understand the obsession with Matt Smith, has one good game while he was with us. Apart from that we was lazy and didn't bring much agility to the team. Need a goal scorer not a target man! 

Drugs.

7 minutes ago, Claude said:

But on the basis that there doesn't appear to be many "goal scorers" available right now & everyone else seems to be after one too, maybe a target man who could help create chances & take the pressure off of what we already have may help us to score more goals?

Just out of interest, what "goal scorer" d'you suggest is out there that would be willing to join a relegation threatened club?

18 minutes ago, Claude said:

I think that is more than a little harsh, BUT I do see your point. Last year he turned out to be exactly what we needed however, the Championsip is a world apart from League 1 and Matt Smith has hardly pulled up trees at Fulham!

I do agree with many above, why would Fulham even consider loaning him to us as he just might ( unlikely) indirectly help to relegate them, it would be too much of a risk.

I think we need a "finisher" who may not contribute much other than be in the right place at the right time and covert the majority of chances that came his way. Huge ask I know!

1 hour ago, Claude said:

What obsession with Matt Smith?

(Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah.)

Archived