IGNORED

Loan window is open

Ashtonwurzel

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

What obsession with Matt Smith?

(Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah.)

1 hour ago, Know the Score said:

Got to be looking at a big lad up top. It would be a new point of attack and a great outlet. We need a lad that can get into the box (from open play) and battle for that aerial ball! Matt Smith would be a safe bet. I'd imagine we'd only acquire him on a loan deal if we can agree a permanent deal for the summer.

Also a 93 day emergency loan maximum. Knowing this would we not wait to the very last day of the loan window to make sure said person is with us during the run in?  

Unless I have miscalculated the season ends on May 7 against QPR which is a mere 88 days away. Therefore no need to wait.

1 hour ago, hortonred said:

Create for JK? He cannot score the chances he currently gets what is the logic of giving him more to miss.

But JK wouldn't have to do his own donkey work to create those chances, that would be shared out to Tomlin & Smith.

If JK doesn't have to work his ass off for 90 minutes to try & create his own chances, he may have some energy left in the tank to put someone else's donkey work into the back of the net.

Maybe?

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Unless I have miscalculated the season ends on May 7 against QPR which is a mere 88 days away. Therefore no need to wait.

Correct, Gladwin (if fit) would not be available for the last game anyway as it is against his team, but anyone else signed now could play until May 7.

8 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

What obsession with Matt Smith?

(Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah.)

We will still need someone to supply plenty of crosses for him.

No idea if we are close to signing anyone but Mrs Fevs was at the training ground today (with Joe) and was chatting to Keith Burt over lunch...so he is around and real!  Mrs Fevs knows nothing about football, but was impressed with the healthy food options in the canteen.  She is now officially ITK, and rubbing my nose in it!

I did ask her if there was any sign of a 6ft 6in bloke who looks a bit like Matt Damon (Matt Smith).  She said yes, but they called him Flint :facepalm:.  Joe confirmed no sighting of MS.

27 minutes ago, hortonred said:

New manager but are hopeless pursuit of a striker who can convert chances created continues.Surely we should have someone in by now.

True enough. Just looking at Saturday, 11 matches in our league, 22 teams, scoring 17 goals between them.

The problem is there are another twenty teams in our league looking for that proven goal scorer!

On 2/9/2016 at 13:30, Taxi for Rennie said:

Are you still registered to play?

If you've worked on your lack of pace; propensity for collecting yellow cards, and finishing, we could find a place for a guy like you in our squad.

Come and see me at the Gate.

Kind regards,

Lee

Cheers Lee, I'll be down in the morning with me boots. 

If you dont play me, I'll punch you like I did Dziekanowski.

Archived