IGNORED

Loan window is open

Ashtonwurzel

2 hours ago, LECW said:

why would Fulham let smith go to a relegation rival?

If I was a betting man, having not sold McCormack or Dembele in the window, if they want to come out of a transfer embargo then they may need to loan out some of their players to shed costs. If they can negotiate a fee for the loan too perhaps that's what they need to do.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

What obsession with Matt Smith?

(Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah. Matt Smith is the messiah.)

I though he was pretty good as Dr who, looks pretty ropey in the new film about zombies coming out... :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Claude said:

Still don't understand the obsession with Matt Smith, has one good game while he was with us. Apart from that we was lazy and didn't bring much agility to the team. Need a goal scorer not a target man! 

Id take 1 good game if he gets the same amount of goals and keeps us up .

1 minute ago, Robbie_Turner said:

Got some tools on here as well Major - check out Claudes post just below your initial post.... :clapping:

Are you still registered to play?

If you've worked on your lack of pace; propensity for collecting yellow cards, and finishing, we could find a place for a guy like you in our squad.

Come and see me at the Gate.

Kind regards,

Lee

Love how salty fans get about Matt Smith :whistle:

14 appearances 1 goal this season at Championship level in a talented Fulham team!

If he comes here and bangs in 13 goals in 17 games then great but it looks unlikely. I personally couldn't stand his style of play, each to their own opinion and that :shifty:

3 minutes ago, Josh93 said:

Think he's one of the best options of those that could actually be available on loan

got 5 goals in 12 games at the end of last season for Fulham, so he can score in the championship when high on confidence and getting game time

If we could get him in with an option to buy that would be a massive plus for me. Potential for 6 or 7 goals himself plus the probable help and chance creation for JK.

2 hours ago, Claude said:

Still don't understand the obsession with Matt Smith, has one good game while he was with us. Apart from that we was lazy and didn't bring much agility to the team. Need a goal scorer not a target man! 

If you can suggest a guaranteed regular goalscorer who has been scoring for fun this season at Championship level equivalent or above and whose club you know  to be willing to let him out on loan then please, please, please get on the phone to the club.  But otherwise we may have to take what we can get.  Is Matt Smith the messiah?  No.  Is he a decent physical striker who will trouble opposition defences and potentially score or create a few goals?  Yes.  For me he's as good a realistic option as I've heard.

9 minutes ago, keflav said:

Think Matt Smith would do a job for us and Help Create for JK....

Also think we should try for Kyle Lafferty, needs to play game and would walk into our team.....

Problem is 5 loans in our squad.  Baker, Pearce, Tomlin and an out-and-out striker such as Smith would be four.  Then there's one left who can be in the team or bench and we already have Gladwin.  If his injuries were to lead to the loan being curtailed than maybe Lafferty would be an option but otherwise I reckon one loan is all we're getting and there's no other loan player I'd want out the squad.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

If you can suggest a guaranteed regular goalscorer who has been scoring for fun this season at Championship level equivalent or above and whose club you know  to be willing to let him out on loan then please, please, please get on the phone to the club.  But otherwise we may have to take what we can get.  Is Matt Smith the messiah?  No.  Is he a decent physical striker who will trouble opposition defences and potentially score or create a few goals?  Yes.  For me he's as good a realistic option as I've heard.

Shut up with your posting of sense and reason.

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Problem is 5 loans in our squad.  Baker, Pearce, Tomlin and an out-and-out striker such as Smith would be four.  Then there's one left who can be in the team or bench and we already have Gladwin.  If his injuries were to lead to the loan being curtailed than maybe Lafferty would be an option but otherwise I reckon one loan is all we're getting and there's no other loan player I'd want out the squad.

Fair point @LondonBristolianwas not considering the 5 loans problem :facepalm:.... so looks one striker in it is then...... 

Yeah not sure on the numbers, (possibly what a few others have just stated) but you can only have 5 in the match squad. You are allowed more loans than that though, it's just unusual in the respect that you don't usually loan a player and then not play them.....

Look at Swindon last year.

12 minutes ago, Taz said:

Yeah not sure on the numbers, (possibly what a few others have just stated) but you can only have 5 in the match squad. You are allowed more loans than that though, it's just unusual in the respect that you don't usually loan a player and then not play them.....

Look at Swindon last year.

Callum Robinson for us.

to clear it up

52    Temporary Loan Transfers

52.1    The temporary loan transfer of the registration of a Contract Player (and, in the case of Youth Loans only, a Scholar as permitted by Regulation 53.3.5) shall only be approved for a defined period (which must begin and end within the period of the Player's registration with the Parent Club (as defined in Regulation 53.1.1)) and is subject to the conditions of such temporary loan transfer being known to the Player and approved by The League prior to registration with The League.  Temporary loan transfers shall only be accepted on the prescribed form a copy of which shall also be supplied to The Football Association.  The provisions of Regulation 45 shall not apply to such transfers. 

52.2    There shall be four categories of temporary loan transfers allowed - Standard Loans, International Loans, Emergency Loans and Youth Loans. The following restrictions shall apply to each type of loan: 

52.2.1    A maximum of 5 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or Youth) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League.  This figure shall include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by The League under the provisions of Regulation 54. 

52.2.2    Subject to Regulation 53.2.5, no Club may sign more than 4 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or Youth) from another Club (or club) in any Season. An additional Youth Loan Player may be added to this figure. 

52.3    Standard, International, Emergency and Youth Loans to non-Member Clubs will be subject to the rules and regulations of the respective leagues / national associations. 

52.4    Clubs shall be permitted to charge or pay a Loan Fee.  The provisions of Regulation 49 shall apply in respect of the method of payment (and all associated matters relating thereto) of any Loan Fee save as follows: 

52.4.1    The first sentence of Regulation 49.2.1 shall apply unless otherwise agreed between the two Clubs; 

52.4.2    Regulation 49.2.2 shall not apply; 

52.4.3    any such Loan Fee shall be payable on or before the date agreed between the parties, the latest of which must be 30th June immediately following the conclusion of the Season in which the temporary loan transfer commenced; and 

52.4.4    payment of any levy in accordance with the provisions of with Regulations 49.2.8, 49.2.9 and/or 49.2.11 shall only become payable where a temporary loan transfer is subsequently made permanent. In such circumstances the appropriate levy payable shall be 5% of the aggregate amount of any Loan Fee and/or subsequent Transfer Fee or Compensation Fee payable in respect of the same Player. 

52.5    During the period of any temporary loan transfer, a Player shall not play against his Parent Club (as defined in Regulation 53.1.1 below) without the prior written permission of the Parent Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate temporary loan transfer form). 

Note:  Clubs have agreed to changes to these provisions for Season 2016/17 onwards.  Copies are available from The Football League on request.
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#VHx73X1rTA3d0sXx.99

1 hour ago, Claude said:

Love how salty fans get about Matt Smith :whistle:

14 appearances 1 goal this season at Championship level in a talented Fulham team!

If he comes here and bangs in 13 goals in 17 games then great but it looks unlikely. I personally couldn't stand his style of play, each to their own opinion and that :shifty:

Actually, he's played 16 times this season although 12 of those appearances were coming on as sub. On average, he's played 28 minutes per game and although 1 goal is not a great return, his career stats of 48 in 181 games would suggest he has something about him, especially as 19 of those goals came in the championship.  

Not sure what your point is about Fulham being a "talented" team.....they are 1 point and 1 place above us and clearly struggling themselves.

Got to be looking at a big lad up top. It would be a new point of attack and a great outlet. We need a lad that can get into the box (from open play) and battle for that aerial ball! Matt Smith would be a safe bet. I'd imagine we'd only acquire him on a loan deal if we can agree a permanent deal for the summer.

Also a 93 day emergency loan maximum. Knowing this would we not wait to the very last day of the loan window to make sure said person is with us during the run in?  

2 hours ago, keflav said:

Think Matt Smith would do a job for us and Help Create for JK....

Also think we should try for Kyle Lafferty, needs to play game and would walk into our team.....

Create for JK? He cannot score the chances he currently gets what is the logic of giving him more to miss.

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

Its going up by the day.

It was 33k yesterday.

My mistake, I thought TM said £40k but Norwich wanted us to pay £28k. Obviously dreamt it!

Either way if we wouldn't give Clough/Gayle the £5k extra they wanted I can't see us sanctioning wages in that ballpark for a loanee. 

Archived