IGNORED

Sing song on the train back from Charlton

BigAl&Toby

46 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

NThing is though shelts, even people standing at games seems to offend you. Where's the boundary in your opinion?

I don't really get why people start talking about boundaries as though there's some complex grey area at stake. There isn't. We're not talking about people at matches but on trains. So we can take football out of it. Many people on the train would not have been going to football. It's a basically simple question of how it is and isn't okay to behave in public on a train. And signing loud songs about controversial subjects probably comes under "not okay ways to behave on a train."

On 09/02/2016 at 21:04, BS4 on Tour... said:

I was once thrown out of 'Le Chateau' on Park Street (now The Ram) on a Friday night for 'laughing too loudly' - I kid you not! No swearing, nothing inappropriate, just laughing! 

I still can't believe it...

You were probably with our infamous JD who was fighting his shadow, missing by a mile and punching everyone else in the joint!

23 hours ago, robbs4 said:

I was one of the people singing, and i wont apologise for it, if we offended you can i just ask why didnt you say anything? 

I hate the way football is going, its boring to be honest, and that is down to people like you.. Who moan and complain about everything.

Please feel free in future away games to talk to me if you have a problem. 

Must be better that writing it anonymously on here.

Now go and sing it to your mother then, and see whether she likes it.

Or was it her that taught you it?

23 hours ago, robbs4 said:

I was one of the people singing, and i wont apologise for it, if we offended you can i just ask why didnt you say anything? 

I hate the way football is going, its boring to be honest, and that is down to people like you.. Who moan and complain about everything.

I live in hope that you continue to find football boring, so boring that you see the light and pack in going to matches. Football would be such a better place without your sort.

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

I envy the people that live their life in such a sweet comforting bubble. Get a grip, it's words, nothing but vibrations coming out of your voice box.

Do you really believe that? Singing about Jihadi John and asking if anyone can hear ticking simply because a Muslim woman gets on the train?

Nothing to do with living in a sweet comfortable bubble.

Common decency and knowing how to behave in public. That's what it boils down to. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Society has lost its moral compass as far as I'm afraid. Anti social behaviour is deplorable. Football has changed along with society and mirrors it.  At times I'm embarrassed to be associated with Bristol City due to some of its Neanderthal supporters. Will only get worse I suppose. God bless the real decent fans. 

"Society has lost its moral compass."

The most inaccurate statement I've read on this forum.

Show me a period in history where society had a handle on its moral compass more so than today?

I assure you things haven't been better than today. Not perfect, never will be, but it was always worse.

On 2/11/2016 at 21:11, robbs4 said:

So, if anybody would have been brave enough to  walk up to you and your mates whilst in full swing, and ask you to stop singing those disgusting  "songs", you would have all said sorry and stopped?

Yeah ok!

On 11/02/2016 at 21:11, robbs4 said:

The irony of that final sentence......

3 hours ago, Griffin said:

I envy the people that live their life in such a sweet comforting bubble. Get a grip, it's words, nothing but vibrations coming out of your voice box.

I'll be honest.  I don't believe a single word you've posted here.  Because it's absolute nonsense and I'm sure you know it.

For a start, everything written on this post is "just words and not even vibrations coming out of a voice box but signs and scribbles on a page on an internet.  Yet you've felt the need to comment and to tell people to "get a grip".  Why?  Because the person starting the thread and the people responding clearly aren't "just words" to you.  You clearly care enough about the words written to comment so it's hypocritical nonsense to claim we're talking about "just words".

Secondly people singing loud drunken songs on a train is not "just words".  It's also actions, it's tone and mannerisms.  It's a load of sound and visuals that, if you're a young child or even an adult that's been bulled or intimidated isn't "just words". It's memories.  Memories of scary things in people's past or memories that'll intimidate or frighten or silence that child in the future because the world they live in today is slightly less safer than the one they lived in yesterday. There will be children who see their parents intimidated by these drunken noisy people singing horrible songs in the train and see their parents too intimidated to step in and some of those children will be affected by that.  Because it isn't "just words".

Lastly, anyone claiming that "just words" have never hurt them is either an idiot or a liar.  If you're saying that if your partner told you they were leaving then that would be "just words" or if you're parents told you that you were adopted that would be "just words" or if someone finding your weakest point and insulting it was "just words" then I'd say you were lying. Words can hurt as much as actions can.  As a thought exercise, imagine if the people you cared about most in the world told you you were an utter **** and they hated your guts and never wanted to see you again. And they meant it.  Tell me that's "just words" and I'll accept you are honest (if an emotionless robot).  Admit that any of these things would hurt and you'll realise how idiotic and trivial your "just words" really sounds. 

15 hours ago, 054123 said:

"Society has lost its moral compass."

The most inaccurate statement I've read on this forum.

Show me a period in history where society had a handle on its moral compass more so than today?

I assure you things haven't been better than today. Not perfect, never will be, but it was always worse.

Mmmmm:grr:

Archived