IGNORED

Starting to be impressed

Tipps69

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I disagree with you there 169, Ipswich are there for the taking imo, they haven't been in great form as of late and have a bit of an injury crisis imo they are there for the taking

Players should be full of confidence based on the form since Cotts left. The bonus of having a brand new man at the helm is that everyone is now playing for a place - clean slate syndrome, if you will...

24 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

he's got to be hoping for at least 6 Home wins.               

Win 6 out of 8 home games at least? Would love for that to happen and as mentioned above the target should (and will be) to win each game one at a time but talk about aiming high.

23 minutes ago, cynic said:

6 home wins from 8 is totally unrealistic.

And 50 points ? There's no way that it will take that amount to stay up.

Could be as low as 40 but more likely 45/46.

stats for the last 7 years mate.  Points needed for survival .Pretty consistent the last 4 years 48 or 49, that's why I said 50 needed.

2014  - 2015             46

2013 – 2014             44

2012 – 2013             48

2011  - 2012             48

2010 – 2011             48

2009 – 2010             49

Tell me where you think the points are going to come from please if not helped by our Home advantage with the marvellous support fans have given. I really do want us to stay in the Championship. There's got to be a notional plan?

we should beat mk dons bolton and rotherham that's 9 points which will put us on 37,

I fancy us tomorrow, at blackburn and huddlesfield thats another 9 puts us on 46, we need 4 draws then, Cardiff (because its a derby game) Wednesday because we always draw with them at the gate brentford and QPR, thats the final 4 points

Some more for you.

2008-09 – Down: Norwich 46. Surviving: 51.

2007-08 – Down: Leicester 52. Surviving: 53.

2006-07 – Down: Southend 42. Surviving: 49.

2005-06 – Down: Crewe 42. Surviving: 50.

2004-05 – Down: Gillingham 50. Surviving: 50.

2003-04 – Down: Walsall 51. Surviving: 51.

2002-03 – Down: Sheffield Wed 46. Surviving: 50

Interesting stat in 2007-2008 Leicester down with 52. They say anythings possible in football?

Lee has to find a way to grind out the Home wins, like Pembo and Wadey did away at Charlton.

36 minutes ago, cynic said:

6 home wins from 8 is totally unrealistic.

And 50 points ? There's no way that it will take that amount to stay up.

Could be as low as 40 but more likely 45/46.

Have a look at some more stats above. I want City to stay up but anyone who thinks we can do it without 6 home wins is being unrealistic.

59 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The way that LJ will impress me is when/if he starts winning and playing attractive football, it's very simple.

He and us fans know that football is all about winning but to me winning in an attract way is just as important.

Next season certainly, I'd trade one for the other for the next few months though.

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Whether you like it or not. This is a results business...

At this moment in time, winning the fans is all great and that but actions speaks louder on the pitch.

Goes without saying, it is refreshing though to have a manager who seems more approachable and interactive with fans - this 3 lions thing, appearing on the twentyman show next Monday and the fact he's on Twitter. 

It's not a bad thing at all.

23 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Have a look at some more stats above. I want City to stay up but anyone who thinks we can do it without 6 home wins is being unrealistic.

We've barely won 6 games all season and aren't even in the bottom 3 now.

Was impressed with his appointment due to it being a long term appointment and not a short term. He is forward thinking and someone who does everything possible to better himself which is great! The more I hear from him and the more we see of him, the more impressive he becomes and I have every faith he will turn people's opinions. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The way that LJ will impress me is when/if he starts winning and playing attractive football, it's very simple.

He and us fans know that football is all about winning but to me winning in an attract way is just as important.

Attractive can wait until we're mathematically safe, if it comes before and brings wins with it, happy days

We need points, don't care how they come about

47 minutes ago, roe said:

We've barely won 6 games all season and aren't even in the bottom 3 now.

After 30 games we've won 6 and drawn 10 which gives us the 28 points.

If we continue at the same rate we will win another 3 and draw 5 or 6 which gives us another 14 or 15 points for a total of 42 or 43. Which hasn't been enough for survival for at least the past 15 odd years. So something will have to change.

If improve enough to win 6 games at home we will be around the 50 point mark and hoped for survival. Not difficult to work out is it?

5 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

If we continue at the same rate we will win another 3 and draw 5 or 6 which gives us another 14 or 15 points for a total of 42 or 43. Which hasn't been enough for survival for at least the past 15 odd years. So something will have to change.

If improve enough to win 6 games at home we will be around the 50 point mark and hoped for survival. Not difficult to work out is it?

apply the same logic to Bolton, Rotherham and Charlton then and we will survive 

5 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

18 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

You spoke about being realistic then mentioned that you think we'd need to win at least 6 home games. We could well do that but I wouldn't think it was very realistic and don't see why we won't be able to win some away games as well/instead.

I've not looked into this in any detail but I'd wager that the teams towards the bottom nearly always improve their form in the second half of the season. It's rare that you get any that are miles off the standard for the league and the teams who are in mid-table start to give up as they have less and less to play for. Look at our last relegation season and we actually produced top 6 form in the period between McInnes leaving and Jon Stead getting injured.

Archived