IGNORED

I expect us to beat Ipswich - is this reasonable?

reddogkev

Just wondered your thoughts.

I am very serious, when I say that I anticipate a city win tomorrow, irrespective of the league positions.

We all know about the upturn in our recent form - but even looking at our two squads as they now stand on paper, I feel we have the better of the two groups of players.

Does any of this make me crazy?

And I've not even mentioned the impact of our new gaffer!

11 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I don't think we can expect anything with it being the first game with a new manager, anything could happen.

With Pemberton having done so well and still at the club, I would hope that changes to formation and personnel are kept to a minimum. Johnson strikes me as clever enough not to undo the good work of the last few games.

I'm very confident about tomorrow . 2-0 , Tomlin to score first goal . First time since about September I've felt brave enough to have a bet on the outcome . 

It's  the MK game a week on I'm concerned about . At the moment thinking 0-0 might be a good bet and good result . 

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

With Pemberton having done so well and still at the club, I would hope that changes to formation and personnel are kept to a minimum. Johnson strikes me as clever enough not to undo the good work of the last few games.

I would like to think the same, but it is City, and I've learnt to not expect anything (the hard way unfortunately)

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No your not crazy your an optimistic City fan like most of us.

Two things in our favour - the "honeymoon" effect that a new manager has and the fact that Ipswich are racked by injuries. 

City have a great chance of 3 points tomorrow.

Your should be "you're"

You crazy cat, you.

To be honest we're a very average side right now and the wins we have picked up this season have for the most part been fortunate.

We will be without a number of key players for the trip over tomorrow including many midfield casualties and as for the forward line, on paper they could be one of the best in the league but simply don't perform as regularly as they should.     We have relied on late goals in recent weeks to see us get a result or avoid defeat and if your attackers can really get at us from the start and put our defence under pressure you'll have a very good chance of getting points for your relegation (no offence) battle.   (Or to pull up away from the lower reaches of the league if you like)

I don't know who your new manager is with some embarrassment but it's a pity you couldn't take McCarthy off our hands instead.  :shifty:

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Just wondered your thoughts.

I am very serious, when I say that I anticipate a city win tomorrow, irrespective of the league positions.

We all know about the upturn in our recent form - but even looking at our two squads as they now stand on paper, I feel we have the better of the two groups of players.

Does any of this make me crazy?

And I've not even mentioned the impact of our new gaffer!

Not a chance.

I've learned not to "expect" anything when it comes to this football club... I'll never forget making arrangements for a trip to Cardiff in the LDV Vans trophy final when all we had to do was beat a truly terrible Cambridge side at home! An offside goal and a game of a lifetime goalkeeping performance from Llionel Perez later and we'd lost! On the flip side, remember Southampton away on New Years eve? Ending their year long unbeaten home run! :D

We have a great chance of winning today. U REDS!!

• Admin
7 hours ago, Shtanley said:

He's got 9. More than all the non strikers combined from our team. More than most of the strikers in the division. 

The problem is when he scored those nine though, he shouldn't be living off that all season, he really should have scored many more by now 

My concern, he's a young guy who is not used to playing so many competitive matches and is being run into the floor 

I expect a good preformancelike most of  the matches this season. There have only a couple of matches this season when we have played badly, a combination of poor finishing , poor refs and  a slice of bad luck as been are undoing.

The effort and comittment by the players has always been there, hopfully that won't change.

The team is not a basket case, the foundations are there, Pembo and Wade made a couple of small changes and got results , I fully expect us to continue in this vain.

Over to LJ .

11 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I don't know who your new manager is with some embarrassment but it's a pity you couldn't take McCarthy off our hands instead.  :shifty:

dont be embarrassed,i doubt if a lot of our fans would know either if he hadnt played for us as the managers son. always gave 100% in his playing days so i expect a good effort will arise as a coach.

as for mccarthy,ive always respected the bloke,may not be a world beater but is rock steady in what he does, cant be that bad,he knew to take skuse when he had the chance and obviously saw something in gerkin we didnt, plus he did us the biggest favour ever letting jet come this way  for was it anderson?

11 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

To be honest we're a very average side right now and the wins we have picked up this season have for the most part been fortunate.

We will be without a number of key players for the trip over tomorrow including many midfield casualties and as for the forward line, on paper they could be one of the best in the league but simply don't perform as regularly as they should.     We have relied on late goals in recent weeks to see us get a result or avoid defeat and if your attackers can really get at us from the start and put our defence under pressure you'll have a very good chance of getting points for your relegation (no offence) battle.   (Or to pull up away from the lower reaches of the league if you like)

Where do you think your lot will finish this season?  Looking at the way your results are going, I'd say you'll suffer a bit of a slump and end up about 10th.

Any guess for the score today?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

The problem is when he scored those nine though, he shouldn't be living off that all season, he really should have scored many more by now 

My concern, he's a young guy who is not used to playing so many competitive matches and is being run into the floor 

It's amazing how much energy and liveliness can be found from seemingly nowhere with just one goal after a long run without scoring.

Any "fatigue" with JK is between his ears and a goal - any goal - is the remedy for this. That's how I see it, anyhow

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We beat them the last time we played them at home....

And that same season we drew with them away too, meaning it's two draws and a win for us in the last three.

More pertinently; they've not won away from home since the end of December, so I hope the team take the game to them today.

Archived