IGNORED

Tomlin

Sniper

Thought he deserved his own thread as well :D

Class act and makes everything seem so easy. Uses the outside of the boot well too.

Not sure if we have any chance of getting him in permanently:fingerscrossed: but well chuffed he's here until the end of the season.

We would need to drastically improve our squad to get the real benefit of Tomlin. He was a real class act, but two steps ahead of everyone else. Great performance from the whole team, but he showed the level we need to be aspiring to. If JK could read him he could've scored a few today.

22 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

We would need to drastically improve our squad to get the real benefit of Tomlin. He was a real class act, but two steps ahead of everyone else. Great performance from the whole team, but he showed the level we need to be aspiring to. If JK could read him he could've scored a few today.

Thought the consensus on here was JK constantly offside was because he is so far ahead of everyone else in his thinking. Are we now saying he isn't good enough to read Lee Tomlin? Is that the new excuse for why he is still regularly caught offside then.

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Thought the consensus on here was JK constantly offside was because he is so far ahead of everyone else in his thinking. Are we now saying he isn't good enough to read Lee Tomlin? Is that the new excuse for why he is still regularly caught offside then.

How many times was he offside today?

35 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

My feelings too. He's used to playing with PL quality players. Our anticipation is not quite of the standard he is used to.

But what a lift he gives to the team. His hold up play is superb and his presence must be one of the things that has given us improved confidence all round.

And he may look like a 70s pub landlord, but I think he's fully fit. I personally would have given him an extra 10 minutes or so as Wilbs simply didn't offer the same presence. Agard for Kodj was fair enough though. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

My feelings too. He's used to playing with PL quality players. Our anticipation is not quite of the standard he is used to.

But what a lift he gives to the team. His hold up play is superb and his presence must be one of the things that has given us improved confidence all round.

And he may look like a 70s pub landlord, but I think he's fully fit. I personally would have given him an extra 10 minutes or so as Wilbs simply didn't offer the same presence. Agard for Kodj was fair enough though. 

Is he? he hardly got a sniff i the prem, he is used to playing with League 1 and championship quality players in 1st team action surely.  He can't have forgotton how to play with lower league footballer in a handful of months surely?

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Surely it's possible to cut down on that amount of body fat?

He's a great talent.. but how many great talents are fat blokes waiting to happen... so many.

Reckon he could easily lose at least half a stone of fat and be even better...thinking Athlete and not as a normal bloke.

Easier said than done with some genetics though....

10 minutes ago, TRL said:

Is he? he hardly got a sniff i the prem, he is used to playing with League 1 and championship quality players in 1st team action surely.  He can't have forgotton how to play with lower league footballer in a handful of months surely?

It's more the quality of the players than the position if you want to be pedantic,  although I imagine he trained with his PL team-mates. It's more a criticism of our squad than him. He is literally a class above.

19 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

His anticipation, by the way, is fantastic. Before he gets the ball he's looking at a touch to get himself away.

also, so what if he is 'bigger'. He can still play. Losing 'half a stone' won't change the way he plays and he still puts a shift in. 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's more the quality of the players than the position if you want to be pedantic,  although I imagine he trained with his PL team-mates. It's more a criticism of our squad than him. He is literally a class above.

Al least someone on here can spot real talent, what is it with some on here? The bloke is a class act, it is no coincidence that he has ignited our season.

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Surely it's possible to cut down on that amount of body fat?

He's a great talent.. but how many great talents are fat blokes waiting to happen... so many.

Reckon he could easily lose at least half a stone of fat and be even better...thinking Athlete and not as a normal bloke.

Easier said than done with some genetics though....

Maybe with regular games he will. 

My match companion said he looks like a Sunday league player, The sort who pops out for a fag at half-time !

Fortunately he doesn't play like one. He showed he can sprint when required and his stocky build is one of the reasons he can't be muscled off a ball.

Maybe with regular games he will. 

My match companion said he looks like a Sunday league player, The sort who pops out for a fag at half-time !

Fortunately he doesn't play like one. He showed he can sprint when required and his stocky build is one of the reasons he can't be muscled off a ball.

Agreed :-) Was just thinking how much better he'd be if he was able to lose it.

Hope he keeps the weight...we buy him...then he gets on the beach body fitness regime over the summer ;-)

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Not being pedantic, It seemed you were saying his was awareness and all round game was way ahead of his team mates, well yes it probably is, but 6 months ago he was playing at the same standard and 2 or 3 years ago at league 1 so surely he can adapt his style accordingly...That makes a good player.  

I have seen a few loans down here in my time, all too good for our squad and making runs his teammates do not see.  Almost all fail to live up to the hype,not due to being not interested, but failing to adapt to lower quality football.  I am hoping Mr Tomlin coming from a lower league background can adapt and put himself in not so great positions, but positions in which his team mates will be putting the ball. 

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Agreed :-) Was just thinking how much better he'd be if he was able to lose it.

Hope he keeps the weight...we buy him...then he gets on the beach body fitness regime over the summer ;-)

Always been similar throughout his career Spud - and at times worse

Class act tho and there's better to come I promise

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

Not being pedantic, It seemed you were saying his was awareness and all round game was way ahead of his team mates, well yes it probably is, but 6 months ago he was playing at the same standard and 2 or 3 years ago at league 1 so surely he can adapt his style accordingly...That makes a good player.  

I have seen a few loans down here in my time, all too good for our squad and making runs his teammates do not see.  Almost all fail to live up to the hype,not due to being not interested, but failing to adapt to lower quality football.  I am hoping Mr Tomlin coming from a lower league background can adapt and put himself in not so great positions, but positions in which his team mates will be putting the ball. 

I rather hope his team mates will adapt and put themselves in the positions he can lay the ball on for them. It would have been interesting to see how Tomlin and Agard would have interacted today.

And let's hope LJ can coach Freeman to make runs before the ball is struck not 2 seconds afterwards.

I rather hope his team mates will adapt and put themselves in the positions he can lay the ball on for them. It would have been interesting to see how Tomlin and Agard would have interacted today.

And let's hope LJ can coach Freeman to make runs before the ball is struck not 2 seconds afterwards.

We can all hope he can pull others up to his level, if he can it would be a massive bonus.  Not sure they will have enough time to get to the standard but I keep my fingers firmly cosssed

2 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

I dont think many of our fans realise what a good player at this level Tomlin is. When hes fit give him the ball he'll run the show. From an attacking point of view this lad is crucial to our survival hopes.

Not doubting he's a good player but haven't seen it with is yet. Clearly not fit.

51 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Always been similar throughout his career Spud - and at times worse

Class act tho and there's better to come I promise

Agreed...never doubted his ability mate...great player at this level...glad we've got him.

He's obviously not a natural 'Athlete' and his genetics hint that he could easily pile on the pounds when his career is over.

So many skilful players through the ages have been like this though...too many to mention.

Reminds me a little of Noble.  Very good in that "in behind" role, good feet in tight spots and great vision and helps the ball stick in dangerous areas.  He's not yet fully fit and he was a bit over elaborate but his thinking was very sharp as was his technical ability.  Keen to see more.

Archived