IGNORED

Nigel Reo Coker

Shuffle

I suspect this is paper talk.  To be honest, I've no idea how good Reo-Coker is nowadays but the reality is that the squad is short of one central midfielder and, given the number of loans we can include in the match squad and the fact we need a striker too, a free agent until the end of the season is the most logical way of getting one.

I don't expect it to happen but, if it does, I'll trust the club on it and see how he does. 

5 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Not sure where he is fitness wise etc at the moment , but awful player he was not.

I have highlighted the most important word in your post and nor was Stern John once and nor was I once.

I'm sorry but I sincerely hope not and fully suspect 'if true' and if SC was still the manager there would be an outcry on here.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He was mentioned in passing on the giant transfer thread a few weeks back. A few of our U.S. based reds commented about how poorly he had been performing out there.

There are way better players from the MLS we could get, it's surprising how few teams actually bring over players from the states. Certainly some that would do well here.

The only advantage might be the fact that he's a free agent, so not a loan and no fee. I can't imagine he's really match fit to play at Championship level, so he would just be a player to use as a sub. I can't see this happening as he's past his best and probably no better than the other midfield players we have who drift in and out of the team - e g Reid and Bryan

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

?  Care to elaborate?

Forum rule -any player possibly joining us must be/have been awful ( or worse).

Same rule applied to managerial appointment ( see Steve Coterie and Lee Johnson) although when referring to managerial appointments the awful comment is qualified by the addition of "there are better options out there".

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Same rule applied to managerial appointment ( see Steve Coterie and Lee Johnson) although when referring to managerial appointments the awful comment is qualified by the addition of "there are better options out there".

^^^this

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I elaborated tool

42 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

non forum rule...
i can write what i like...thanks

However, it becomes a forum rule when a poster, writing what they like, finishes the comment with 'fact' ( even when it isn't/especially when it isn't)

Another less well know forum rule is that when a poster criticises another's grammatical error or spelling mistake, they then dig a hole by including their own grammatical error or spelling mistake in the response.

Archived