IGNORED

Nigel Reo Coker

Shuffle

17 minutes ago, I am the mole said:

Forum rule 3 Monkeys on unicycles always give way to honey badgers jamming on drums!

You might be mixing it up with the rule relating to hedgehogs.

The monkeys on unicycle rule is, in fact, subsection b of forum rule 7,relating to forum rights of way.

Rule 7, subsection (a)  says that all forum users give way to Aizoon - just because.

subsection (b) relates to honey badgers having right of way over monkeys, but only if the monkey is on a unicycle and the honey badger is jamming on drums. Otherwise if the monkey is on foot then he has right of way, whatever instrument the honey badger is playing.

subsection (c) says that hedgehogs have right of way over all other non humans and also gives them the right to force their owners to post "have the scored yet" at the start of every game. ( The second part of this rule is currently under review however, because all too often the question could be quickly answered in the affirmative.

All these rules have been verified by the R&A (ridiculous & anarchic)

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

I elaborated tool

Not really necessary to abuse people?

Anyway, Nigel Reo Coker made around 200 appearances in the premier league and also has good championship experience with West Ham and Ipswich. He captained the Hammers to a play off final too. So he's obviously not an awful player.

Also the subject of a great terrace chant to the tune of 'Let's all do the conga'

"Do do do, Nigel Reo Coker....'!

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not really necessary to abuse people?

Anyway, Nigel Reo Coker made around 200 appearances in the premier league and also has good championship experience with West Ham and Ipswich. He captained the Hammers to a play off final too. So he's obviously not an awful player.

Also the subject of a great terrace chant to the tune of 'Let's all do the conga'

"Do do do, Nigel Reo Coker....'!

He is now. That was all ages ago.  

I love the reaction of some on here.  It's as if we didn't sign Wade Elliott or Aaron Wilbraham.  Reo-Coker was a very good player.  Captained West Ham as a very young player coming really close to winning the FA Cup if it wasn't for Steven Gerrard producing an amazing goal.  He is 31. Wilbraham is 36.  Elliott was 34 when he joined us.  

People have said we didn't replace Wade Elliott - he's exactly the kind of player who could have the same impact at Championship level if he's well managed. Can't see much for us to lose by signing him on a short term basis.

A couple of points. He went to the MLS why? Surely a good enough player to stay in England. I suspect not at the level he would like to play.

I saw him play for Vancouver Whitecaps, he was OK, decent player at the level,however he couldn't hold down a first team place. Then traded a further two times.  Now released by the Montreal Impact. That says to me he has good parts to his game.  I think he is a leader in the pitch, but 3 managers have passed on him. 

He poses far too many questions rather  than answers, as to why his career has nosed dived in a league which is vastly inferior to the Championship. 

Let him try and resurrect his career in England, just not at Bristol City. 

I will go on record and say I don't think we will be kicking ourselves if we don't land his signature. 

Stevo 

8 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

If he's had three clubs in the US then he isn't gonna be great. 

NRC is a Coppell type signing. Thank goodness those days are gone. 

3 clubs in the MLS is misleading. He was used in a trade to get a particular player after doing well for his first club, then Chivas went bust (not his fault) and he ended up in Montreal for a season where he did well again. Moving clubs in the States in not the same as here, unless you have a "no-trade" clause in your contract (Beckham did) then you can end anywhere from week to week.

Looks like AshtonWurzel beat me to it, but with the American drafting system, being at 3 clubs in 3 years doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't done well, it could in fact mean the total opposite. As someone else already pointed out, Reo Coker captained a team to the CONCACAF Champions League final, not something a crap player would do. I wouldn't object to City signing him as a free agent until the end of the season providing the wages aren't extortionate as he would at the very least provide extra midfield cover, or even right back if needs be, and at best he would improve the team.

1 hour ago, City169 said:

Looks like AshtonWurzel beat me to it, but with the American drafting system, being at 3 clubs in 3 years doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't done well, it could in fact mean the total opposite. As someone else already pointed out, Reo Coker captained a team to the CONCACAF Champions League final, not something a crap player would do. I wouldn't object to City signing him as a free agent until the end of the season providing the wages aren't extortionate as he would at the very least provide extra midfield cover, or even right back if needs be, and at best he would improve the team.

Seems low risk, but has to be better than the cover we already have, light as that is. Have to assume he has been watched, or given a trial, or could just be another Jody Morris. Nice name, but no longer helping us out in any meaningful way.

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

So going on that press release (which was August 2014) he was on about £312,210 which over a year is just over £6000 a week. So he either took a hell of a drop in wages or that's wrong....

If he's fit, LJ thinks he could do a job, and he's looking to come home it could be a goer. Wouldn't be a bad signing until the summer with a year or so extension if he plays so many games.

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

So going on that press release (which was August 2014) he was on about £312,210 which over a year is just over £6000 a week. So he either took a hell of a drop in wages or that's wrong....

If he's fit, LJ thinks he could do a job, and he's looking to come home it could be a goer. Wouldn't be a bad signing until the summer with a year or so extension if he plays so many games.

MLS wages apart from the very elite are low compared to Europe.

30 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

MLS wages apart from the very elite are low compared to Europe.

Oh ok fair enough, must admit to not really taking an interest in "soccer". They refuse to call it football so I refuse to watch it :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

Oh ok fair enough, must admit to not really taking an interest in "soccer". They refuse to call it football so I refuse to watch it :thumbsup:

I was lucky enough to watch Beckham play for the Galaxy in Boston a few years back.

Most of the players are League 1/lower Championship level with some ageing superstars mixed in.

Archived