IGNORED

LJ Training

Bs4Red

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

We need to get cat 1 status for the academy and get some satellites/coaches into the area, ideally making this our patch and kicking those trespassers from Southampton back home.    Glos, Swindon, Torquay, Penzance, Barnstaple, Weston, Glos - that triangle would supply enough players to get a good few into our team and train and sale others onto other clubs..... hopefully that's the clubs ultimate aim.

Think we need to get further afield than that fella...get into the likes of South Wales...Birmingham over towards London etc.

Would be nice to get things set up abroad as well...worlds our oyster...gotta think big and not just local imho.

I know BT had a very encouraging meeting last week with LJ regards too all things Academy related.

There going to have a regular meet which is good.

Youngsters & their parents need to see there is a pathway from Academy to first team for us to get the best in the region and also keep our own starlets.

Despite SC’s short term success he was crippling the club showing no interest in the Academy. Working in recruitment/scouting for an Academy I know plenty of members of staff at our own whose delighted to see the back of SC.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Think we need to get further afield than that fella...get into the likes of South Wales...Birmingham over towards London etc.

Would be nice to get things set up abroad as well...worlds our oyster...gotta think big and not just local imho.

I guess we first need to set up a working satellite somewhere and somehow incorporate it into a system that works, when we get one up and running we can identify areas and start using the template to open more. I have no idea how many players/gems we would have to uncover to cover the overheads of doing this, but I would have thought it could be almost self financing long term. 

Do you know if we even have one such site anywhere spudski ? 

24 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'd be interested to know what LJ has done differently in training - I've heard it mentioned by several players.

Perhaps this?

7 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Much prefer amateur training. Shuttle runs, hign knees. Followed by blasting the ball at the keeper for 30 mins with multiple balls so he has no chance. Then the pub

8 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Oh yes it would be lovely to have a female in charge at our football club. 

Me and @RedM did post our CV's in this time around, but we didn't get any response.  I think the love hearts drawn on our applications with "Moyesie" and "Flinty" in the middle may have had something to do with that though....

This backs up Ashton's " surprised " statement ! 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

I guess we first need to set up a working satellite somewhere and somehow incorporate it into a system that works, when we get one up and running we can identify areas and start using the template to open more. I have no idea how many players/gems we would have to uncover to cover the overheads of doing this, but I would have thought it could be almost self financing long term. 

Do you know if we even have one such site anywhere spudski ? 

I'm the wrong person to ask on that one fella...far better qualified people on here who can answer that precisely.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

15 minutes ago, tony32 said:

I'd be interested to know what LJ has done for youth development:yawn:Always looked good when I've seen him.

He can see eye to eye with the juniors?

19 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Much prefer amateur training. Shuttle runs, hign knees. Followed by blasting the ball at the keeper for 30 mins with multiple balls so he has no chance. Then the pub

Watching ice hockey last week for their warm up reminded me of warming up playing football before a youth game:

http://vid49.photobucket.com/albums/f290/cider11/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.5F4E4636-3F34-42B2-AA14-F9459FB95655.mp4

Archived