IGNORED

Season Ticket Survey by Email

Ian M

I'd get a ST if they were about £200. Haven't had one for a few years now when I used to go with my Dad but it'd probably be enough to make me think. At close to double that, although I could afford it I just don't see why I should. Should pick up a few tips from Germany.

4 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Just a thought, but if all ST holders say they are not going to renew, that may lead to reduced prices!

Ha, good idea. I answered 'unsure' to that question. That'll have 'em worried! They then asked why I am 'unsure', but in the multiple choice answers there was no option for "forty years of emotional torture, heartbreak and disillusionment", so I told them it was about cost. Hopefully my personal account manager will be in touch imminently with details of my discounted corporate package for next season :)

5 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Ha, good idea. I answered 'unsure' to that question. That'll have 'em worried! They then asked why I am 'unsure', but in the multiple choice answers there was no option for "forty years of emotional torture, heartbreak and disillusionment", so I told them it was about cost. Hopefully my personal account manager will be in touch imminently with details of my discounted corporate package for next season :)

More chance of some food vouchers I should think.

Any survey to existing ST holders that gets a response of 'cheaper tickets is the Answer' should be thrown away.

Only a pillock like me would vote for higher prices.

Cheap tickets does not guarantee a big enough uplift on takers to offset lost revenue from those who would pay more if they had to.

It's simple maths - a season ticket appeals if the cost is less than the cost for the average number of games someone POTD'S per season. If you don't want to go, price is irrelevant.

Put another way, who on here would buy a season ticket to basketball or rugby for £200? £150? £100?

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

I'd get a ST if they were about £200. Haven't had one for a few years now when I used to go with my Dad but it'd probably be enough to make me think. At close to double that, although I could afford it I just don't see why I should. Should pick up a few tips from Germany.

I paid £400 for mine in the Dolman which works out at roughly £17 per game which is pretty cheap really.

14 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Any survey to existing ST holders that gets a response of 'cheaper tickets is the Answer' should be thrown away.

Cheap tickets does not guarantee a big enough uplift on takers to offset lost revenue from those who would pay more if they had to.

It's simple maths - a season ticket appeals if the cost is less than the cost for the average number of games someone POTD'S per season. If you don't want to go, price is irrelevant.

Put another way, who on here would buy a season ticket to basketball or rugby for £200? £150? £100?

I tend to agree. Also people saying prices for existing season tickets should be lowered are naive. Any club would know that season ticket holders are the ones most likely to renew even with a price rise. It's like sky offering the best deals for new customers once your in your in. There may be the odd rebel who makes a stand but it won't be the norm. 

I'd expect a price freeze for all next season. 

I don't understand why ticket prices over here are so expensive. I'm pretty sure you can get a Bayern Munich season ticket cheaper than a Bristol City season ticket!

With all the extra TV revenue clubs are getting over here, surely they could all reduce prices in line with other leagues across Europe.

• Admin
20 minutes ago, WsM-Red said:

I don't understand why ticket prices over here are so expensive. I'm pretty sure you can get a Bayern Munich season ticket cheaper than a Bristol City season ticket!

With all the extra TV revenue clubs are getting over here, surely they could all reduce prices in line with other leagues across Europe.

That is a whole different can of worms !

16 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Reduce the prices and you sell more tickets. Sell more tickets and you:

1) sell more food and drink

2) sell more programmes

3) sell more merchandise

4) generate interest for further ticket purchases

It's a no brainer. Cheap tickets will bring the people in.

totally agree, it's not rocking science more people in equals more revenue from food sales etc. "Pack the gate" Come on then prove it show us how much you want a full house on match days? Bradford have done it so let's follow suit.

24 minutes ago, WsM-Red said:

If we get the Champions League, sponsorship, stadium capacity and television coverage Bayern get then it's probably a fair point.

At the moment, it isn't.

23 minutes ago, WsM-Red said:

It's a double edged sword - it's a lot easier to consistently spread your operating costs over 80,000 tickets than 8,000.

And when you take into account the additional revenues that top clubs earn in comparison to a club of our stature, it's a lot easier to pass some of that benefit back to the fans, should you wish. 

Our fans have always wanted it both ways though - the people saying 'what's an extra £10k a week for Andre Gray/Dwight Gayle/Zach Clough' will be the same ones saying 'I want cheaper tickets'...

34 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

totally agree, it's not rocking science more people in equals more revenue from food sales etc. "Pack the gate" Come on then prove it show us how much you want a full house on match days? Bradford have done it so let's follow suit.

I'm not familiar with this, must be some serious stuff.

16 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

There's a dedicated bus going from Whitchurch/Hartcliffe... I've never seen more than about five people on it!

I use it regularly now and it's been full both ways the last few games. Great value at £3 rtn which drops off and picks up outside the ground. 

2 hours ago, WsM-Red said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2143867/German-football-efficiency-The-Bundesliga-Martin-Samuel.html Doesn't explain everything but Germany is not as rosy as it may seem.

Back over here, there's a certain truth to ST prices but are they really that expensive when you put it in the context of what you're getting? And besides, there's a lot more to comparing us to Bradford than just price.

5 hours ago, Turbored said:

The survey aint about cheaper tickets , i think they are trying to suss out whether they can put the Atyeo ex-eastenders in the Dolman A/B block . Thats where i sit and i intend to renew and dont intend to move that was my answers to the survey.......

You're quite right it is not about cheap tickets, it is about who is moving where. If I have to move into the dolman from the atyeo, then I will not be renewing. It is not just me there is a few others who have said the same thing. The club loses.. That's if they care. 

18 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

There's a dedicated bus going from Whitchurch/Hartcliffe... I've never seen more than about five people on it!

Great if you live in Whitchurch/Hartcliffe. .I think there are more than that using it but it doesn't serve where I live. There is also one from Brislington so why not survey fans asking where they live and if they would use a bus service?

37 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

You're quite right it is not about cheap tickets, it is about who is moving where. If I have to move into the dolman from the atyeo, then I will not be renewing. It is not just me there is a few others who have said the same thing. The club loses.. That's if they care. 

Clear they DO care. Which is why they are paying 40 million improving facilities for all supporters.

39 minutes ago, marmite said:

Great if you live in Whitchurch/Hartcliffe. .I think there are more than that using it but it doesn't serve where I live. There is also one from Brislington so why not survey fans asking where they live and if they would use a bus service?

If they are using the season ticket database correctly they already have our postcodes so could easily work out the potential routes and more importantly the potential passenger numbers. 

(Hopefully they are using this information to submit to the Train Station consultation at the very least..!)

Surely then go out to tender to bus/coach operators and see who can offer us a service.

Then all the club need to do is come back to us and say "here's the bus routes, it's going to be affordable, quicker and cheaper than taking the car..who's in?"

They could even take it as far as "free" travel for season ticket holders and hide the cost in the ticket price but I'd doubt most would be prepared to pay extra. 

20 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Not quite so. I can't make every game due to work. This season, when they were on sale in the summer the price was just on the cusp to what would be worthwhile to me. Even £30 or so cheaper and I'd have had one. 

I don't mind if it about breaks even, so if it works out at £27-£29 a game I'll have it as it takes the hassle out of getting tickets.

Remember, the price per game isn't the total divided by all home games, 23, it's the total price divided by how many games you go to. 

A cheaper season ticket would attract a lot like me who can't make every game, then they're more likely to turn up at those 'shall I shan't I' games and spend more money.

Match ticket prices are much lower in Europe. I watched Hertha Berlin v Mainz at the Olympic Stadium three years ago for 15 Euros. Bayern Munich is around 20 Euros.

The cheapest ST at Porto and Benfica is around 130 Euros.

We are continually being shafted by Football clubs and retail / transport companies. As another example the pay on the day return fare leaving from Bristol TM or Parkway before 9.00 am is £198.00.

In Portugal the same journey would cost around 50 Euros.

Many in Europe envy our high salaries but by goodness don't we pay for them. 

53 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Clear they DO care. Which is why they are paying 40 million improving facilities for all supporters.

If they cared we would be back in our home end like they said they were going to do. But oh no the rank is "too steep". Now they want to shove us up into the dolman and move all the existing season ticket holders out of the way. Then they will probably tell us to sit down because the rank is too steep to stand. "didn't we mention this when you bought your season ticket?".

One of my current concerns is the massive price hike from under 22 season ticket (£115) to adult (£345).

Don't get me wrong the current deal is a steal, £10 a month is excellent, but trebling cost is a massive strain on a graduate salary (especially when I travel from London to home games). 

Just a personal issue of mine anyway.

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

One of my current concerns is the massive price hike from under 22 season ticket (£115) to adult (£345).

Don't get me wrong the current deal is a steal, £10 a month is excellent, but trebling cost is a massive strain on a graduate salary (especially when I travel from London to home games). 

Just a personal issue of mine anyway.

That's when I stopped.

Archived