IGNORED

Should more goals equal more points?

reddogkev

6 hours ago, BigTone said:

Not forgetting the old 2 points for a win system

I know it's a distant memory now Tone, but am I right that back in the day we also had goal averages, rather than goals difference?

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Iknow it's a distant memthty now Tone, but am I right tha t back in the day we also had goal averages, rather than goals difference`/

Got me on that one I must admit. We did have the Green Un that always arrived in Nailsea quicker than I did on the bus after the game. Does'nt really count does it.

On 18 February 2016 at 15:24, City169 said:

I like the playoff system used in another country (although I forget where) where the playoffs consist of teams from the lower division and 1 from the higher. This way the promoted side (if one does go up) has shown itself to be better than teams in the division above, and so should be capable of competing to stay in the division.

Scottish football often gets derided, but they've a decent system: bottom down, top up automatically. Then 4th plays 3rd > winner plays 2nd > winner plays second bottom from higher league > winner either promoted to or stays in the higher league. Clear advantage for finishing 1st vs. 2nd and for finishing 2nd vs. 3rd/4th. 

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 20:43, Red Right Hand said:

Apparently they stopped it because of the crowd trouble that followed teams getting relegated via the playoffs. From what I remember the Blades fans didn`t exactly take it like gentlemen when we sent them down and that was happening everywhere.

As we then failed to get promoted ourselves, it meant we had to play SUFC in the League the following season. They did the double over City and went straight back up, but was there crowd trouble at either game due to the resentment of the Blades' fans?

9 hours ago, 22A said:

As we then failed to get promoted ourselves, it meant we had to play SUFC in the League the following season. They did the double over City and went straight back up, but was there crowd trouble at either game due to the resentment of the Blades' fans?

Not directed at us after the play off game up there but I think it all went a bit crazy in the town afterwards with pubs smashed up and things like that and seem to remember trouble being a factor in why the system was changed - could be wrong though, a long time ago.

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not directed at us after the play off game up there but I think it all went a bit crazy in the town afterwards with pubs smashed up and things like that and seem to remember trouble being a factor in why the system was changed - could be wrong though, a long time ago.

I thought they were very fair all things considered . Joe Jordan was a giant . He bossed the game .

Archived