IGNORED

Zac Vyner

mattjtsmith

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

In what game was Louis careys debut? Cuz if it's the game I am thinking of, he got put at right wing back and understandably had a shocker. Not that it really matters cuz he ended up a pretty fine player!

I thought it was at Plymouth but I may be having a senior moment?

16 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

" He looked like an established Championship player. " acc to Lee Johnson on the City Wall.

Despite the mistakes, did he still look comfortable at times? Or is the manager giving praise despite looking a little shaky at times?

I have to find myself agreeing with LJ again!   Looked like he played 50 games for City, there is nothing stoppping the lad becoming a regular in the team.

He wasn't outstanding but he looked mature and comfortable, very impressed.

10 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

For an academy youngster to make their debut at an away ground, in this league, you can't get anywhere better than docile MK. That said, it was a crunch match and MK were in a little bit of form. A good start.

IT's great that we have Academy players able to walk into the first team at Championship level. I have no idea what the future of Reid and Burns are, but with them and Bryan, Vyner and young O'Leary are also deemed good enough... well when was the last time we had 5 City academy players in our team during a season ?  Things may be looking up.

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

IT's great that we have Academy players able to walk into the first team at Championship level. I have no idea what the future of Reid and Burns are, but with them and Bryan, Vyner and young O'Leary are also deemed good enough... well when was the last time we had 5 City academy players in our team during a season ?  Things may be looking up.

And Golbourne!

When I went to the Brislington / Keynsham game, Dowling (still very young) was the 'boy' everyone was talking about...before he even played the second half.  He played in a style way above his years.

Was very impressed with Lloyd Kelly, at left sided CB in the first half.  Looked an athlete.  Is he a CB or LB in a 4?

15 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

To be fair it was Pemberton/Elliott who started the reversal of this trend.

Was hardly a trend,just very childish behaviour from SC...any one of us,let alone a championship manager would have utilised the kids to fill the bench.. No genius in it,common sense.first step in and around first team match day so vital experience.

6 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Was hardly a trend,just very childish behaviour from SC...any one of us,let alone a championship manager would have utilised the kids to fill the bench.. No genius in it,common sense.first step in and around first team match day so vital experience.

As you say , common sense. They don't even need to get on the pitch but the general experience of training with the first team and spending time , especially away days considering the club tends to go away for a couple of days. 

5 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

This was pretty much the consensus at the match yesterday. Thing is, it's not just about the match day experience (important as that is). At times we had an empty seat on the bench, and no recognised defenders. As he showed yesterday, had he been needed, Zach could have come on and done a job if required. It really beggars belief that SC refused to give him that place. 

On 20 February 2016 at 17:16, Londoner said:

Probably the weakest link and dodgy at times, but considering his experience and being debut dos the job. Personally would prefer little back....Zac made a couple of mistakes which on another day could of lead to goals.

But part of a defence that didn't concede....well done and congrats to him. 

Called it.

Had an absolute nightmare tonight  maybe Cotts knew it all along ;) 

Archived