IGNORED

Zac Vyner

mattjtsmith

Probably the weakest link and dodgy at times, but considering his experience and being debut dos the job. Personally would prefer little back....Zac made a couple of mistakes which on another day could of lead to goals.

But part of a defence that didn't concede....well done and congrats to him. 

17 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Probably the weakest link and dodgy at times, but considering his experience and being debut dos the job. Personally would prefer little back....Zac made a couple of mistakes which on another day could of lead to goals.

" He looked like an established Championship player. " acc to Lee Johnson on the City Wall.

Despite the mistakes, did he still look comfortable at times? Or is the manager giving praise despite looking a little shaky at times?

Consider the fact that barely a month ago we played West Brom and Cotterill only named 6 subs - Vyner was not one of them.

Today Vyner has been trusted with a first team place, and by all accounts done quite well. Yet Cotterill preferred to have an empty seat on the bench. What must that have done for the confidence of Vyner and others like him? It really was appalling man-management. It's not hard to imagine the effect Cotterill must have been having on our young players.

Huge credit to Lee Johnson for reversing this trend.

2 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

" He looked like an established Championship player. " acc to Lee Johnson on the City Wall.

Despite the mistakes, did he still look comfortable at times? Or is the manager giving praise despite looking a little shaky at times?

No quibbles with LJs comment, I felt exactly the same first half, looked like he'd played the level all his life - few loose touches second half but on the whole a higher class of academy debut than we used to get about a decade or more ago.

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Consider the fact that barely a month ago we played West Brom and Cotterill only named 6 subs - Vyner was not one of them.

Today Vyner has been trusted with a first team place, and by all accounts done quite well. Yet Cotterill preferred to have an empty seat on the bench. What must that have done for the confidence of Vyner and others like him? It really was appalling man-management. It's not hard to imagine the effect Cotterill must have been having on our young players.

Huge credit to Lee Johnson for reversing this trend.

To be fair it was Pemberton/Elliott who started the reversal of this trend.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Made a couple of errors but entirely forgivable considering it was his debut. 

Be interesting to see if he keeps his place for Tuesday against better quality opposition.

Good to see a youngster starting for the first team.

From LJs comments it sounds like Little will play if fit, but still great experience for the lad and can only do his confidence good. 

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Weren't you the Little-critic last week....you got an issue with whoever plays right back.....he he :P:P:P

Did well, considering the importance of the game. Look quite comfortable on the ball, but, as has been said, a few errors and got done for pace s couple of times by the left winger. Fortunately his end product was woeful. 

I thought Freeman suffered from a lack of service a bit, as the link up play from Vyner needs s bit of work IMO

1st half he was fine apart from one dodgy backpass. 2nd half it became clear he was not used to this level and was skinned a few times. 

Still, promising for the future and would really benefit from some games out on loan I think. Real issue being that we don't have enough players to do it currently.

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Real issue being that we don't have enough players to do it currently.

Probably wrong thread go latch onto but I have been annoyed we haven't gone out and got a striker but today like Charlton away as well, we bring on Agard and Wilbs and it's like having a first choice striker pairing out there, they're all over the defence. Maybe just maybe we were alright as we are.

Another word for Wilbs, old club and by a fluke I saw him when I went into and out of the main stand before and after the game and a total class act, took photos with everyone and chatted to City fans both before and after, and seemed to charm several MK Dons fans after too. Carries himself like one of those casual done-it-all-before humble to the last pros.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

It''s criminal that Cott''s left spaces on the bench instead of giving player like ZV some matchday experience, makes no sense just SC spitting the dummy or trying to prove a point.

It led to his downfall , he was proving points including 5 at the back and not filling the bench and by the end had completely lost the plot

4 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

He got caught in possession twice in the second half and understandably tired a bit towards the end, but I thought he was excellent.

Very good at using the ball, a decent turn of pace and won his share of aerial challenges.

As someone who supported Cotterill I have to say if he didn't think he was worth a place on the bench when we were short of numbers, then on today's evidence he was badly mistaken.

4 hours ago, Londoner said:

Sorry mate but he was very good.abled by a very defensive and brilliant display by  Luke Freeman.He only put one pass astray all game .

1 minute ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

What about the two times he lost the ball on the half way line. 

Jeeebus christ he's a kid . Give him a break. Mark Little was great to a point last season , Tavanier was superb . Little is no where near good enough at this level. Zak could be the answer . That's what the academy is there for.

6 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

If anything, he got over confident and lost posession later on. I thought he was outstanding first half.his first touch was an accurate first time pass. I thought it was the most impressive debut since Louis Carey.

Yes he was very good first half. might have gave the ball away second half but generally he was very good  

Archived