IGNORED

McFadzean

GrahamC

Seen him home and away this season and it struck me yesterday what a really lucky escape we had when he was ill and so we didn't go through with his transfer under SOD.

The bloke is an utter donkey, with less pace than Forbes Phillipson-Masters and even worse than him with the ball at his feet.

Incredibly we were prepared to pay £500k for him, in comparison Aden Flint (who was brilliant yet again yesterday) looks like Franco Baresi and was also the small matter of £200k less..

It could be mk don't play to his strengths. They seem to like to play it around and out from the back. No really going to help his style of football.

No idea if he could potentially be better in a different footballing style team. Just a observation 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

We definitely got the better player in Flint. And to think SOD said we paid too much for him...Looks like a bargain now

Would you pay a £300k punt for a striker that scored 20+ goals over the last two seasons. We got this and he's a defender. SOD was crazy.

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Would you pay a £300k punt for a striker that scored 20+ goals over the last two seasons. We got this and he's a defender. SOD was crazy.

1 point from his last 9 available for "Mr. Personality" as he turns Walsall from a top two side into one struggling to make the playoffs..

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Seen him home and away this season and it struck me yesterday what a really lucky escape we had when he was ill and so we didn't go through with his transfer under SOD.

The bloke is an utter donkey, with less pace than Forbes Phillipson-Masters and even worse than him with the ball at his feet.

Incredibly we were prepared to pay £500k for him, in comparison Aden Flint (who was brilliant yet again yesterday) looks like Franco Baresi and was also the small matter of £200k less..

Did we not try and sign him when McInnes was in charge @GrahamC

He has came across in both fixtures as a liability and an absolute moron. He tried getting Kodjia sent off yesterday, like he did in the game at our place. Elbows everywhere yet for a "big hard" centre half spends an awful lot of time on the deck. As TRL mentioned though I don't think he's helped by their style of play. Robinson insists on trying to play out from the back when they have a keeper and back 4 that couldn't pass water.

Glad we didn't sign him. Flint is miles better.

1 hour ago, TRL said:

It could be mk don't play to his strengths. They seem to like to play it around and out from the back. No really going to help his style of football.

No idea if he could potentially be better in a different footballing style team. Just a observation 

It's a good point, TRL. But then, we pass it around at the back, too, but you wouldn't have said that was one of Flint's strengths when he signed. Yet he has become better at distribution (compare his to Baker's which is poor, he chips the ball to an opposition shirt nearly every time) - he grew in confidence with the ball at his feet last season, but this year - maybe with coaching? - he has improved, to my eyes, immeasurably. He still hits those long diagonals, but will hit a more measured ball into the channel for Kodge (it's not hit & hope, he has a good look up and varies the weight on each pass) as well as more recently dinking little balls in to our forward line.

Given the travails of earlier in the season, when conceding so many he could've gone to pieces, Flint has done remarkably well this year. One of the few to have looked able to hold his own in this Championship, pre-our turnaround. I can't remember too many strikers giving him 90 torrid mins. 

Compare that to MacF, who, if you watch our first goal, is a camel in comparison, and can't do some of the basics (mark the striker behind you, you divot). Kodge still had a bit to do given his form since the autumn (and as the ball came in, le Kodge must've been thinking 'When did I last score?') but Carthorse MacF certainly helped us out there.

57 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

He has came across in both fixtures as a liability and an absolute moron. He tried getting Kodjia sent off yesterday, like he did in the game at our place. Elbows everywhere yet for a "big hard" centre half spends an awful lot of time on the deck. As TRL mentioned though I don't think he's helped by their style of play. Robinson insists on trying to play out from the back when they have a keeper and back 4 that couldn't pass water.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21034295

2 hours ago, TRL said:

A donkey is a donkey is a donkey !!! 

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Got to be honest, I never thought I would see the day when Aden Flint was compared to Franco Baresi !!

It's a nonsense comparison - for a start, Flint is better at heading the ball, reads the game better, is far quicker, passes it like Glenn Hoddle and scores goals:ph34r:.

Nor did Franco Baresi....must be spluttering into his vermicelli.

3 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

I wouldn't say he was a liability and a moron at our place, but only because the referee didn't have eyes in the back of his head or the Assustant to help him out.  It was one of the most thuggish and sly performances I'd seen at AG since my return with Joe in 13/14.  He was savage on Kodjia, ultimately putting him off his game....result for him. He also could've got Kodjia sent off, because Kodjia retaliated off the ball on the half way line and kicked him.  But no-one saw that either.  Would've been an injustice had Kodjia got red carded.  I feared that when Kodjia got an early yellow yesterday.

Really pleased Kodjia got a brace yesterday having saw what happened in the home game.

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

SOD said that he wouldn't have paid £300k for Flint if it was his money. Bit different to simply saying he was overpriced. He still signed Flint and rated him hugely.

McInnes was offered Flint first and didn't want him.

4 hours ago, TRL said:

Which is exactly why he should be playing at a lower level.

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Got to be honest, I never thought I would see the day when Aden Flint was compared to Franco Baresi !!

It's a nonsense comparison - for a start, Flint is better at heading the ball, reads the game better, is far quicker, passes it like Glenn Hoddle and scores goals:ph34r:.

Also Baresi never scored a rabona and never offered an honest opinion on Swindon Town.

Case closed.

Archived