IGNORED

Zach Clough

Londoner

Can't blame him for not coming here but would have preferred it if he kept his mouth shut but that's modern footballers for you, ultimately when Bolton are relegated he'll get his move in the summer to a big Championship club with a realistic chance of promotion to the top flight

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

The arrogance. Apparently he rang his dad when offer made to get a response of "no chance" and that was the deal done.

on sky sports tracker if anyone knows how to copy it in here might be worth doing so.

A few points 

- Was never going to happen

- we laughed when we found out

- Bolton are bigger than Bristol city

- only came to talk out of respect

- decision made after 10 seconds of offer made.

I've just corrected a few things!

-Was never going to happen unless BCFC payed me loads of cash

-we Laughed when we found out, then thought I could become rich

-Bolton's a similar size club to Bristol City

-only came to talk because I was hoping they would pay me loads of money

-decision made after they didn't want to pay me as much money as I demanded.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I've just corrected a few things!

-Was never going to happen unless BCFC payed me loads of cash

-we Laughed when we found out, then thought I could become rich

-Bolton's a similar size club to Bristol City

-only came to talk because I was hoping they would pay me loads of money

-decision made after they didn't want to pay me as much money as I demanded.

Probably closer to the truth. Trying to make him self look good for the fans now, after potentially leaving his 'boyhood club' during an important relegation battle. 

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

To be fair, Bolton are a bigger club. That and the fact it's his boyhood club

were.

If a soulless stadium on a retail park with paltry crowds rattling around and massive debts is bigger, then great.  They are a small town with a bleak outlook clinging on to a history way, way back.

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

No they're not. 

they have a more successful history but their support is significantly smaller.  1986 Freight Rover final showed that.  Just look what happens to their crowds in League 1 - will be in the same ball park as the gas. 

In zac's lifetime yes they are a bigger club!

Remember going to watch us play Bolton in the final of the LDV or Freight Rover or whatever the JPT was called back then.

At that time we would have considered the clubs as being about the same size.

They, along with a lot of others, then left us behind as we stagnated in the lower leagues. About time it was us who kick on and leave them trailing in our wake.

After forty years of supporting them I think we are due a few golden years. If we can't get there with SL backing us and the new ground then I shall start to feel it will never happen.

His dad seems a bigger tool than young Zacharias. 

Advise your son to stay with a bankrupt club who are virtual certs to be relegated rather than go to a team without money problems who seem likely to stay in the Championship. 

If he is indeed sold to a bigger club he will not seem such a shining star as he does amid Bolton's piss-poor lineup. Plenty of time on the bench and perhaps a loan out to a lower division awaits.

AFAIC a lucky escape for us. 

I will boo at our first home match when Zach Clough walks out on the pitch.......but I will be booing not him personally but his dad.....sorry Zach but you're going to get massive grief and so will your dad. Anyone else going to join me......and please don't give me all this fluffy 'well we must get a grip and not throw a hissy fit at every perceived insult to our good name, everyone elsewhere thinks we're tinpot shite dont be surprised Bolton are bigger than us' etc - no, this is a total joke and Zach's dad needs to know it

10 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

And you posted this because..??

BRISTOL CITY: Bolton striker Zach Clough took just "10 seconds" to turn down £3m move to Robins

"When the bid was put in, I found out about 10pm the night before we played Eastleigh," he told The Bolton News.

"I phoned my dad and he started laughing. He said 'no chance'. And that was it.

Boo!

So he wanted to show the club respect and in doing so made up his mind without giving due consideration - 10 seconds; came down to pay lip service - and waste everyone's time; and if there was any respect shown (which I would say there wasn't considering that) snatching it away with his comments just made. 

He sounds like a bell end to be honest. 

And his old man's advice was don't join Man Utd at a time in their history when they had half of their team filled with academy grads, running away with the league and cups and their cast away academy players being picked up at all levels on the basis of the training they would have received? His dad doesn't sound like someone he ought to take advice from. 

21 minutes ago, 29AR said:

So he wanted to show the club respect and in doing so made up his mind without giving due consideration - 10 seconds; came down to pay lip service - and waste everyone's time; and if there was any respect shown (which I would say there wasn't considering that) snatching it away with his comments just made. 

He sounds like a bell end to be honest. 

And his old man's advice was don't join Man Utd at a time in their history when they had half of their team filled with academy grads, running away with the league and cups and their cast away academy players being picked up at all levels on the basis of the training they would have received? His dad doesn't sound like someone he ought to take advice from. 

Perhaps his Dad realised that Clough junior had more chance of progressing at Bolton .

Not quite good enough for Man Utd ...

Got no problem with any player choosing not to join us - that's their prerogative - but he didn't need to make those comments about us to the press.  Quite why his father would "laugh" at an offer from us suggests almost an arrogance about the player's ability and an expectation of an offer from a bigger club.  Since he hasn't moved anywhere else in the meantime, he may not necessarily get it and might live to regret that decision.

Allegedly though Cloughs Jr. and snr were impressed with the club when Zach came down. Of course, that might just be out of politeness that they said that. Maybe however, they genuinely were surprised and impressed. I doubt the average Bolton fan knows that much about our ownership, ground rebuild or academy. Maybe that was all a surprise to them too.

Shame he's made these comments though, shows a lack of maturity. 

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps his Dad realised that Clough junior had more chance of progressing at Bolton .

Not quite good enough for Man Utd ...

But it's not as though Man Utd cast offs are short of offers; indeed two of them (Simpson and Drinkwater) are now top of the Premier League. A few years back Newcastle loved buying an ex Man Utd academy guy; the championship is awash with them too.

Frankly even if he's not good enough for United I don't see that as reason to turn them down. They loan out their youth players, they sell their youth players and a significant enough number do get at least a few games. And his dad should probably put his own judgment aside for the professional opinion... just saying.

I can't see the logic in turning down Man Utd. Some of the other big clubs, sure.

I doubt he's had much of a hard time from crowds yet, mainly because he hasn't actually played that much and because this seems to be his first controversial moment.

Joking aside, giving im a hard time might not be a bad idea. In recent times it's visibly put Lita and Maynard off their stride. He allegedly didn't want to move too far from home, I question his toughness. It might actually be quite a good idea.

Archived