IGNORED

Zach Clough

Londoner

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

No they're not. 

they have a more successful history but their support is significantly smaller.  1986 Freight Rover final showed that.  Just look what happens to their crowds in League 1 - will be in the same ball park as the gas. 

Too true Bolton, Blackburn and Cardiff all of whom lost almost 2 thirds of their premiership support when the good times ended and the debts mounted.

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

In zac's lifetime yes they are a bigger club!

Not just in his lifetime.  They were in the top flight from 1935 to 1964 for heaven's sake, winning the FA cup in 1958.  They had a bad period in the mid-80s (when they played us in the FRT) but by 1995 they were in the Prem.  Ground capacity is nearly 29k.  They've won the FA cup four times, and been runners up another three and losing semi-finalists another seven times.  They've been runners up in the League Cup twice.  They've only spent 12 seasons outside the top two divisions in their history, spending 73 seasons at the top level and 30 at the second level.  Their lowest average attendance in the last 20 years was 14,384.  What makes a bigger club?

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Not just in his lifetime.  They were in the top flight from 1935 to 1964 for heaven's sake, winning the FA cup in 1958.  They had a bad period in the mid-80s (when they played us in the FRT) but by 1995 they were in the Prem.  Ground capacity is nearly 29k.  They've won the FA cup four times, and been runners up another three and losing semi-finalists another seven times.  They've been runners up in the League Cup twice.  They've only spent 12 seasons outside the top two divisions in their history, spending 73 seasons at the top level and 30 at the second level.  Their lowest average attendance in the last 20 years was 14,384.  What makes a bigger club?

Facts are not allowed on this forum.

I don't blame him for staying at Bolton and not coming to us - at the time we looked like we were in no better position  than Bolton were - other than financially of course. At the end of the day he could have stayed there and got relegated or come to us and got relegated. Not a very attractive proposition really. 

If however he stays there (as he obviously has) and continues to improve, then the list of clubs in for him in the summer will increase.

Of course there's nothing to say that Bolton won't go out of business by then and young Zac ends up a free agent. What a nice large sign on fee he could get........

As I said I don't blame him for staying in hindsight. We have Tomlin now and look likely to pull clear of the drop zone, whilst Bolton and Clough continue to fight. Comments though are stupid, not needed and could end up coming back and biting him in the backside. If any potential buyers read this, and I have no doubt they will, then it could end up going against him. 

So he doesn't like us, big deal. He won't be the first and won't be the last. If this is how he acts, then I think we've had a lucky escape.

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Surprised anyone was willing to pay £7:50 to take on a club with £147m of debt and two massively more successful  rivals just down the road. 

All seems a bit strange to me. The former owner has also said that he will still be owed 15 million by the club! All this fannying around with the court. They owe money to HMRC so they should have paid them by now. If it was any of us on here with an unpaid tax bill we would be rodgered good and proper by now!

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

No they're not. 

they have a more successful history but their support is significantly smaller.  1986 Freight Rover final showed that.  Just look what happens to their crowds in League 1 - will be in the same ball park as the gas. 

That's not true; since 2002 they've averaged over 25,000 at home for five seasons (including nearly 27,000 in 2003/4) and they've averaged between 20,000 and 25,000 at home for another six seasons. And in the other two seasons they averaged 16,000 and 18,000 - so better attendance figures than us...

Which BEP article are we talking about regarding comments by Sack Cloth's dad?

Booing opposition players is part of the game particularly ones that have turned down millions on behalf of themselves and a club that is desperate for the money to come to our club.

We have space between them and us and to be frank it is likely this will be a MUST win game for Bolton, thus everyone gets my permission to boo all opposition players, particularly Zach Clough and NOT Lee Johnson or the board and majority shareholder of our football club, that would be silly wouldn't it!

Archived