IGNORED

Academy training with the 1st team

CyderInACan

11 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think we get the point, now. Cotts was very bad, wrong about everything and going about things completely the wrong way. 

Not everything has to relate back to SC.

I do like this though. Something very simple for the club to accommodate, and gives the youth players a great incentive.

37 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

LJ: "We leave a spot open on Monday for the best performing 15 or 16 year old over the weekend to come and train with the first team."

fair play. This can only be a good thing and - presumably - something instituted by LJ on his arrival? 

It can only be a good thing for the young lads to get the chance to train with the first team.

It's obviously great to see initiatives like this and it can leave no-one in doubt as to the direction the club is hoping to go in with regards to producing more home-grown talent to compete at first team level.

I just really hope we are working towards that Cat 1 status for the Academy. Possibly when the ground redevelopment is completed the focus may switch back to the Academy.

That Al-Qadi bloke at the gas mentioned in his interview that he'd be investing in their Academy so let's make sure we get in their first to get Cat 1 so that no matter how much he invests in the short term we can still nick their best players ;)

59 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think we get the point, now. Cotts was very bad, wrong about everything and going about things completely the wrong way. 

I think Cyder makes a good point.

If you don't agree, maybe you can start yet another random thread about it.......:yawn:

What a great incentive for the young lads...perform well and you get rewarded to train with the first team.

At 15 or 16 this is a dream come true...remember how we felt about your hero's at that age...these kids will be no different.

It doesn't surprise me at all tbh...Heard so many good things about the way LJ operates.

Love the fact he's also having French lessons, so he can communicate better with out two French strikers.

Trying to bring all the Clubs teams closer together and give incentives and rewards can only be a good thing imho...long may it continue.

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

I think Cyder makes a good point.

If you don't agree, maybe you can start yet another random thread about it.......:yawn:

I don't disagree with Cyder or with LJ or with you or anyone. I merely make a facetious for want of anything better to do. There should be another one along (below) very shortly....

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

The more I hear from LJ the more I like, early days I know but I feel very optimistic at the moment about the future of BCFC,

The more we win and draw and not let in any goals instead of losing and letting in shedloads of goals, the more I find I like what I hear from LJ and I feel optimistic. 

Utilising the talent from academy was, no doubt at all an integral part of him being appointed. 

City have to develop enough of their own players to be regular first teamers. That not only encourages the academy lads that they have a chance but provides added competition to a first team starting spot. Sadly for SC 

At Champioship level it's extremely difficult to buy success, but not so difficult in the PL with so much money around up there. 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

What a great incentive for the young lads...perform well and you get rewarded to train with the first team.

At 15 or 16 this is a dream come true...remember how we felt about your hero's at that age...these kids will be no different.

It doesn't surprise me at all tbh...Heard so many good things about the way LJ operates.

Love the fact he's also having French lessons, so he can communicate better with out two French strikers.

Trying to bring all the Clubs teams closer together and give incentives and rewards can only be a good thing imho...long may it continue.

Heard he's brought his old man in to do it, Delboy style....mange tout, Lee, mange tout :D:D:D

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What chance have we got now that the richest club in the world are going to be taking all the regions best youngsters :(

Just a little edit for you as you obviously made a mistake.

What chance have we got now that the richest club in Europe are going to be taking all the regions best youngsters :(

Not whilst we are a Cat 2 academy they won't..........we'll let them spend their money developing them and when ready, we'll just take them off their hands

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Well this is all well and good but what about the 45-46yr old, slightly overweight fans who have had a great week?  When do we get to train with the first team?

Flipping ageist I tell ya.

What chance have we got now that the richest club in Europe are going to be taking all the regions best youngsters :(

Fair play, that did make I chuckle

They're chasing us down already, I reckon come March we're going to be completely and utterly ******

On a more serious (!) note, LJ just keeps impressing me, the two wins obviously help, but he's certainly playing the game very well right now

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I hope the reverse is also true and that the biggest liability from the first team has to play with the safety scissors and PVA glue along with the rest of the kids on a Monday.

Maybe this explains our up turn in form, no one player wants to be sent to the remedial class.

El Abd is already performing this role weekly. 

3 hours ago, spudski said:

I bet the strikers deliberately play rubbish then:) I wouldn't want to get battered in training by Big Flinty and Baker:laugh:

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Well this is all well and good but what about the 45-46yr old, slightly overweight fans who have had a great week?  When do we get to train with the first team?

Flipping ageist I tell ya.

Mrs Fevs got her chance over half-term.  The slightly overweight comment is a bit rude though!  Freeman agreed that it's the figure hugging new kit that makes them look chunkier!

To get youngsters to join our academy, they need to see that there is a route through to the 1st team. I know of 2 talented youngsters from the area I live, one as already joined the Southampton academy and the other one is just about to. The reason given was that they had heard really bad things about ours and that the management were not interested in the younger players. Thankfully with LJ now at the helm things are looking up, but it may take time to get a good reputation back.

Archived