IGNORED

Baldock

Super

I wasn't at the game tonight. Based on this thread I've concluded that Baldock scored, ran towards the home fans, put his hands down to not celebrate whilst also doing a little dance and making a w*nker gesture towards fans who booed him and clapped him off. As a result he has been both praised for his professionalism and reported to the FA.

Glad we've put that one to bed.

Reported to the FA? Please no. How pathetic are we? Audible boos when he touches the ball, and then when he clear as day doesn't celebrate and some people claim he makes a ****** sign - allegedly, might I add - we report him? I'm embarrassed.

i and plenty of others were watching him closely when he scored and only saw the hands down, no celebration sign. And even if he did do a ****** sign, so what? If you score 26 goals in a season, get sold to a bigger club without forcing a move, and get booed and more on your first game back, why aren't you allowed to give a bit back?

I'm not sure in what world giving someone money means you can shout abuse and catcall them and they have to stand there and take it, but reporting him is ******* petty.

I hope whatever jobsworth plans to do so also reports the people swearing at Baldock. No? Didn't think so.

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Because he was already running that way...

If he turned the opposite direction after seeing the ball go in and ran the same distance he would have been stood in front of his own! So why continue and stand in front of us, clearly after a reaction/wind up. Think he is a **** for doing it!

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I thought he looked lively all evening. Far better than anything we had up front.

Ended up thinking that he - or someone like him - should have been our focus over the summer. Not £9m players who we had no chance of ever signing.

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

He has a good team around him though. Would he be as good in our side? Probably not. Rather have Kodjia myself, Baldock doesn't often create something out of nothing. Kodjia would have 16+ goals in a top 6 side.

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

It was just a bit of pantomime. No one really has any hatred toward Baldock. It's just football. Player who left the club gets a bit of stick on his return. Nothing to twist the knickers. 

What he received around me was definitely more than a bit of stick, one of the worst receptions I've heard in recent years, can only remember Maynard getting a worse reception for a former player.

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I wasn't at the game tonight. Based on this thread I've concluded that Baldock scored, ran towards the home fans, put his hands down to not celebrate whilst also doing a little dance and making a w*nker gesture towards fans who booed him and clapped him off. As a result he has been both praised for his professionalism and reported to the FA.

Glad we've put that one to bed.

You wouldn't want these lot in a jury would you?

This really typifies the old clique "What game were you watching!"

Good point Phileas. Brighton played down through our right hand side at times like a knife through butter. Relatively fast, accurate and flowing football. I thought they played that well, and played well in the final third.

Too many times we weren't equipped to defend that, or do the same to them.

I like Tomlin, but I'm not convinced he's a long term solution. Baldock or someone like him alongside Kodjia however would be something I'd like to see. 

Time will tell. Bring on Forest and Cardiff ;)

18 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Good point Phileas. Brighton played down through our right hand side at times like a knife through butter. Relatively fast, accurate and flowing football. I thought they played that well, and played well in the final third.

Too many times we weren't equipped to defend that, or do the same to them.

I like Tomlin, but I'm not convinced he's a long term solution. Baldock or someone like him alongside Kodjia however would be something I'd like to see. 

Time will tell. Bring on Forest and Cardiff ;)

They were clinical weren't they.. Really good unit and solid defence. I like Tomlin though, think he needs games but he has been really good so far, probably his worst game tonight though and even then I felt he was good in possession. Would like to see him run at the opposition more, seems to hold the ball up rather than run at defenders.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

He didn't help himself making the w*nker sign in the direction of the Atyeo/Dolman when he scored. There wasn't any major abuse that I heard until after that. 

Nice way to say thanks to the fans who paid your wages for years hey? 

what absolute rubbish! I was sat in old b block and he never did this, in fact made a point of not celebrating

Woman sat behind me in the Atyeo today couldn't contain her disgust at my applause for Sam and said loudly 'some idiots here will clap anything'. Decided to remind her where we might've been without Sams contribution in our first league one season where he won the golden boot before leaving for what he considered would be best for his career. Anything any professional would do , not a bad word to say about the man. Apart from stop bloody scoring against us!!

1 hour ago, Harry said:

It was just a bit of pantomime. No one really has any hatred toward Baldock. It's just football. Player who left the club gets a bit of stick on his return. Nothing to twist the knickers. 

Slightly more than a bit of stick, hugely embarrassing from our moronic fans.

6 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Didn't rate him that highly as a player but didn't understand the boo's or the fact we have reported him to the FA :facepalm: 

Brighton a good team, but he's an average striker at this level who thought and was probably too good for us at the time.

Br great to have an average striker at this level!

6 hours ago, frenchred said:

what absolute rubbish! I was sat in old b block and he never did this, in fact made a point of not celebrating

Agreed.

nothing negative from Baldock sat in similar location

atyeo numbskills need to keep their toys in their pram

Archived