IGNORED

Baldock

Super

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I wasn't at the game tonight. Based on this thread I've concluded that Baldock scored, ran towards the home fans, put his hands down to not celebrate whilst also doing a little dance and making a w*nker gesture towards fans who booed him and clapped him off. As a result he has been both praised for his professionalism and reported to the FA.

Glad we've put that one to bed.

For further clarification, I can now confirm that he also gave it the biggun towards the Atyeo while making a point of not celebrating.

7 hours ago, hodge said:

What he received around me was definitely more than a bit of stick, one of the worst receptions I've heard in recent years, can only remember Maynard getting a worse reception for a former player.

Can anyone who gave dogs abuse, reported him or shouted at fellow city fans who applauded him when he was subbed off just clarify what the hatred was based on? Beats me.

Seems a bit OTT and comes only a few days after fans elsewhere felt it a good idea to throw coins at players. 

1 hour ago, Bowie said:

Agreed.

nothing negative from Baldock sat in similar location

atyeo numbskills need to keep their toys in their pram

Don't say that. They Ateyo super fans won't be happy, they are the best BCFC fans around!! Better than all of us in the South Stand and Dolman!

Wouldn't have had a problem if he did celebrate, he gets paid by Brighton to score goals, simple as that

Not seen the 'highlights' yet, but his goal looked like an absolute beauty from the South Stand, right in the corner

Clapped him off too

What with that and leaving early, I'm gonna have to watch by back at Forest on Saturday, some superfans will be looking for me. In case there's any doubt, I'm the bloke in the black city bobble hat with the robin badge on, shouldn't be too difficult to spot. Come tell me I'm wrong

49 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Wouldn't have had a problem if he did celebrate, he gets paid by Brighton to score goals, simple as that

Not seen the 'highlights' yet, but his goal looked like an absolute beauty from the South Stand, right in the corner

Clapped him off too

What with that and leaving early, I'm gonna have to watch by back at Forest on Saturday, some superfans will be looking for me. In case there's any doubt, I'm the bloke in the black city bobble hat with the robin badge on, shouldn't be too difficult to spot. Come tell me I'm wrong

watch your back Ginger!

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Surprised he was even playing.

Not exactly been a success at Brighton, excruciatingly poor goal record since he went there..

According to their site that was just his 3rd goal of the season tonight, but 2nd against us, of course.

Might have something to do with the fact that he's been injured for 3 months……….When fit he's quality, I would swap him for Agard anytime.  he left to double his wages, good luck to him.

11 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Might have something to do with the fact that he's been injured for 3 months……….When fit he's quality, I would swap him for Agard anytime.  he left to double his wages, good luck to him.

Agard or any of our strikers.

Something a guy near me said last night I have to agree about on Kodjia, balls into the box pass or cross he just stands waiting for them to get to him, quite a few times balls were cut out just before him, he needs to come to and attack balls coming into the box.

12 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Surprised he was even playing.

Not exactly been a success at Brighton, excruciatingly poor goal record since he went there..

According to their site that was just his 3rd goal of the season tonight, but 2nd against us, of course.

Although, it has to be said, the best strike of the night. An absolute beaut and one I won't give the team any stick for conceding. 

As others have noted he applauded fans in the Dolman and South Stand when he went off and received applause back. If he had a problem with the home section of the Atyeo I can understand it.

Why boo someone who gave his all when he was here?

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Although, it has to be said, the best strike of the night. An absolute beaut and one I won't give the team any stick for conceding. 

As others have noted he applauded fans in the Dolman and South Stand when he went off and received applause back. If he had a problem with the home section of the Atyeo I can understand it.

Why boo someone who gave his all when he was here?

Bants, innit

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yeah, but it's tinpot. 

And if you want to boo former players why ignore Rosenior who did f- us about!

Had the same thought last night. Presume the people that want to boo ex players didn't realise that LR ever played for us. Or that he done f all. Or the almighty cock up about how he left

12 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

He didn't help himself making the w*nker sign in the direction of the Atyeo/Dolman when he scored. There wasn't any major abuse that I heard until after that. 

Nice way to say thanks to the fans who paid your wages for years hey? 

Never really understood this form of logic.  

I worked for Tesco for a few years when younger, if someone called me a ****** I wouldn't check to see where they did their weekly shop to decide how I was going to respond.

1 hour ago, Super said:

He's far better than Kodjia.

In what way? Kodjia has got 12 goals in a relegation threatened side than don't create many chances. He doesn't speak the language and has barely played at a high standard at all in his career. He's quicker, more skilful, a better dribbler and has scored far more goals in a worse side. 

I'd rather have Baldock over Agard but not Kodjia. He's certainly not "far better" either. The other thing is, because of the factors I listed earlier, Kodjia will improve further. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In what way? Kodjia has got 12 goals in a relegation threatened side than don't create many chances. He doesn't speak the language and has barely played at a high standard at all in his career. He's quicker, more skilful, stronger, better dribbler and has scored far more goals in a worse side. 

I'd rather have Baldock over Agard but not Kodjia. He's certainly not "far better" either. The other thing is, because of the factors I listed earlier, Kodjia will improve further. 

Missing the most important in that list - finisher. I like Kodjia don't get me wrong but Baldock is proven at this level, if he had been playing for us all season we would prob be mid table.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Missing the most important in that list - finisher. I like Kodjia don't get me wrong but Baldock is proven at this level, if he had been playing for us all season we would prob be mid table.

How's Kodjia been able to get 12 goals if he's such a bad finisher then? It's a bit of a myth. Ok, he could definitely improve in that aspect but he's not as bad as some believe. I remember Baldpck missing a disproportionate number of guilt edged chances.

As for that last comment, so you think Baldock would have got in the region of 20 goals in this side then? To suggest we'd have been mid table all season with him implies he'd have scored lots more than Kodjia in this side.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Baldock missed loads of chances whilst with us - chances that he should have buried 

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Think it would be generous to say Baldock is proven in the Championship.  Afterall he has only scored 12 Championship goals in his career.  Which, coincidentally is the same as Kodjia. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How's Kodjia been able to get 12 goals if he's such a bad finisher then? It's a bit of a myth. Ok, he could definitely improve in that aspect but he's not as bad as some believe. I remember Baldpck missing a disproportionate number of guilt edged chances.

As for that last comment, so you think Baldock would have got in the region of 20 goals in this side then? To suggest we'd have been mid table all season with him implies he'd have scored lots more than Kodjia in this side.

He would certainly have more than 12 goals.

4 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

This thread makes me a little bit sad. Our so could "Super vocal fans" booed a good ex player, sang a lot of homophobic songs, got upset at a gesture which may or may not have been made and left on mass after the forth goal. Funny old game.

Yeah, well my Dad's bigger than your Dad. 

13 hours ago, Nibor said:

He was a good player for us, always gave his all, scored some good goals, was professional and we sold him for more than we paid for him.  Don't see why people would boo at all and having decided to abuse him in spite of all that when he scores you can't whinge like little babies because he gives you some back and you look stupid.  Good luck to him.

Well said, hate all this crap when fans give someone abuse then start crying foul when they get some back, from my point of view in the Atyeo there was more than just a few calling him a **** which I don't think was warranted, yes boo him during game but I personally don't think he did anything whilst at City to warrant any major abuse. Dolly I never seen the signs he made but accept he may well have, it did look like he was not over celebrating to me but as I have said on another thread I don't really care if they do or don't celebrate, I think it's all false anyway.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I was a huge Baldock fan but he would struggle for goals in our team. Kodjia has had to do an awful lot of the creating himself this season as it certainly hasn't come from our 'playmaker' who is still without an open play assist. 

Baldock thrives on great service to feet and he certainly wouldn't have had that here this season. 

1 minute ago, gordie said:

Well said, hate all this crap when fans give someone abuse then start crying foul when they get some back, from my point of view in the Atyeo there was more than just a few calling him a **** which I don't think was warranted, yes boo him during game but I personally don't think he did anything whilst at City to warrant any major abuse. Dolly I never seen the signs he made but accept he may well have, it did look like he was not over celebrating to me but as I have said on another thread I don't really care if they do or don't celebrate, I think it's all false anyway.

I honestly didn't get it, good player for us ex captain and gets subjected to that. Pathetic.

10 minutes ago, Super said:

He would certainly have more than 12 goals.

Not a chance in my view, he's not got the individual brilliance Kodjia can display nor the explosive pace. He's an upgrade on Agard but not Kodjia. By the same token If Kodjia was starting weekly for Brighton he'd have over 16 goals in my opinion.

Archived