IGNORED

Huddersfield Town Season Ticket Price 174 Pounds!

RedM

Just saw this, ok I know we won't get anything like this but it shows what other clubs are trying. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

'Championship side Huddersfield Town have just announced that season tickets for the 2016/17 season will be priced at £174 for adults.

Chairman Dean Hoyle has used the additional TV revenue to subsidise ticket prices for fans rather than it going into player pockets

Now managed by Jurgen Klopps former assistant at Borussia Dortmund, David Wagner has brought a new brand of football to Yorkshire making them one of the highest scorers since taking over.

In a year when other fans have had to protest at single match tickets rising to £77, this is fantastic value and works out at £7.78 per game - one tenth of the price Iain Ayre wanted to charge Liverpool fans!'

A number of clubs have got a great opportunity now to give something back to the fans and make games more affordable...who knows how many will follow Huddersfield's admirable example and what Bradford have done in the recent past..

Any reason why you don't think we'd get anything like this Red M?

It would be great to see more City fans able to fill the Gate...

From the club's website: http://www.htafc.com/news/article/huddersfield-town-season-cards-201617-179-2973677.aspx 

£179 in all areas of the ground. Wonderful stuff from the club. Good for them. 

I think we're announcing prices and other info for 2016/17 on Monday. Would hope to see prices frozen at the very least. Can see something like a 5% discount for early-birds. Which isn't much off. Let's see. Might ask Steve Lansdown about this tomorrow. 

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A number of clubs have got a great opportunity now to give something back to the fans and make games more affordable...who knows how many will follow Huddersfield's admirable example and what Bradford have done in the recent past..

Any reason why you don't think we'd get anything like this Red M?

It would be great to see more City fans able to fill the Gate...

Just a gut feeling we won't go down this route. I've always been very much in favour of piling it high, selling it cheap and fill the stadium personally. The main reason I think we won't do this is we seem to be keener on selling the Premium product end of the scale. Corporate, Lansdown Club type clientele. Thousands of cheap tickets will be seen to dilute the brand

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just a gut feeling we won't go down this route. I've always been very much in favour of piling it high, selling it cheap and fill the stadium personally. The main reason I think we won't do this is we seem to be keener on selling the Premium product end of the scale. Corporate, Lansdown Club type clientele. Thousands of cheap tickets will be seen to dilute the brand

Fair enough. In a two club City we should fight for every potential fan. I've said before we should bus kids and their parents in for free from the suburbs and let the kids in free to the match. Catch em early and a fair proportion will stay for life...but it has to be affordable

3 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Announcing prices around March when in a relegation fight could make fans delay in making a decision to renew. Especially when supply will exceed demand next season. 

Prices will have to be attractive after this season's shambles.

Seeing as we are the same points off the relegation zone as we are mid table (12th) you can really tell you're a glass half empty kind of guy. 

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

What on earth does this mean? How can a brand be diluted?

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Selred said:

Seeing as we are the same points off the relegation zone as we are mid table (12th) you can really tell you're a glass half empty kind of guy. 

I'm guessing he meant from the debacle from last summer up to now - not specifically where we are today

Due to work commitments I can't get to many games, so don't get a season ticket as it wouldn't be worth it financially, and to be honest there have been games that I could have gone to this season, but haven't due to the price of a walk up ticket. However, at that price I would definitely get one just to guarantee being able to sit in a seat of my choosing.

I'm sure there must be others in a similar position.

51 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

From the club's website: http://www.htafc.com/news/article/huddersfield-town-season-cards-201617-179-2973677.aspx 

£179 in all areas of the ground. Wonderful stuff from the club. Good for them. 

I think we're announcing prices and other info for 2016/17 on Monday. Would hope to see prices frozen at the very least. Can see something like a 5% discount for early-birds. Which isn't much off. Let's see. Might ask Steve Lansdown about this tomorrow. 

I can't make it to the Q&A tomorrow, but would love to ask this question to him if I could. So please ask how he is hoping to get the 20k season ticket holders and use Huddersfield as an example :):fingerscrossed:

5 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Due to work commitments I can't get to many games, so don't get a season ticket as it wouldn't be worth it financially, and to be honest there have been games that I could have gone to this season, but haven't due to the price of a walk up ticket. However, at that price I would definitely get one just to guarantee being able to sit in a seat of my choosing.

I'm sure there must be others in a similar position.

Bradford City offer their fans a flexi-card system, an alternative to a regular season ticket. It is aimed at people who know they will not be able to make every home game. I think it works like this:

For £50, you become a flexi-card member. This buys you, reserves for you all season, your own seat in the ground. You can then choose which games you want to attend and pay for these games only, not the ones you don't (as you do with a reg s.tick). Flexi-card holders get to buy their match day tickets at a discount on the walk-up price, £10 adults, £7 seniors/students, £6 juniors. You  can upgrade to a bar/suite ticket (whatever that is) at £15, £9.50, £8.50. The card is for league games only. 

Is the same at the BS membership? I really don't know, not sure it is

29 minutes ago, Nomad said:

What on earth does this mean? How can a brand be diluted?

It means, granted I didn't have the time to explain it well, if you are trying to push a Premium product, corporate boxes, hospitality packages you have to sell a brand as such, just like Apple, etc do. To get business people to invest in this they have to feel they are getting a premium product, that usually means paying out top dollar. People who  buy an expensive Apple phone wouldn't want Apple releasing a budget brand would they.

just my opinion, why the club won't do it. If we were going to go that we would have redeveloped the stadium on the cheap, we haven't so we won't. Hope I am wrong.

One price for any regular seat in the ground is the way to go. No discount for children or pensioners.

so far as I am aware currently there are no checks on who is sitting where, unless there is a dispute over the seat.

With my SS ticket I have gone into the Dolman to view the Williams build, I could have sat in any vacant seat.

Once in the stadium I don't see how the club can control which stand you go in, so all seats should be the same price.

its impossible for the stewards to check each ticket as people come and go in each Vom.

14 minutes ago, WsM-Red said:

I can't make it to the Q&A tomorrow, but would love to ask this question to him if I could. So please ask how he is hoping to get the 20k season ticket holders and use Huddersfield as an example :):fingerscrossed:

I'll ask something similar, something about prices anyway. I can predict the answer though: club needs as much revenue as possible. If we get to the Prem we'll easily get 20,000 ST holders  charging £400-£500 per ticket. etc. etc. 

Different case for the Championship. We all know it's better to charge less and get more fans in, but cannot see the club doing it. 

You also have to consider the city or town a club's located in. Huddersfield (I've driven through it. Was at uni in Leeds) isn't exactly the most attractive place in the country. Wages will be lower than in Bristol, jobs harder to come by. And they're competing with other bigger clubs not far away for support. So it makes sense for them to lower their prices. 

Bristol is a wealthy city. There's no one else here to support. One team in Bristol, right?? That doesn't of course mean every City fan is loaded. I wish. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

I'll ask something similar, something about prices anyway. I can predict the answer though: club needs as much revenue as possible. If we get to the Prem we'll easily get 20,000 ST holders  charging £400-£500 per ticket. etc. etc. 

The issue is that during his interview on radio Bristol earlier in the season, SL said we'd had 20k season ticket holders NEXT season

9 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

One price for any regular seat in the ground is the way to go. No discount for children or pensioners.

so far as I am aware currently there are no checks on who is sitting where, unless there is a dispute over the seat.

With my SS ticket I have gone into the Dolman to view the Williams build, I could have sat in any vacant seat.

Once in the stadium I don't see how the club can control which stand you go in, so all seats should be the same price.

its impossible for the stewards to check each ticket as people come and go in each Vom.

I some how think you have missed the point or you go on your own too games!

If it was me I'd charge adults £200 behind a goal and £300 for the side stands, nice and simple with further reductions for oaps and kids.

A nice discount but not giving them away.

I'd think at those prices we could shift 16k plus meaning we could easily average over 20k.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

It means, granted I didn't have the time to explain it well, if you are trying to push a Premium product, corporate boxes, hospitality packages you have to sell a brand as such, just like Apple, etc do. To get business people to invest in this they have to feel they are getting a premium product, that usually means paying out top dollar. People who  buy an expensive Apple phone wouldn't want Apple releasing a budget brand would they.

just my opinion, why the club won't do it. If we were going to go that we would have redeveloped the stadium on the cheap, we haven't so we won't. Hope I am wrong.

Thanks for the explanation RedM. However - in this instance they are not getting the same product - there's a world of difference between corp boxes and a seat in the Dolman or Atyeo. The football on the field is always the same for all but some will be happy to pay a premium for the additional extra's.

1 hour ago, Fat Cigar said:

Different case for the Championship. We all know it's better to charge less and get more fans in, but cannot see the club doing it. 

You also have to consider the city or town a club's located in. Huddersfield (I've driven through it. Was at uni in Leeds) isn't exactly the most attractive place in the country. Wages will be lower than in Bristol, jobs harder to come by. And they're competing with other bigger clubs not far away for support. So it makes sense for them to lower their prices. 

Bristol is a wealthy city. There's no one else here to support. One team in Bristol, right?? That doesn't of course mean every City fan is loaded. I wish. 

Yes I agree that the answer is probably predictable, he may not even say that and just say the club will make an announcement shortly. Worth asking though you never know :fingerscrossed:

It's strange how differently the fans and powers that be look at it. I guess they're worried that if they offer cheap tickets, we may still not fill the stadium and so they will lose money. Or perhaps they are targeting the wealthier supporters looking more to build a brand. To us fans, I'm sure if they did something along the lines of Huddersfield and also halved the cost of match day tickets they would sell out close to 28k each match day. Surely 28k fans if tickets were somewhere around half the price they are currently, added with extra match day revenue like food, drink, programmes, shirts etc. would generate more income than 15-20k with expensive tickets. That's potentially 10k more fans spending money on other things compared to if tickets were expensive. I can't see games like Walsall, Burton, Huddersfield etc. getting many more than what we are getting at the moment. Wasn't Brighton POTD as it didn't sell out?

However, like you said Bristol is a wealthy city and I think they are well aware of this fact. However, it is also a university city and I just think they could be pricing out the younger generations who can't afford to splash £3/400 quid on a season ticket.

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Bradford City offer their fans a flexi-card system, an alternative to a regular season ticket. It is aimed at people who know they will not be able to make every home game. I think it works like this:

For £50, you become a flexi-card member. This buys you, reserves for you all season, your own seat in the ground. You can then choose which games you want to attend and pay for these games only, not the ones you don't (as you do with a reg s.tick). Flexi-card holders get to buy their match day tickets at a discount on the walk-up price, £10 adults, £7 seniors/students, £6 juniors. You  can upgrade to a bar/suite ticket (whatever that is) at £15, £9.50, £8.50. The card is for league games only. 

Is the same at the BS membership? I really don't know, not sure it is

Would be happy with that!

3 hours ago, RedM said:

The budget brand is already available to business people in Bristol. It's in Hoofield, and you get 4th division football to watch from your private box/tent or whatever it is up there. Of course, that's the situation now. This will all change very soon and we will become the budget brand, and SL is wasting his time, or so I read and hear now

2 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I some how think you have missed the point or you go on your own too games!

Actually I bought STs for two grandsons, and with the free shirt thrown in I thought £50 each was ridiculous, especially given the reduced capacity this season.

Would never work with our fans. Perfect idea for a club content with not pushing on and achieving more than they currently have. 

Two games in to the season here and people would be booing as we hadn't signed £9m players and paid huge salaries...can't have it both ways. 

I'm sure you can find plenty of examples just on here where in one thread, someone is moaning about ticket prices whilst in another thread, lamenting the lack of ambition and failure to land Gray, Gayle, Clough, Pearson, Moyes, Owen, Curbishley, etc etc. 

I would expect some very competative pricing for POTD if we are to get near filling the 'new' stadium next year. That being the case it would be odd to have relatively high season ticket prices. You can just imagine the complaints from ST holders. Maybe it's time to do something dramatic and reduce ST prices, attract more POTD and pack the Gate. 

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Actually I bought STs for two grandsons, and with the free shirt thrown in I thought £50 each was ridiculous, especially given the reduced capacity this season.

Ridiculously cheap is good though. If it gets your grandchildren involved at an early age then the lifetime value of those customers makes up for it!

Archived