IGNORED

Huddersfield Town Season Ticket Price 174 Pounds!

RedM

6 hours ago, bris red said:

Just Red is right, 50 quid before you have even set foot outside of the house for an adult and young'un to watch 90 mins of Championship football is scandalous. Travel is an unavoidable cost so that adds on at least a five or ten sheet to the day, and the food/drink argument i disagree with aswell.. You should be able to have a beer or two and a bite to eat without worrying about £.

Really Annoys me when people try to defend the price of Football, its a disgrace and long may the trend of what Huddersfield have done continue.

I am not defending the price of football. I completely agree that football is overpriced and I applaud Huddersfield's stance.

But the price of food is not the responsibility of the football industry and therefore isn't part of "the price of football". I don't agree that you have to factor eating out as part of the day. A meal out was always a rare treat for me as a child, whenever we went anywhere we invariably took a picnic! And the same now applies for me as Dad of a family of four. Every trip we do would become significantly more expensive, and often unaffordable, if we insisted on buying food.

5 hours ago, Just Red said:

A few pints and a KFC is what I have been doing for years. Travel is a tenner so even before setting foot out of the door that is 60 quid. 

So you blow £40 in KFC?

I am sure you are a very nice chap, but your waistline must be massive. On the assumption you take up two seats, you should say the ticket price is very reasonable.

6 hours ago, Just Red said:

Personally the food and drink is part of the experience. A few pints and a KFC is what I have been doing for years. Travel is a tenner so even before setting foot out of the door that is 60 quid. 

The question I keep asking myself is what else can I do with £80? That's about 6 weeks worth of petrol, 2 weeks food shopping, all for 90 mins of football. 

I will probably pay it but now a days as I feel it's not value for money I only attend every now and then. 

£15-20 potd and a couple of quid for the kiddies is pretty reasonable imo.

In my opinion that's too cheap. Maybe it's because I'm now used to the football prices but personally I reckon £25 for an adult on the day and £15 for a child is fair enough, £20 and £10 if bought in advance.

Remember we need to make money as a club, this season although it's expensive the demand is there. 

16 minutes ago, Selred said:

In my opinion that's too cheap. Maybe it's because I'm now used to the football prices but personally I reckon £25 for an adult on the day and £15 for a child is fair enough, £20 and £10 if bought in advance.

Remember we need to make money as a club, this season although it's expensive the demand is there. 

My five year old son goes to football training and he's the only one wearing a local club shirt. It's all Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc. I would even prefer to see Swindon or Rovers shirts over that.

This problem is bigger than it's ever been. I worry that we simply won't have the core fanbase we do now in 30 years time if all these youngsters are just watching PL on the telly. We have to do everything we can to encourage young supporters, and that includes making child prices as cheap as possible - even selling at a loss if necessary, with the long-term gains in mind. The matchday child prices this season are appalling in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Any info on the non St prices at HTC? 

I half expect the supporters without St will pay the price for the reduced St cost

Interesting point. I imagine the majority of non-STH regulars will convert to STH at that price point. I'm a member and go to about 8-10 home games and a couple of away, so if City did the same I certainly would.

If their remaining non-STH fanbase is then relatively small, as you might expect it to be, then they aren't going to recoup the difference without making prices ridiculously high - and then no one would pay it.

11 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

You don't have to "add on the price of food and drinks." If you don't go to the game, you will still eat and drink. My recommendation is to have a good, hearty brunch before setting off, containing enough whole grains and some protein to keep you both feeling fuller for longer, and make yourself a cheese sandwich to take and eat at halftime. Also, hydrate well before setting off. That'll save you a fair few quid.

:yes:

10 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Indeed. People always talk about food and drink as if it's an unavoidable expenditure on a day out. Whatever happened to the humble packed lunch?!

I probably travel further than the average fan and I can easily avoid buying food by eating before I go and when I get back.

Agree with both of you....I take a couple of small flasks, and sachets of hot chocolate (far nicer than sachets of Nescafé) to drink at half time, along with a muesli bar, Apple / banana and a pack of crisps for me and Joe.  We sometimes buy a sausage roll or pie, normally cold night games, but we don't have to.

Religiously I buy a WellRed for £3 (like to collect them, rather than for the reading material itself), and most weeks buy a raffle ticket.

So most weeks my outlay at the ground is £4...with pie each £10 for the two of us.

2 hours ago, Selred said:

£15 reasonable for a child? With over 10k spare seats next season I can't see how 15 quid is reasonable. My wish is for them to let the kids in as cheaply as possible.

I myself started atteneding when it was kid a quid etc and now as an adult I've spent thousands on the club so it really does work.

13 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course you can. Two entirely different markets, with very different benefits, for a very different customer.

You price the product according to a) what the customer can afford to pay and b) what the product is worth to the customer. Your average season ticket holder can't afford much more than £400. Your average corporate sponsor can shell out £7-14k in a heartbeat, especially if they believe they it will generate more revenue for their business than it costs them to have it. The ordinary season ticket price is almost irrelevant to a corporate customer.

Dead right - plus I believe corporate hospitality can be set against tax so that makes it 20% less in  real terms (cue Accountants to hammer me for being wrong !)

46 minutes ago, Just Red said:

£15 reasonable for a child? With over 10k spare seats next season I can't see how 15 quid is reasonable. My wish is for them to let the kids in as cheaply as possible.

I myself started atteneding when it was kid a quid etc and now as an adult I've spent thousands on the club so it really does work.

Agree, £15 is not reasonable for a child.

Parenting is hugely expensive and you have to cut your cloth accordingly. Even more so these days, as this generation have huge mortgages (or rent) thanks to the ridiculous housing market in this country, and in most cases both parents have to work as a result, and thus have childcare costs, while the grandparents rattle around in large houses with massive equity they no longer need....but don't get me started!

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My five year old son goes to football training and he's the only one wearing a local club shirt. It's all Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc. I would even prefer to see Swindon or Rovers shirts over that.

This problem is bigger than it's ever been. I worry that we simply won't have the core fanbase we do now in 30 years time if all these youngsters are just watching PL on the telly. We have to do everything we can to encourage young supporters, and that includes making child prices as cheap as possible - even selling at a loss if necessary, with the long-term gains in mind. The matchday child prices this season are appalling in my opinion.

You have to blame the parent's really. 

We need to do more deals for schools because kids can't come alone, and if their parent isn't a City fan I doubt would want to come.

The season ticket for kids is a great price this season.

46 minutes ago, Selred said:

You have to blame the parent's really. 

We need to do more deals for schools because kids can't come alone, and if their parent isn't a City fan I doubt would want to come.

The season ticket for kids is a great price this season.

Agree the season ticket price for kids is great value, but that relies on a parent being a STH too AND assumes the child has an established interest to justify the cost of multiple matches.

Good point about the schools too. 

On 26 February 2016 at 22:52, RedM said:

Exactly. Wouldn't it be better to spread the costs more evenly. Eg this season £400 an adult and kid with shirt £50. Can't we do adult £325 and kid (with or without shirt £75). I'm sure most parents will buy a shirt anyhow, no need for freebies. Infact instead of making the adult shirt £45 and give kids free shirts spread that cost too, kids £20 and adults £30. If people knew the markup the club makes on shirts you would cry. 

£1 if you buy a hundred thousand if not then about £2.50. That is what I was quoted at a factory in Bangladesh which makes a lot of football shirts for the big brands.

In my humble opinion £45 is theft and while i like to support my club there has to be a level of intrinsic value; that has long gone in English football.

On 27 February 2016 at 10:32, Just Red said:

Personally the food and drink is part of the experience. A few pints and a KFC is what I have been doing for years. Travel is a tenner so even before setting foot out of the door that is 60 quid. 

The question I keep asking myself is what else can I do with £80? That's about 6 weeks worth of petrol, 2 weeks food shopping, all for 90 mins of football. 

I will probably pay it but now a days as I feel it's not value for money I only attend every now and then. 

£15-20 potd and a couple of quid for the kiddies is pretty reasonable imo.

I had never in my life thought of a KFC as 'an experience'. Clearly for the heart disease promoter to be successful it has to be for many.

15 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Dead right - plus I believe corporate hospitality can be set against tax so that makes it 20% less in  real terms (cue Accountants to hammer me for being wrong !)

HMRC have really clamped down on corp hospitality in recent years and yes, surprising to many no doubt, the Conservatives have done so far more than Labour.

i think there is an element of a corp box you can offset but it is by no means all of the value.

Quick note on POTD prices - am I right in thinking that the amount we charge away fans has to match the price for 'equivalent POTD seating' for our own fans?

If so, and bearing in mind that some away followings at Ashton Gate could be huge next season if we stay up (think Villa, Cardiff, Leeds, potentially Sunderland and Newcastle), the club will surely want to keep POTD prices as high as possible. Not saying I agree with it, but I'm sure it will be a factor. 

Archived