IGNORED

Huddersfield Town Season Ticket Price 174 Pounds!

RedM

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Actually I bought STs for two grandsons, and with the free shirt thrown in I thought £50 each was ridiculous, especially given the reduced capacity this season.

Exactly. Wouldn't it be better to spread the costs more evenly. Eg this season £400 an adult and kid with shirt £50. Can't we do adult £325 and kid (with or without shirt £75). I'm sure most parents will buy a shirt anyhow, no need for freebies. Infact instead of making the adult shirt £45 and give kids free shirts spread that cost too, kids £20 and adults £30. If people knew the markup the club makes on shirts you would cry. 

3 hours ago, WsM-Red said:

However, like you said Bristol is a wealthy city and I think they are well aware of this fact. However, it is also a university city and I just think they could be pricing out the younger generations who can't afford to splash £3/400 quid on a season ticket.

I'm not sure many of my mates in the Masonic Colliers Lions Miners etc etc would consider themselves part of the wealthy Bristol set. If  Bristol Sport fancy doing an Arsenal and alienating that element of the fan base then they should pick a better season to do it. As for students I wouldn't waste my time on those who are clearly from another part of the UK and almost certainly have their allegancies set by now. The younger generation point (city ones that is) I accept entirely though mate.

It's grim "up north"  I travel the country with work and it is striking just how much difference there is in property prices, wages and so on. I do think the prices can come down, but to expect the club to match the cost of clubs like Bradford or Huddersfield would be like asking Barratts or Charles Church to do the same for housing.

24 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

You don't think this season has been a shambles then ?

It depends on what you're judging things on.

New south stand, great facilities, and now we are finally picking up points.

This season I got my first season ticket, in the SS. I love the new stand, always have a pie and pint pre game (never used too), my ticket is a great price, and I've enjoyed watching the new stand go up. I've also tried the coffee shop (great cakes) and the Sports Bar & Grill (great food). 

Yes the football at times hasn't been great, but I've seen progress off the field with the club, something we've been very slow at in the past.

I was proud to bring my housemate who is a Boro fan to the gate, the result helped too, and with a few more wins I think a lower-mid table finish was probably a realistic target for a newly promoted team.

So no, I wouldn't say it's been a shambles because we've turned a poor recruitment period around to get some good players. Ups and downs but that's football!

21 minutes ago, Selred said:

Ridiculously cheap is good though. If it gets your grandchildren involved at an early age then the lifetime value of those customers makes up for it!

Getting involved with City wasn't an option, it was compulsory trust me.

The point I'm trying to make and I'm sure you and TM would understand is that in my view the tickets were too cheap.

I paid £300+ for my ticket, and £100 for the two seats next to me, average cost £130, if the seats were all priced at £200 I would have still bought them, cost £600, still cheap, increased income to club.

Not saying that every adult is accompanied by two children, but there are an awful lot of children at the games this season, and yes I'm sure it's because of the cheap tickets for some, but not all.

23 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

How can we expect to maintain inter-fan elitism if all the tickets are cheap? If the dolman elite can't sneer at the ateyo peasants they won't bother going. 

Yes, but next season they will be looked down on by the West Stand Elite.:blink:

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

It depends on what you're judging things on.

New south stand, great facilities, and now we are finally picking up points.

So no, I wouldn't say it's been a shambles because we've turned a poor recruitment period around to get some good players. Ups and downs but that's football!

Selred I didn't edit your post to dilute the argument just that I wanted to respond the points above.

I am judging the season on the whole shebang - pre season and current situation which has been awful and isn't (so far) made better for me simply by virtue of going on a semi decent run over a few games and finally getting hold of players who wanted to come here after so many public put downs. If we survive this season and do things properly next then maybe I can smile at the monumental balls up that someone at the club oversaw .

The South Stand isn't part of the equation in terms of judging the season's success or otherwise although I can see it would contribute towards some people's feelgood factor.

33 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I'm not sure many of my mates in the Masonic Colliers Lions Miners etc etc would consider themselves part of the wealthy Bristol set. If  Bristol Sport fancy doing an Arsenal and alienating that element of the fan base then they should pick a better season to do it. As for students I wouldn't waste my time on those who are clearly from another part of the UK and almost certainly have their allegancies set by now. The younger generation point (city ones that is) I accept entirely though mate.

I also have more friends that wouldn't consider themselves part of the wealthy Bristol set than those who do. However, it is an expensive city to live in and a wealthy city too there's no doubt about that. I wouldn't mind betting SL considers himself to be more the wealthy type of person and I think he wants to attract people in a similar bracket (not other billionaires just the wealthier or dare I say more posh types). I really hope that's not the route they choose to go down as like you've highlighted with Arsenal, it would alienate a very large proportion of the fan base. And yes I agree with the point about students already having their own team, but I know a number of people that enjoyed going to watch the local team whilst at uni on a fairly regular basis. I think if tickets were say £10/15 a fair few may just pop down for the odd game to get their fix of live football!

45 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Would never work with our fans. Perfect idea for a club content with not pushing on and achieving more than they currently have. 

Two games in to the season here and people would be booing as we hadn't signed £9m players and paid huge salaries...can't have it both ways. 

I'm sure you can find plenty of examples just on here where in one thread, someone is moaning about ticket prices whilst in another thread, lamenting the lack of ambition and failure to land Gray, Gayle, Clough, Pearson, Moyes, Owen, Curbishley, etc etc. 

This is the ambition that once again goe's down the cheaper management route still brings no one in after all the talk of once the loan period starts,City are charging  well over the odds for pay on the day prices (another bloody rip-off) ordinary walk in people who pay top dollar expect more for their money than a totally one sided 4-0 hiding ..Pay £15 a match tops or do a Huddersfield and slash season ticket prices where on earth Lansdown expects 20,000 season ticket holders to spring from new ground or not God knows ? , its mainly pay a cheaper price and take your chance of a decent game even if City don't win but get more fans old and new in because its affordable or being fed this corporate bulls##t and spin which all this Bristol Sport thing is about empty words get your flash boxes and directors lounge clubs packed but remember its grass roots support that makes football tick drive away more ordinary fans who can't afford the prices and all those bright new seats will be half empty.  

42 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Selred I didn't edit your post to dilute the argument just that I wanted to respond the points above.

I am judging the season on the whole shebang - pre season and current situation which has been awful and isn't (so far) made better for me simply by virtue of going on a semi decent run over a few games and finally getting hold of players who wanted to come here after so many public put downs. If we survive this season and do things properly next then maybe I can smile at the monumental balls up that someone at the club oversaw .

The South Stand isn't part of the equation in terms of judging the season's success or otherwise although I can see it would contribute towards some people's feelgood factor.

The current point of the season isn't awful at all. We are now 8 points clear of the relegation zone and 8 off mid table. Pre season was an absolute shambles I grant you. But going for the likes of Gayle and Grey meant our estimations were too high for the season.

Granted I wish we could of been in a lot better position, I was hoping for the play offs to be honest. But now compared to December I'm a lot happier. 

Id hope people can see past our bad half and we can turn opinions around to keep season ticket holders for next season. 

2 hours ago, grove park city said:

This is the ambition that once again goe's down the cheaper management route still brings no one in after all the talk of once the loan period starts,City are charging  well over the odds for pay on the day prices (another bloody rip-off) ordinary walk in people who pay top dollar expect more for their money than a totally one sided 4-0 hiding ..Pay £15 a match tops or do a Huddersfield and slash season ticket prices where on earth Lansdown expects 20,000 season ticket holders to spring from new ground or not God knows ? , its mainly pay a cheaper price and take your chance of a decent game even if City don't win but get more fans old and new in because its affordable or being fed this corporate bulls##t and spin which all this Bristol Sport thing is about empty words get your flash boxes and directors lounge clubs packed but remember its grass roots support that makes football tick drive away more ordinary fans who can't afford the prices and all those bright new seats will be half empty.  

Season tickets now are pretty much the same price as they were almost 10 years ago for the average adult fan.

On the one hand we want a new stadium, better facilities, top name players on big wages, a bigger squad, better academy, and for some bizarre reason expect to be an established Championship outfit having only just been promoted from Division 3 (where we've spent the majority of our more than century long existence, I might add).

On the other we're saying we're being priced out of attending. Well we can't have it both ways. We're not Manchester United, Barcelona or any other club whose gate receipts are only a minor part of their income. 

We are a club with a small hardcore fan base, and without match day revenue we simply cannot attempt to meet the expectations of our fans, who are some of the most fickle and deluded in existence anywhere.

I'm all for clubs giving something back to the fans through reduced ticket prices, and I'd love to see it, but you can't expect that on the one hand and also spout your vitriol about cheap managers and not getting beaten handsomely (by a considerably better team) with considerably higher revenue (and thus likely considerably higher wage budget).

Gone are the days of just pumping endless millions into the club from SL, we have to be able to survive on revenues.

Huddersfield Town are probably as good an example as you will find of a club who are content with their place in the world. They realistically know the likelihood of them being a sustainable premier league team is slim, and they're not a club who are likely to be making a serious challenge to get out of this division.

Unfortunately, our fans have an (at times) ridiculous sense of entitlement, and expect that as a minimum we are competitive enough to potentially get out of the Championship. Do you genuinely think that's going to happen with ticket prices slashed and revenues down?

It's a difficult thing to find the balance of ticket prices that maximise revenues, but do you realistically think that it's something the club don't think about? I imagine they have a pretty good idea of the sort of attendances they can expect at various pricing levels, and if total revenue were likely to increase by reducing prices (the argument touted by those who want prices slashed) do you not think they will do so? 

I hardly think the club will deliberately do themselves out of maximising revenue just to keep prices high.

9 hours ago, RedM said:

It means, granted I didn't have the time to explain it well, if you are trying to push a Premium product, corporate boxes, hospitality packages you have to sell a brand as such, just like Apple, etc do. To get business people to invest in this they have to feel they are getting a premium product, that usually means paying out top dollar. People who  buy an expensive Apple phone wouldn't want Apple releasing a budget brand would they.

just my opinion, why the club won't do it. If we were going to go that we would have redeveloped the stadium on the cheap, we haven't so we won't. Hope I am wrong.

Have to disagree with this. The "premium brand" philosophy of Apple is not a good comparison for a football team, which will always need its core, primarily working class fan base in addition to the corporate market.

You know what would really "dilute the brand"? A half empty stadium and entire blocks of empty red seats. The corporate market will want to be associated with a successful product, and that means entertaining their guests in a full stadium and a good team, not a half empty one and a poor one.

If Rovers were to do this for their new stadium then it would have a long term impact on City much further down the line and level the playing field somewhat  in terms of overall support.

Get a youngster in on a cheap ticket and you potentially have a fan for life. It's simple but strategic.

City need to think ahead, but something tells me the board only think about next season and not 10 years down the line.

I think there are a couple of things to consider:

1) does reducing a ST price result in greater sales, greater match day revenues (pies and pints etc), weighed up against the revenues, costs and profit margins expected? It's not as simple as 15k ST holders at £400 each vs 20k at £300 is it.

Personally I'd like to see the ground full every week.

2) relegation is still a threat....can the club price the way it's wants too at this stage.  Supply and Demand will be a big consideration.

Could you offer a £400 ST under the following options:

a. £300 now plus £100 in May if / when we stay up up.  If we go down then nothing extra to pay.

b. £350 now irrespectively 

c. Wait and see....Champ £425, League One £275

Dont worry too much about the prices, just stating that there are then options for those who want to commit now, and those that want to wait and see.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Have to disagree with this. The "premium brand" philosophy of Apple is not a good comparison for a football team, which will always need its core, primarily working class fan base in addition to the corporate market.

You know what would really "dilute the brand"? A half empty stadium and entire blocks of empty red seats. The corporate market will want to be associated with a successful product, and that means entertaining their guests in a full stadium and a good team, not a half empty one and a poor one.

Yes, while I can see that I will also say you can't give the majority of fans tickets priced on one end of the scale and then demand really top prices for corporate boxes. ST £250 so Boxes £7,000 or ST £500 Boxes £14,000?

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes, while I can see that I will also say you can't give the majority of fans tickets priced on one end of the scale and then demand really top prices for corporate boxes. ST £250 so Boxes £7,000 or ST £500 Boxes £14,000?

Of course you can. Two entirely different markets, with very different benefits, for a very different customer.

You price the product according to a) what the customer can afford to pay and b) what the product is worth to the customer. Your average season ticket holder can't afford much more than £400. Your average corporate sponsor can shell out £7-14k in a heartbeat, especially if they believe they it will generate more revenue for their business than it costs them to have it. The ordinary season ticket price is almost irrelevant to a corporate customer.

6 hours ago, grove park city said:

where on earth Lansdown expects 20,000 season ticket holders to spring from new ground or not God knows ? 

From the 40,000 that went to watch us at Wembley less than a year ago to start with, I would think. Good place to start

My nephew wants to come to the Cardiff game. He is 15 and recently really getting into City. He's a big Arsenal fan but he is getting more into us. But looked at the prices and it's 50 quid for me and him to attend one game. 50 bloody quid. Then you have to add on travel and food and drinks and that's 80 quid for a couple of hours. Really doesn't seem value for money. I can do a lot more with 80 quid than go to a football game.

Whatever happened to the quid a kid that we used to do? 

When I first started going to City in 1997 it was about a fiver POTD and that for me hooked. 

We really do need to make tickets more competitive. Although granted I understand with a reduced capacity it wouldn't make sense to reduce prices whilst we are pretty much selling out.

3 minutes ago, Just Red said:

My nephew wants to come to the Cardiff game. He is 15 and recently really getting into City. He's a big Arsenal fan but he is getting more into us. But looked at the prices and it's 50 quid for me and him to attend one game. 50 bloody quid. Then you have to add on travel and food and drinks and that's 80 quid for a couple of hours. Really doesn't seem value for money. I can do a lot more with 80 quid than go to a football game.

Whatever happened to the quid a kid that we used to do? 

When I first started going to City in 1997 it was about a fiver POTD and that for me hooked. 

We really do need to make tickets more competitive. Although granted I understand with a reduced capacity it wouldn't make sense to reduce prices whilst we are pretty much selling out.

You don't have to "add on the price of food and drinks." If you don't go to the game, you will still eat and drink. My recommendation is to have a good, hearty brunch before setting off, containing enough whole grains and some protein to keep you both feeling fuller for longer, and make yourself a cheese sandwich to take and eat at halftime. Also, hydrate well before setting off. That'll save you a fair few quid.

:yes:

47 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Indeed. People always talk about food and drink as if it's an unavoidable expenditure on a day out. Whatever happened to the humble packed lunch?!

I probably travel further than the average fan and I can easily avoid buying food by eating before I go and when I get back.

Just Red is right, 50 quid before you have even set foot outside of the house for an adult and young'un to watch 90 mins of Championship football is scandalous. Travel is an unavoidable cost so that adds on at least a five or ten sheet to the day, and the food/drink argument i disagree with aswell.. You should be able to have a beer or two and a bite to eat without worrying about £.

Really Annoys me when people try to defend the price of Football, its a disgrace and long may the trend of what Huddersfield have done continue.

I paid 429 per ticket for 2 so 860 quid roughly. While its value for money compared to POTD, it is still quite expensive and after this year and our up in the air status in this league(looking good but not set in stone) I would question paying it again. There was demand this season and not much supply. That changes next season and I feel prices should reflect that. Now I don't think they should be 175 but 300 is more than enough.

Personally the food and drink is part of the experience. A few pints and a KFC is what I have been doing for years. Travel is a tenner so even before setting foot out of the door that is 60 quid. 

The question I keep asking myself is what else can I do with £80? That's about 6 weeks worth of petrol, 2 weeks food shopping, all for 90 mins of football. 

I will probably pay it but now a days as I feel it's not value for money I only attend every now and then. 

£15-20 potd and a couple of quid for the kiddies is pretty reasonable imo.

8 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Season tickets now are pretty much the same price as they were almost 10 years ago for the average adult fan.

On the one hand we want a new stadium, better facilities, top name players on big wages, a bigger squad, better academy, and for some bizarre reason expect to be an established Championship outfit having only just been promoted from Division 3 (where we've spent the majority of our more than century long existence, I might add).

On the other we're saying we're being priced out of attending. Well we can't have it both ways. We're not Manchester United, Barcelona or any other club whose gate receipts are only a minor part of their income. 

We are a club with a small hardcore fan base, and without match day revenue we simply cannot attempt to meet the expectations of our fans, who are some of the most fickle and deluded in existence anywhere.

I'm all for clubs giving something back to the fans through reduced ticket prices, and I'd love to see it, but you can't expect that on the one hand and also spout your vitriol about cheap managers and not getting beaten handsomely (by a considerably better team) with considerably higher revenue (and thus likely considerably higher wage budget).

Gone are the days of just pumping endless millions into the club from SL, we have to be able to survive on revenues.

Huddersfield Town are probably as good an example as you will find of a club who are content with their place in the world. They realistically know the likelihood of them being a sustainable premier league team is slim, and they're not a club who are likely to be making a serious challenge to get out of this division.

Unfortunately, our fans have an (at times) ridiculous sense of entitlement, and expect that as a minimum we are competitive enough to potentially get out of the Championship. Do you genuinely think that's going to happen with ticket prices slashed and revenues down?

It's a difficult thing to find the balance of ticket prices that maximise revenues, but do you realistically think that it's something the club don't think about? I imagine they have a pretty good idea of the sort of attendances they can expect at various pricing levels, and if total revenue were likely to increase by reducing prices (the argument touted by those who want prices slashed) do you not think they will do so? 

I hardly think the club will deliberately do themselves out of maximising revenue just to keep prices high.

Some very valid points there fella...

I think the test will come, if we become a mid table team in this division for say the next 5 seasons.

People will have got used to the stadium, used to the Championship...are we going to have 20,000 week in week out...I really don't see it myself.

That's presuming we stay up....fingers crossed :-)

Archived