IGNORED

Yaya Sanogo

CiderHeadDan

Just the type of Signing we need in my opinion.

Admittedly it was only one game however, the Charlton fans seem to rave on about how good he was for them yesterday and how he was a very complete player at this level. As I see it, Charlton will get relegated this season and I think we'll stay up comfortably. He scored 2 goals yesterday (admittedly, 1 could be claimed as an own goal) and is very highly regarded by Wenger at Arsenal. Feel like this type of player could be beneficial to us next season if we look to push on. Wilbraham might have 1 more season as a sub next season but I think we need a 1st team player who can be a target man and also play within our style. Would be a loan if he did come so will be a cheaper option to the likes of Matt smith and arguably a better player too.

Thoughts?

I believe Arsene is one of the best in the game and he obviously has high hopes for the kid. You have to remember the premiership is a totally different game to the championship. The same could have been said about Wilbraham's goal scoring record before he joined us in league 1, but its what they bring to the team. Just an alternative option I thought I'd put forward as Is a vacancy we need to fill.

12 minutes ago, CiderHeadDan said:

I believe Arsene is one of the best in the game and he obviously has high hopes for the kid. You have to remember the premiership is a totally different game to the championship. The same could have been said about Wilbraham's goal scoring record before he joined us in league 1, but its what they bring to the team. Just an alternative option I thought I'd put forward as Is a vacancy we need to fill.

Fair play mate - lots of people quick to criticise without offering alternatives.

And as you said, Arsene is pretty cool at identifying potential in players. Many questioned his signing of Thierry Henry but when he converted him from a winger to a striker, the rest is history.

And no one had heard of Fabregas when he got him in as a youngster, the rest is history.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play mate - lots of people quick to criticise without offering alternatives.

And as you said, Arsene is pretty cool at identifying potential in players. Many questioned his signing of Thierry Henry but when he converted him from a winger to a striker, the rest is history.

And no one had heard of Fabregas when he got him in as a youngster, the rest is history.

Exactly mate, you don't what they can do at this level until you give them a go. There aren't many players in the mold of a young target man who can also play with their feet. Thought I'd just put a suggestion out there of someone who could have big potential.

8 minutes ago, CiderHeadDan said:

Exactly mate, you don't what they can do at this level until you give them a go. There aren't many players in the mold of a young target man who can also play with their feet. Thought I'd just put a suggestion out there of someone who could have big potential.

Yep, you made a good point about Wilbs too, we took a chance on him and he came through with flying colours despite his previous recent record...

33 minutes ago, CiderHeadDan said:

The blokes a ******* clown, he arguably has more resources than any other manager in the premier league but makes the same mistakes year on year, he's more stubborn than Cotts.... Can't quite believe he's still at Arse to be fair!!

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Arsene Wenger being praised on this thread, the guy who only played Coquelin because he had one million players injured. Only played Bellerin due to injuries. Now realises both are good enough. Keeps giving Flamini game time. Refuses to buy a top striker. 

Quality manager.....

Are you Gary Neville?

He used to be on Wenger's case all the time, but I think he's found out how hard it actually is now..

Saw him live in the Arsenal v Galatasary match of the 2013 Emirates Cup (Joe's first football match - bit plusher than the corrugated roof on the wheelchair Atyeo!).

Thought he looked decent technically, but a lad who hadn't grown into his body, I.e. A bit awkward and not strong on the ball.

When he signed for Charlton there was a bit made of the fact that he hadn't scored in a year....well, he's changed that.

43 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Are you Gary Neville?

He used to be on Wenger's case all the time, but I think he's found out how hard it actually is now..

Cos he team has won four on the trot?

are you an Arsenal fan, blind to Wenger's failings? How can he just stumble across solutions accidentally. He sees these players every day 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

are you an Arsenal fan, blind to Wenger's failings? How can he just stumble across solutions accidentally. He sees these players every day 

No, I'm a City fan.

I just think lots of the media are on his back far too often, when he goes (I think it may be at the end of the season if they don't win the league) people will then re-evaluate his incredible legacy, as his track record of signings and decisions is excellent overall.

In football terms the BBC in particular is so North West centric these days it should be renamed BBC Manchester.

17 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Well Valencia lost 0-3 at home earlier so at the moment neville's winning streak is... 0.

Wenger is rightly well respected in the game. But sometimes he is overly stubborn towards his philosophy of development rather than being willing to splash the cash.

31 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Well Valencia lost 0-3 at home earlier so at the moment neville's winning streak is... 0.

Wenger is rightly well respected in the game. But sometimes he is overly stubborn towards his philosophy of development rather than being willing to splash the cash.

His philosophy of development being he can't notice quality youth players at his own club?

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

His philosophy of development being he can't notice quality youth players at his own club?

Oh come on Dave. You're starting to sound dangerously anti Wenger here. If there's one thing he's not, it's anti youth. Frustratingly stubborn, yes. Obvious to youth, definitely not. 

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Bit harsh considering for years everyone raved about the fact they were such a young team playing beautiful football.

What I actually meant is he would rather spend £10 million on a raw unproven player (the likes of ramsay, Walcott, ox etc) and try and develop them into world class players than buy messi/Neymar/Ronaldo. In fact I'd go as far to say that he only really purchased sanchez and ozil to appease the fans when the natives got restless. 

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh come on Dave. You're starting to sound dangerously anti Wenger here. If there's one thing he's not, it's anti youth. Frustratingly stubborn, yes. Obvious to youth, definitely not. 

It's a fact that he played Bellerin before he thought he was ready and didn't think Coquelin would ever be ready.  Two big errors. Not anti Wenger. Anti unjust praise.

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It's a fact that he played Bellerin before he thought he was ready and didn't think Coquelin would ever be ready.  Two big errors. Not anti Wenger. Anti unjust praise.

That's a horrific lie about Coquelin, Wenger said he knew he'd play in the first team he just needed some time on loan

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

But while things are going along "okay", there is no need to try a young player unless as has happened & injuries mean he has to give them a go!!

Look at Utd now, Rashford scores 4 goals in 2 games & all of a sudden RVG is a master technician but the truth of being is that if Martial & Rooney hadn't got injured & the fact that we aren't in a transfer window it means he's had to throw him in, the same with a few others that have made their 1st team debuts over the last week or so there!!

And all of a sudden the Utd fans are chanting "RVG Red n' white army"!!

Sometimes things are forced upon managers & they strike it lucky, if ZV had done well against Brighton there would of been people on here commenting what a master stroke it would have been but it didn't work out that way!!

It is very un-often that a youngster is played because they are a pure talent, 9 times out of 10 it will be because of an injury crisis as managers won't need to throw them in if they are on a winning run & very unlikely they'll throw them in if they are on a bad run or in a relegation dog fight due to not wanting to throw them into the lions den!!

There is always a huge part that is played by luck that can either make or break a young player & for that matter a manager too!!

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Lot of People on here defending someone who hasn't won the Premier League for decade and never won the Champions League.

But has singled handedly paid for a 60,000 seater stadium while making the club sustainable. There aren't many managers who can touch him in terms of success. 

Archived