IGNORED

Yaya Sanogo

CiderHeadDan

16 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

You've now made your massive factual error twice. You may want to do a quick bit of research here. There's a pretty significant reason why Lakshmi Mittal's personal fortune has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on Arsenal's financial situation.

Mate to be honest I've got better things to do with my time then to research info for a post on a forum that really doesn't mean that much to me... Enjoy your weekend.

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Mate to be honest I've got better things to do with my time then to research info for a post on a forum that really doesn't mean that much to me... Enjoy your weekend.

Just research Mittal/Arsenal and QPR.

I hear that a certain Steve L is worth a bob or two, but I am not sure how that might help Arsenal.

Enjoy your weekend.

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Fair enough.  But if your time is so precious, I'd probably advise against using it posting on subjects you literally don't know the most basic facts about on internet forums.  The simple fact is that all you've done here is waded into a debate and made an error so elementary it completely invalidates your point and makes you look a bit of an ignorant chump.

Enjoy your weekend too. 

14 hours ago, RedDave said:

An eye for a player is much more important.  This is something that Wenger used to have.  Think Vieira, Petit, Henry, Pires.

For the last few seasons see Mertesacker, Campbell, Giroud etc for his ability to find a player now.

I don't get the criticism of Giroud, have you seen his goal scoring record? 53 goals in 118 games for Wenger....yet you criticise that?!

And he doesn't start every game, in the Premier League that is an awesome return....

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't get the criticism of Giroud, have you seen his goal scoring record? 53 goals in 118 games for Wenger....yet you criticise that?!

And he doesn't start every game, in the Premier League that is an awesome return....

Everyone can bring out stats to prove something one way or another.  He goes on goal droughts and also doesn't usually perform in the big important games.

He is a great striker for them to have as a back up but if they want to win the league or the Champions League then they need better than Giroud.

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Arrogant AND rude. Nice guy. 

Sorry.  The truth is I just got exasperated with you.  But that was arrogant and rude of me and I apologise.

The thing is, if you do want your question answered, the simple fact of the matter is we all know in reality Wenger is never going to come here.  He's one of the top ten manager of all time for number of English championships won, joint winner of the most FA Cups of any manager ever and the second most successful manager in this country in terms of trophies won over the past quarter century.  There is no set of circumstances where Wenger will come to Bristol City because he'll get much better offers.  It therefore seems a bit daft to speculate on what his emotional state'll be when he takes a job that he isn't ever going to take.  

33 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Sorry.  The truth is I just got exasperated with you.  But that was arrogant and rude of me and I apologise.

The thing is, if you do want your question answered, the simple fact of the matter is we all know in reality Wenger is never going to come here.  He's one of the top ten manager of all time for number of English championships won, joint winner of the most FA Cups of any manager ever and the second most successful manager in this country in terms of trophies won over the past quarter century.  There is no set of circumstances where Wenger will come to Bristol City because he'll get much better offers.  It therefore seems a bit daft to speculate on what his emotional state'll be when he takes a job that he isn't ever going to take.  

My view on this thread is that Wenger was great but no he isn't and hasn't been for a few years. He's lost the plot and, rightly, a lot of Arsenal fans want him out. 

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

My view on this thread is that Wenger was great but no he isn't and hasn't been for a few years. He's lost the plot and, rightly, a lot of Arsenal fans want him out. 

I agree. Those who back Wenger I think hark back to his previous successes. He was undoubtedly a game changer and undoubtedly was first class. He still has achieved good things with what he has at his disposal. 

However I think the development and the money in the game has now passed him by and he's testing the limits as to how far his past successes can carry him. 

Hes also a terrible sportsman more petulant than SC could ever wish to be. 

I think the time has passed for him and Arsenal to pass amicably and he's overstaying his welcome; his own fault and the board's for their lassez-faire attitude to his and the club's failure to kick on from CL qualification aspirations. 

Wenger was a game changer, was a superb manager and was great for the development of the EPL; but he is risking his legacy. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Everyone can bring out stats to prove something one way or another.  He goes on goal droughts and also doesn't usually perform in the big important games.

He is a great striker for them to have as a back up but if they want to win the league or the Champions League then they need better than Giroud.

Doesn't perform in the big games? He's scored important goals for his country including away against Spain for France in a 1-1 draw and in addition to his impressive goal tally in the premier league for Arsenal (including two away at Liverpool this year) he's scored three times in three games against Bayern Munich in the Champions League, against Fenerbahce in the CL, against Napoli in the CL, against Dortmund in the CL, against Monaco in the CL, a hatrick away at Olympiakos in the CL....etc etc...

Yep he doesn't perform in big games...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Doesn't perform in the big games? He's scored important goals for his country including away against Spain for France in a 1-1 draw and in addition to his impressive goal tally in the premier league for Arsenal (including two away at Liverpool this year) he's scored three times in three games against Bayern Munich in the Champions League, against Fenerbahce in the CL, against Napoli in the CL, against Dortmund in the CL, against Monaco in the CL, a hatrick away at Olympiakos in the CL....etc etc...

Yep he doesn't perform in big games...

Hahaha you are funny.  Just pick out the games he has scored in then and ignore all the ones he hasn't!!  I didn't say he has NEVER scored in big games.

if you add together all of his Champions League goals and his goals against the 'big' clubs in the Premier League then his ratio is 1 goal every 4 games.  In my mind, that is not good enough for a supposed top striker.   You obviously disagree.  1 in 4.

Furthermore, he goes 6,7,8 games without scoring which goes back to my point about consistency.  

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

Hahaha you are funny.  Just pick out the games he has scored in then and ignore all the ones he hasn't!!  I didn't say he has NEVER scored in big games.

if you add together all of his Champions League goals and his goals against the 'big' clubs in the Premier League then his ratio is 1 goal every 4 games.  In my mind, that is not good enough for a supposed top striker.   You obviously disagree.  1 in 4.

Furthermore, he goes 6,7,8 games without scoring which goes back to my point about consistency.  

HaHaHaHa you are amusing. You used Giroud as an example of how Wenger has lost the ability to 'find' a player.

In the last 9 seasons Giroud has scored:

14 goals in 34 appearances

13 in 26

23 in 41

14 in 43

25 in 42

17 in 47

22 in 51

19 in 36

and 18 in 30 so far this season.

And all that includes 12 goals in 26 Champions League games.

And Giroud doesn't start every game, far from it.

Overrall for Arsenal - 76 goals in 164 games

Overall in career - 167 goals in 375 games

You don't think any of that is impressive?!

I'll say it again, he is often used as a sub yet his record is a goal every 2.2 games in the Champions League and a goal every 2.1 games overall for Arsenal. If you just looked at his record in games he started or played 90 minutes it's even more impressive.

He can only score against teams he plays against, so can't see your 'he only scores 1 in 4' stat being accurate or relevant.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What are all the Wenger lovers saying now?  Is he still a good manager?  

Giroud did well today as well!   Substituted when they desperately needed a goal.

I'll bite, yep he's a good manager, longest serving manager in Europe, won the FA Cup for the last two seasons, got into the knockout phase of the Champions League for the last 17 seasons or so.....

And your anti-Giroud agenda is embarrassing, he's a 1 goal in 2 games striker, and has consistently shown that...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'll bite, yep he's a good manager, longest serving manager in Europe, won the FA Cup for the last two seasons, got into the knockout phase of the Champions League for the last 17 seasons or so.....

And your anti-Giroud agenda is embarrassing, he's a 1 goal in 2 games striker, and has consistently shown that...

How can you call my agenda embarrassing if you don't understand it?  Or my Wenger agenda come to that.

Wenger WAS a great manager.  He isn't now. 

Giroud IS a very good striker.  He isn't, however, a good enough striker to lead a team to the title.  

14 hours ago, RedDave said:

How can you call my agenda embarrassing if you don't understand it?  Or my Wenger agenda come to that.

Wenger WAS a great manager.  He isn't now. 

Giroud IS a very good striker.  He isn't, however, a good enough striker to lead a team to the title.  

Is mourinho no longer a good manager too?

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

Is mourinho no longer a good manager too?

How can we judge?, he is out of work, there is no evidence one way or the other.

We can ask the same question about LVG, Manu should be sponsored by Johnstones paint because they are like watching paint dry under him, no shots on target in the 1st 45 minutes yesterday again, but he may still be a good manager at the right club, as might Mourinho as might Wenger, but I agree with RedDave his time at Arsenal is almost certainly done IMHO.

41 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How can we judge?, he is out of work, there is no evidence one way or the other.

We can ask the same question about LVG, Manu should be sponsored by Johnstones paint because they are like watching paint dry under him, no shots on target in the 1st 45 minutes yesterday again, but he may still be a good manager at the right club, as might Mourinho as might Wenger, but I agree with RedDave his time at Arsenal is almost certainly done IMHO.

You can judge his last job, taking Chelsea to bottom half premier league.

30 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It's frustrating to be sent such a ridiculous comment.  He won the Premier League last season.  

If you think that a couple of FA cups is acceptable for such a huge budget then I cannot help you.  

It's frustrating to have to send such a comment to start. Wenger has competed with Mourihno/Pellegrini/Van Gaal/Ferguson/Mancini and the rest of the Chelsea and Man City managers while spending a fraction of what they did. Let's remember that Arsenal were an incosistant top half/mid table side before Wenger came in, even his least successful seasons have been better than the few years before him.

Amazing that in 2016 people are still defending Wenger, a manager who in 11 years would have won just TWO trophies. People on here were pulling their hair out because Cotterill was so frustrating in his inability to change his tactics, formation or personnel, now imagine being an Arsenal fan with Wenger in charge. From 2006 onwards he's bought powder-puff players in the likes of Walcott, Chamberlain and Ramsey, the same tactic and style of play every single game with no regard who the opposition was home or away.

Gary Neville nailed it on Monday Night Football a few months ago, I can't find the full clip but here's a snippet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU_zELqXJn4

23 minutes ago, City169 said:

You can judge his last job, taking Chelsea to bottom half premier league.

It's frustrating to have to send such a comment to start. Wenger has competed with Mourihno/Pellegrini/Van Gaal/Ferguson/Mancini and the rest of the Chelsea and Man City managers while spending a fraction of what they did. Let's remember that Arsenal were an incosistant top half/mid table side before Wenger came in, even his least successful seasons have been better than the few years before him.

You say he has competed with these managers, I say that he has fallen short of these managers, apart from Van Gaal.  All of those others have won recent Premier League titles.  Arsene Wenger hasn't even really come close for ages.  Instead he has finished below Leicester and Spurs this season and Liverpool a couple of seasons ago.  

He chose to not spend his transfer budget.  He chose to put faith into players like Mertesacker, Giroud, Flamini etc instead.  Those were his decisions as manager.  

I don't forget that he transformed Arsenal.  For the fifth time I will stress than my issue is his performance over the last few seasons.  Again, he was a great manager and now he is not.  

Archived