IGNORED

WBA & Sunderland interested in Flinty

CyderInACan

On behalf of Flinty 'Fluck Off Tiny Plulis/ Fluck Off Sun-der-land, you ain't getting meeee'

I had to be really careful there as I can swerve the swear filter. Hope I haven't offended but I guess you know the song anyway :clapping:

And Mr Lansdown, Sir, Mr Ashton, Mr Burt or Lee J himself, if you do read this DO NOT consider selling, you will have a mutuny on your hands. Well me, @Dollymarieand @Strawberry2157.to deal with anyway! :boxing:

And 2m is an insult anyway.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

On behalf of Flinty 'Fluck Off Tiny Plulis/ Fluck Off Sun-der-land, you ain't getting meeee'

I had to be really careful there as I can swerve the swear filter. Hope I haven't offended but I guess you know the song anyway :clapping:

And Mr Lansdown, Sir, Mr Ashton, Mr Burt or Lee J himself, if you do read this DO NOT consider selling, you will have a mutuny on your hands. Well me, @Dollymarieand @Strawberry2157.to deal with anyway! :boxing:

Despite what is written on the other post I have no doubts he can do a v good job in the Prem. He is a dominant figure and I am not sure how some say he lacks speed - a number of his interventions are lightening quick and for a centre half he is not sluggish and is excellent at early intervention - a much more clever footballer than many give him credit for.

Sell - no

2m - def no

Extra year on contract and to give him a way out next year if we don't perform as hoped.

Very handy in both boxes. Good recent form. I'm not surprised Premier League teams are showing an interest. He still has a couple of years to fully develop all aspects of his game. Most centre backs are not fully accomplished until around the age of 28 IMO. He can still get better.

28 minutes ago, RedM said:

MAN THE GATES LADIES!!!!! :bruce_h4h::nono:

Mings went from Ipswich to Bournemouth for £8m, I think. WBA paid £8m forJames Chester last summer. Too much for Flinty but we want to be getting more than £2m for a Championship centre half with goals in him. It'll take us 6 years to find a good enough replacement (probably)

19 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Mings went from Ipswich to Bournemouth for £8m, I think. WBA paid £8m forJames Chester last summer. Too much for Flinty but we want to be getting more than £2m for a Championship centre half with goals in him. It'll take us 6 years to find a good enough replacement (probably)

£2M is a fire sale bid.  If either team is serious and they reckon Flint can be their regular centre half then £4M or £5M would give us a difficult decision in current circumstances.

As you say @Jack Dawe we won't replace him easily or quickly.

He would definitely suit the style of play of a Tony Pulis team. At least this story is different as usually we have rumours that Everton is interested in a city player (why Everton?) In the online poll 54% of WBA fans thought he would be a good signing. I voted "no" as I don't want the fans to start clamouring for his signing. Perhaps all city fans should vote "no", though I'm not sure Tony Pulis would take any notice. 

James Chester went for £8m to WBA. Flinty has to be worth the £4-£5m mark. 

The Mirror journalist obviously hasn't done his research properly and checked that Flinty signed a contract extension until 2019. He has 3 years left on his contract. Not 2 as reported. 

29 minutes ago, Kezman said:

James Chester went for £8m to WBA. Flinty has to be worth the £4-£5m mark. 

The Mirror journalist obviously hasn't done his research properly and checked that Flinty signed a contract extension until 2019. He has 3 years left on his contract. Not 2 as reported. 

Whatever we valued Harry Maguire at when we reportedly bid for him in the summer, should be where we set our minimum sale price. If we were prepared to pay £4M or £5M for him, we shouldn't entertain anyone getting Flint for less.

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Will Total ***** still be in charge at WBA beyond the end of the season?

Good point, maybe he is just trying to save his skin by trying the 'look who I've got lined up' card?

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I wish Someone would insult me with 2 m . :sign09:

Archived