IGNORED

WBA & Sunderland interested in Flinty

CyderInACan

The only thing I would worry about is our history of negotiating sales of our best players, we never seems to get top value for our players. Baldock wasn't sold for a huge amount if I remember correctly for a top scorer in the division when you then look at how much other players go for in that divioson, how much was it for Washington? Or at least rumoured can't remember if he did move in the end.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

The only thing I would worry about is our history of negotiating sales of our best players, we never seems to get top value for our players. Baldock wasn't sold for a huge amount if I remember correctly for a top scorer in the division when you then look at how much other players go for in that divioson, how much was it for Washington? Or at least rumoured can't remember if he did move in the end.

Thought we got a pretty good deal with Baldock?

Also we sold Cotteril for £2m which turned out to be decent at the time as people were saying it was too low for a player good enough for the Prem. He has played most of his career in the Championship.

Probably in minority but think £2m for a player who is only just starting to look reasonable at this level is a fair price right now. Maybe he will go on to be a top player in this league but I'm not sure.

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I apologise, I fear my thread has alerted these 2 clubs to the existence of Big Flint - never doubt the powers of the Net......!

Perhaps now is the time to start a " is El Abd good enough for the prem" thread.:whistle: 

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Whatever we valued Harry Maguire at when we reportedly bid for him in the summer, should be where we set our minimum sale price. If we were prepared to pay £4M or £5M for him, we shouldn't entertain anyone getting Flint for less.

Hull paid £2.5 million to League One Sheff U for Maguire.

I see Flint as a more valuable asset for sure: C'ship experience, goals, coming into his prime age-wise, and has 3 years left on his contract...

£4.5 million and above for me.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Good point, maybe he is just trying to save his skin by trying the 'look who I've got lined up' card?

Perhaps. Not sure I'd be too impressed by the prospect of signing a centre half with 30-odd Championship appearances to his name were I a Baggie but who knows. I know a few Baggies fans and they're certainly pretty fed up of him but I have no idea what the majority think.

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

Gutted if he does go, but ultimately with success players get noticed.

I'm struggling to think of the last centre back we have had, with the years left in him and the potential to go on and play at a higher level...  Danny Coles? Fontaine? <shudders>

Matt Hill possibly. Richard Keogh, although he didn't directly move to Derby from us. Same league obviously but the top half.

Defo worth more than £2mill. But I don't think it would be too hard to replace him.

As a fan I love him to bits, amazing passion and commitment. But as a player he all too often lumps long balls forward which don't really get us anywhere. Also, his positioning isn't always fantastic. 

I'd be gutted if he left, but if we got £5mill+, I think it would be fairly straightforward to replace him.....although probably the only definite thing about a replacement would be they would not be as tall!

Archived