IGNORED

Bryan in the middle

Redcliffe1990

I thought Bryan played well in the middle against Forest, a relatively unfamiliar position for him however he looked comfortable and I've admired his ability to get stuck in coupled with his creative output for a while now. It showed a bit of Johnson's imagination and awareness also. Impressed, would like to see him do it again.

5 minutes ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

I thought Bryan played well in the middle against Forest, a relatively unfamiliar position for him however he looked comfortable and I've admired his ability to get stuck in coupled with his creative output for a while now. It showed a bit of Johnson's imagination and awareness also. Impressed, would like to see him do it again.

When it works it's imagination and awareness. When it doesn't it's square pegs in round holes...

Looking forward to seeing JB in CM however.

17 minutes ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

He played there against Ipswich away back in September, had a good game that day as well.

Bryan is a very versatile all round footballer. He has all the skills to play at full back, wing back and central midfield. He will only improve and it'll be just a matter of time before he gets a PL contract. When that happens he'll impress everyone and be on the fringe of International honours. Remember he's still only a young lad. 

Add to his natural skills, his ability to see passes and know when to play them add up to an itellegent player. It's that "footballing intelligence" that separates the lower league players to those who play in the PL. 

32 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He can run, pass, tackle, head a ball and has a decent finish on him. There is no reason why he couldn't be a very good central midfielder.

He obviously lacked confidence at the start of the season but hopefully after a few decent performances he will be back to the player we know he can be.

And he says he enjoys playing there. Is this the beginning of a permanent move out wide for LF?

54 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He can run, pass, tackle, head a ball and has a decent finish on him. There is no reason why he couldn't be a very good central midfielder.

He obviously lacked confidence at the start of the season but hopefully after a few decent performances he will be back to the player we know he can be.

I think this was due to the huge 'challenge' he received in the first game against Sheffield Wednesday - it took him several games to recover his confidence.

A friend of mine was at Forest, who played with Joe for a few years coming up through the academy, when he was fulfilling that role.  Told me it was the best game he'd seen him play for the first team and was the first time he had the sense he could really become the sort of player that everybody expected him to be when he was rising through the ranks.  

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

Bryan is a very versatile all round footballer. He has all the skills to play at full back, wing back and central midfield. He will only improve and it'll be just a matter of time before he gets a PL contract. When that happens he'll impress everyone and be on the fringe of International honours. Remember he's still only a young lad. 

Add to his natural skills, his ability to see passes and know when to play them add up to an itellegent player. It's that "footballing intelligence" that separates the lower league players to those who play in the PL. 

Robbo,future international??...have you been at the vimto??..not saying Joe isn't a decent player mind.

32 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Robbo,future international??...have you been at the vimto??..not saying Joe isn't a decent player mind.

I really think he's got the potential to go a long way in his football career. He's a class act already and barely out of his teens. 

Unfortunately it Bryan won't reach his full potential by staying at City.

i expect him to be gone next summer.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I really think he's got the potential to go a long way in his football career. He's a class act already and barely out of his teens. 

Unfortunately it Bryan won't reach his full potential by staying at City.

i expect him to be gone next summer.

You know,you may be right(about leaving)....would be gutted to see him go.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well he has decent pace, a good touch, great leap and not a bad finish on his day. So it's a case of utilising this lad the best we can. 

I still wonder why Cotts lost faith in him though...

Because he was woeful 1st half of the season, he had lost every shred of confidence, glad it's back since cotts left (hmmm cough cough)

Archived