IGNORED

25 years ago

'Orns

******* love it !

I was against that fence giving the '15ers plenty when that went in !

After several years of pain and anguish, their spawny run of success against us was finally over. Just knew it would be our day when Devon Shite tripped, and Hollowhead missed the subsequent pen.

Remember shedding tears of joy (and relief) when Donowa scored !

I'm pretty sure that Super Bob got fined for giving the Blue Few the old Nescafe sign after the goal. In my head there was a whip round at the next home game to pay the fine, so the great man didn't have to. Did I dream that??

What a night. In the Dolman that night and when Donowa scored we all went 'kin mad. Hard to believe that was 25 years ago.

I can't recall Hollowhead reminiscing about that penalty miss when, as a Sky pundit, he comments upon someone else missing one in a match. Devon White's fall for the pen was more like Devon Loch. It was a pen though.

Happy Donowa Day everyone.

Think that when the whole ground were singing '1-0 1-0 1-0 .... ' to the old Amazing Grace tune, it was one of the loudest chants I had heard - was in the East End and have never seen so many of the 'Older gents' go so mental - pent up frustration from the derbies of the mid to late 80s, plus the whole Des Williams minutes silence issue!!!!

Great night!  

20 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

State of that pitch!

The first couple of games at the Mem are far worse.. especially the night Philips sent them down.

That's my favourite derby memory. Great scenes in the ground that night. I was in the East End and it was probably the best atmosphere I remember. Hollowhead missing the penalty and the scrappy winner right at the end made it all the more sweet. At the time I thought that Devon White fell over his own ineptitude but looking at that footage now it looks like a more blatant penalty.

There were lots of rumours at the time of Bob Taylor showing some "affection" towards the quartered jesters after the goal and at the end of that clip you can see him heading in their direction.

This thread is a bit sad in a way. Two years ago we were celebrating forty years since winning at Leeds in the FA Cup and twenty years since winning at Anfield.

Now we celebrate 25 years since beating some lowly team we already held in disdain.

Still my favourite ever City game. Stood on the EE and I have never known a more hostile atmosphere at AG after the 15'ers sang through the minutes silence for DW. I know R*vers fans who said they genuinely feared for their lives that night.

When Donowa scored, there were grown men crying and hugging anyone in sight as it put to bed our 11(?)game losing run to the blue few.

Only the Hartlepool and Palace play off games have come close to that game for me.

Archived