IGNORED

Without Smith

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

13 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Yesterday we played far to many long balls, and their two donkeys at centre back had it dealt with all game long. 

IMO smith wasn't their to pick up the ball off our centre backs, and that was the problem.

Pack, Reid and Bryan were there though. Perhaps they should take some responsibility. 

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Pack, Reid and Bryan were there though. Perhaps they should take some responsibility. 

This.

We desperately missed Smith but it was a chance for someone else to step up. I felt sorry for Pack as he was working his socks off but was often very exposed. Bobby Reid isn't good enough I'm afraid.

Can't rely on one player. We did miss Smith yesterday but then again we coped ok at Forest the week before and on the flip side Korey played against Brighton when we were equally ineffective with and without the ball.

48 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

This.

We desperately missed Smith but it was a chance for someone else to step up. I felt sorry for Pack as he was working his socks off but was often very exposed. Bobby Reid isn't good enough I'm afraid.

Bobby Reid didn't need to "step up". He already did last week where he dominated the Forest midfield and absolutely smashed it up there.

10 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Bobby Reid didn't need to "step up". He already did last week where he dominated the Forest midfield and absolutely smashed it up there.

He didn't need to step up? Ok so you're happy for him to offer **** all yesterday and live off a performance at forest which was no way near as dominant as you claim. Reid was a passenger yesterday as he usually is. A Bristol boy though so it's ok of course.

8 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

I thought freeman was brilliant yesterday just no one with any quality on the end of his balls.

needs to improve his shooting tho

Can't say I agree mate. He charges around but his delivery is often poor. We don't commit enough bodies into the box which doesn't help but most of his deliveries float into the keepers hands. He has one goal (which is dubious as to it even being his. Not good enough. Like I say for me, LJ needs to be ruthless.

10 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Can't say I agree mate. He charges around but his delivery is often poor. We don't commit enough bodies into the box which doesn't help but most of his deliveries float into the keepers hands. He has one goal (which is dubious as to it even being his. Not good enough. Like I say for me, LJ needs to be ruthless.

Freeman put some cracking balls in the box yesterday and his corners were fantastic again... 

His shooting is shocking granted and he needs more assists but his delivery from crosses lately has been a lot better..

1 hour ago, Taylor10 said:

He didn't need to step up? Ok so you're happy for him to offer **** all yesterday and live off a performance at forest which was no way near as dominant as you claim. Reid was a passenger yesterday as he usually is. A Bristol boy though so it's ok of course.

Hahaha. Calm down. My point was that he didn't need to "step up" because he already had stepped up last week. He did however need to perform well to keep his place in the side. Did he do that? Probably not but he was no worse than anyone else and landed the heaviest tackle of the day, taking away the myth that he's a lightweight who bottles tackles. He was outstanding against Forest, don't take that away from him just because he's an academy lad. He gets more criticism than anyone else for that very reason.

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Freeman put some cracking balls in the box yesterday and his corners were fantastic again... 

His shooting is shocking granted and he needs more assists but his delivery from crosses lately has been a lot better..

From a dead ball his delivery has been a lot better of late but I feel it's clutching at straws a bit. I'm just not sure he's good enough for this level.

2 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

From a dead ball his delivery has been a lot better of late but I feel it's clutching at straws a bit. I'm just not sure he's good enough for this level.

absolute rubbish, the lad is quality on the ball, just needs some shooting practice!!! 2 of his crosses from open play yesterday should have ended up in the back of the net, just no one on the end of them..

Im not sure why the lads getting such a hard time at the moment, talk about trying to kill the lads confidence..

If you want to talk about players out of there depth lets talk about Reid, league 2 at best!!

11 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

He takes too long to get the ball in. After 16 step overs then chop back on his left foot it gives their defense time to get back in. He has plenty of ability and quality in his delivery but if he got it in earlier before they are set we might create a few more chances.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

He takes too long to get the ball in. After 16 step overs then chop back on his left foot it gives their defense time to get back in. He has plenty of ability and quality in his delivery but if he got it in earlier before they are set we might create a few more chances.

Don't disagree with that one bit, maybe Johnson being a good coach will help get the most from an undoubted talent.

Kodja was the worse culprit for that yesterday, shocking performance from the lad.

Yeah he must have got down the side of their defense at least 6 times and never delivered, most of the time it needed smashing across the box with so many bodies in there. Like you i hope LJ can coach that out of him and Freeman , what with the two sloppy goals we created our own downfall yesterday. 

57 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

absolute rubbish, the lad is quality on the ball, just needs some shooting practice!!! 2 of his crosses from open play yesterday should have ended up in the back of the net, just no one on the end of them..

Im not sure why the lads getting such a hard time at the moment, talk about trying to kill the lads confidence..

If you want to talk about players out of there depth lets talk about Reid, league 2 at best!!

Quality on the ball yet holds on to it far too long and can't shoot to save his life. Sounds like anything but quality to me. I hope Freeman turns it round but right now he is not good enough at this level. He is rightly getting a hard time because his contribution this season has been very poor. Agree on Reid, miles out of his depth.

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Hahaha. Calm down. My point was that he didn't need to "step up" because he already had stepped up last week. He did however need to perform well to keep his place in the side. Did he do that? Probably not but he was no worse than anyone else and landed the heaviest tackle of the day, taking away the myth that he's a lightweight who bottles tackles. He was outstanding against Forest, don't take that away from him just because he's an academy lad. He gets more criticism than anyone else for that very reason.

I'm very calm fella :).

He benefited from a good team performance at Forest but I don't think he was outstanding. Academy lad or not makes no difference. For that very reason I want him to succeed even more but I feel it's the other way around and he gets away with more because of being an academy lad.

One tackle doesn't change anything either.

2 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

I felt he was poor in the first half - but they all were to be fair. He's short and fairly slight so gets dispossessed easily and he was just brushed off the ball effortlessly a number of times.

Even so, he may have scored had he not been fouled in their box - he just had Marshall to beat.

In the second half he released the ball quicker, it was like his thinking had stepped up a gear and he was key in a number of our attacks.

One thing Bob doesn't particularly offer is much of a defensive presence. He's with Kodj and Freeman in that respect.

As I've said elsewhere,  I think it's likely that Korey's positional sense and reflexes would have prevented Immers from having a free shot for the first goal. He is our best all-round player and we do miss him.

Surprised JB hasn't had more of a mention, he was supposedly replacing Smith yesterday but seemed to spend most of his time out on the left flank leaving pack on his own in the centre. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him in that position and IMO he went missing.

4 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

Felt sorry for Bobby yesterday, he was sacrificed from his favoured central position out to left hand side after about 15 mins. Reason being Tomlin couldn't or wouldn't track back when he was out their..

9 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Felt sorry for Bobby yesterday, he was sacrificed from his favoured central position out to left hand side after about 15 mins. Reason being Tomlin couldn't or wouldn't track back when he was out their..

I think it probably had more to do with Tomlin being more effective going forward.

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Surprised Tomlin is avoid blame here, slow as a slug, offered very little and often fluffed good moves after doing the hard work, no telling balls really aside from switching play to Freeman at the end 

Amazed anyone thinks that. He was the quality player on the pitch.

Against a weaker keeper his free kick probably would have gone in, and his taking on and beating three or four opponents on several occasions was a joy to watch. JET-like I'd say, but actually able to head the ball. His passing was pretty much pinpoint for most of the match too.

Yes, he faded after about 75 minutes, but he'd worked his socks off up to then.

Archived