IGNORED

Just got back

RobArnold10

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My view was that Marlon had an off night last night.  I thought he looked heavy legged, especially in the second half.  Players are allowed an off night, and for me, last night was one of those.

i can't criticise his overall performance this season, he'd been very decent, and subject to unfair criticism from some.

Maybe last night was tactical, but even if that was the case, sone if the stuff he usually does well, e.g. Winning headers, closing down etc, we're not at its usual level.

Agree that had that shot gone in, we would've been talking about it for weeks....I was waiting for the bet to bulge.

I though Waggy buzzed around, but didn't impose himself...not unexpected...when was the last time he started?  Bryan was ok first half, but excellent second half.

I think, overall, the whole team lacked a bit of spark.

It must be down to tiredness because these lads give there all for the cause .

We often seem to perform badly when there are midweek matches to contend with .

Kodjia , Pack , Freeman , Flint ... Are all virtually ever present .

1 hour ago, gordie said:

He had a reasonable second half but nothing more IMHO, 1st half him and Pack looked lost in there and half the time there was a great gap in the middle of the pitch where their midfield could literally walk through, I'm not saying he isn't good enough to play that role just that last night IMO it didn't work but needs must, which is a sad state  to be in in the first place

Why didn't their midfield walk through said gap then? 

17 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

O'donnell 5 - Not a bad game but absolute howler for goal

Matthews 6 - Didn't do much right or wrong, solid and will take time to see his full worth 

Flint 8 - Absolutely outstanding, didn't lose a header and a great finish for the goal

Baker 6 - Good game but just needs to stand up and stop giving dangerous free kicks away

Golbourne 5 - Worst game I've seen him have yesterday, lost everything in the air and passing wasn't as crisp as usual

Freeman 5 - All huff and puff but no quality, one key pass in the game for the Tomlin chance. 

Tomlin 5 - Also extremely poor, just waltzed around the pitch, no end product and some of the areas he was attempting skills was bemusing 

Bryan 7 - Thought he was the only one moving us forward yesterday, won a few tackles and very good going forward. Playing out of position

Pack 6 - Didn't think he was to bad tonight, won most his header and tackles, gave the ball away a lot though 

Kodjia 3 - Absolutely awful, slowly becoming greedier than he was at the start of the season. Should have scored too 

Subs:

Agard 5 - Huffed and puffed, not a lot to feed off

Little 6 - Did things simple when he came on and didn't do much wrong 

Wilbs 4 - Bring nothing to the team, to busy grappling centre backs to head the ball. His man for the winner too just stood and watched even if RO made a howler 

O'donnell 4- To be honest apart from the free kick at the end he had just about done everything required of him (just!) but obviously Keepers are judged on mistakes. Hope he bounces back.

Matthews 4.5- started well but faded badly second half. Can only assume it due to lack of match fitness  Was no surprise when he was subbed.

Baker 6- Solid as ever but still dives in giving away daft free kicks. Didn't do anything wrong in particular but was wasteful at times with the ball.

Flint 7.5- Outstanding again, but was just as much at fault for their first goal as everyone else was. Without that mistake he would be a 9 or 10. fine margins in this division.

Golbourne 6- Can't remember a goal which has come from down the left since he signed. Solid at the back but offered little going forward especially in the second half, Wonder if nerves of retuning to Wolves played a part.

Freeman 4- all huff no puff. Not his night and for god sake someone teach him how to shoot!!

Tomlin 4.5- Some decent touches and unlucky with shot in first half but spent too long wondering aimlessly. Was surprised he wasn't one of the subs. Not his night either- summed up by finding a decent position to shoot second half but the ball finishing closer to the roof of the stand.

Pack 6.5 to 7 - With the exception of Flint probably the most consistent player of the evening, seemed to be doing the job of two at times, won most headers and always made himself available. Came close to scoring a cracker.

Bryan 6.5 - looked like he would push us on and win it when he came to life in the last 25 mins. Unfortunately he had been bang average up until this point. I wonder if LJ took the shackles off at that point and changed his role in the team. Either way he looked twice the player of the previous 65 minutes.

Kodjia 4- football is a funny game. If he had got his bearings right first half it could of been a different game for the lad. He didn't and he was another who's night it wasn't. Needs to learn when to pass as the more frustrated he gets the less often he releases the ball.

Subs

Little 6- played well but nothing spectacular. Looked better second half when he came on.

Agard 5- Couple of nice touches and a header at the end but didn't really get into the game as much I hoped he would.

Wilbs 6- gets a 6 purely because we were getting bullied by their centre backs and that ended when he came on and we finally started winning headers. He gave Wolves a lot more to think about.

21 hours ago, ojjy said:

I know this won't go down well in many quarters but can I say once and for all how useless Marlon Pack was tonight and also in the previous 2 games.

Talk about the game passing him by..now I'll be honest I've never been a fan but for 4 or 5 matches he should us a glimmers what he can do.. But now he's gone back to being probably the most pathetic midfielders we ever had.

Thank you.. I needed to get that off my chest!

Coinsidently Packs poorer games last 2/3 have all been when we've been without Smith, their a very good and developing partnership and need one another, sooner Smiths back, sooner we can start to pull away again! 

Archived