IGNORED

Pubs for Fulham...

DaveF

59 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

The Last Chance Saloon

Bloody hell , might not be far wrong mate :shutup:

I haven't been there for getting on 20 years, I think we drank in a pub by the river just down from the ground. Wonder if it's still there?

The Crabtree is only any good if you're coming from Hammersmith station or that direction.

If you're headed to Putney Bridge then the Eight Bells is good but as mentioned is small and fills up quickly.  Also nearby Putney Bridge are the Temperance and the Kings Arms.

The Duke's Head is just over Putney Bridge, is on the river...but is a bit more...how do I say this...expensive and gastro. 

Of course, we could all just buy some tinnies and sit in Bishop's Park.

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The Crabtree is only any good if you're coming from Hammersmith station or that direction.

If you're headed to Putney Bridge then the Eight Bells is good but as mentioned is small and fills up quickly.  Also nearby Putney Bridge are the Temperance and the Kings Arms.

The Duke's Head is just over Putney Bridge, is on the river...but is a bit more...how do I say this...expensive and gastro. 

Of course, we could all just buy some tinnies and sit in Bishop's Park.

We have a winner.  Is there a Clarke's van nearby?

i spoke to the manager at the crabtree today and he said they welcome away fans as well as home.

he confirmed it is only a 10 minute walk down the thames path, and although they dont have a car

park he said there is plenty of pay and display parking up on the main road (fulham palace road).

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

The Sloaney Pony ( white Horse ) as it's commonly known, at Parsons green. Good beer...good food.

Don't forget to extend your overdraft beforehand if you're eating there.

Unless you're a member of the Lansdown family.

54 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

massive barney between Chelsea and Tottenham there a few years back

It was Chelsea and West Ham I think?

Edit - you might be right actually upon reflection, but I could have sworn it was the Hammers?!

2nd edit!!!!! - actually we are both right! 2007 Spurs ambushed Chelsea at Parson's Green, but back in the days when Di Matteo was a Chelsea player the Hammers had a right go at Parson's Green...

6 hours ago, NiceRed said:

I think this closed a few months ago, sadly.

"From the towns all inns have been driven; from the villages most... Change your hearts, or you will lose your inns, and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your inns, drown your empty selves - for you will have lost the last of England."  

Hilaire Belloc, "From This and that on Inns", 1912

14 hours ago, Red Bill said:

The Crabtree is about ten minutes walk from Barons Court tube station and is a very friendly pub.  Then it is another ten minutes to the ground.  Getting thirsty already!

Yeah, been going in the Crabtree every time we've played up there since '72

Archived