IGNORED

Just got back from Fulham

Coppello

Not driving at 100mph or anything like that fan did driving to Wolves the other day - I happen to live around the corner.

The only way to describe the first half is like when you were at school and the older kids stole your ball - they were all over us. The changes at half time by LJ did us the world of good. As far as the old cliche 'it was a game of too halves' goes it was right up there. Absolutely battered them in the second and came out with fire in our bellies. The goal by Tomlin is why you go to away games week in week out. There is no better feeling than a last minute away winner!

Cracking away day and I am truly sauced (sourced).

Got no problem with the opposition being dominant - that will happen at times - as long as the manager recognises it and is able to influence the match to change it. Seems like Johnson did exactly that today. All credit to him. Struggling to recall an occasion this season where Cotterill made decisive changes that altered the outcome.

50 minutes ago, I am the mole said:

Don't let thatch35 know he'll be very upset that we won he doesn't like it when we win! ;)

Is it a coincidence thats those 'negative' vocal types seem to spend their week on OTIB and then disappear when we win, only to surface when there is something to moan about again?

Genuinely there seem to be some prominent posters who I NEVER see celebrate or write anything positive. 

Agree with the OP, that it was a game of 2 halves and we thoroughly deserved the win on the second half performance.

we need to show the same passion in our up and coming home games and Championship survival will be assured.

Finally, the following today was awesome. I thought the stand was going to collapse after Tomlin's goal. Well done one and all, you did the club proud.

21 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Is it a coincidence thats those 'negative' vocal types seem to spend their week on OTIB and then disappear when we win, only to surface when there is something to moan about again?

Genuinely there seem to be some prominent posters who I NEVER see celebrate or write anything positive. 

Yes strange that your arch enemy is no where to be seen.

Still give it time, a home defeat next week.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yes strange that your arch enemy is no where to be seen.

Still give it time, a home defeat next week.

Oh, I didn't think anyone has noticed I had an arch enemy?! :whistle:

Ups and downs, but I'll enjoy this weekend. City and England in the rugby.

16 minutes ago, 1stCityExile said:

I was also there today. In 2016 I have only attended Charlton away, Forest away and today Fulham away. So 100% record so far this year. A really cracking away day today

With that record you should get yourself to all our remaining games!

Just got back to the deepest, darkest Cotswolds.

1st half? totally dreadful, Kodjia was a waste of time today but LJ remedied that for the 2nd half and thought we were excellent. Pack and Tomlin were standout and our defense was very solid when it had to be. Odemwingie I thought played well, you could see his premier league quality coming through.

Great goal from McCormack but what a grade A ****

Fans were superb today, even Fulham fans thought we were impressive and the best set of fans to goto Craven Cottage this season.

3 points :thumbsup:

I was worried by LJ's team selection, and at half time with his subs I thought that's it game over ! How wrong can you be, the team definitely have a collective ability that can be totally confusing, annoying but a joy to behold as well when they win like this.

Atmosphere was great today, loved seeing so many standing and roaring boys on, cracking away day. Pyro, late drama, incredible scenes and 3 points, happy days. Will not worry to much about the broken finger picked up in the process!

COYR

Me Hammered All Fried

• Michael Brown
  • index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1816;ty
xx.gif
That's what we deserve! Fulham pussies!
« on: Today at 19:26:29 »

Near the end of the game, a Bristol **** was taunting the whole Hammy End. No one batted an eyelid, before the stewards eventually decided to evict him. I'm over 50, and had to leave my sit in the JH to run at him!
You'll never win anything, you pussies!

ip.gif Logged
tumblr_llied9Sp0F1qdnrvz.jpg

Mention above of the critics who are missing tonight. I know from a lifetime of suffering Bristol City "If we can xxxx up, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory etc" that I am a bit of a pessimist but I'm never slow to give credit when we do it right. Well done the squad, fans and LJ for brave half time subs.

Given the togetherness shown by our squad, we should stay up, but to be fair to Rotherham, they seem to be fighting hard and a damn good point for MK at Hull. I wonder if the surprise third team to go down will be Huddersfield. 

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Given the togetherness shown by our squad, we should stay up, but to be fair to Rotherham, they seem to be fighting hard and a damn good point for MK at Hull. I wonder if the surprise third team to go down will be Huddersfield. 

Brentford are dropping like a stone.

Sat down back in Feltham (been on a road trip) and have had probably one of the most up and down away days I've ever had.

got there late to start with, the rugby seriously screwed our route up, and as we walk into the ground we go one down. First half was very poor, as others have said, no positives at all sadly! 

Then, to add to my poor mood, I go for a pee at half time, go back and get asked for my ticket, now my ticket is with my coat with the Mrs, but the lovely steward doesn't care about that, I don't have a ticket so I have to stand like a mug and get treated like a child until I can get back in.

Over zealous stewarding aside, 2nd half was much better. We went more positive, and although we still lacked a bite in midfield we threw bodies in better and got on the ball more, as well as not giving it away. To an extent though the result was going to be more important and we got that. Got to say that was one of the best away followings I've been involved in and the feeling at the end, wow!

Quick ratings:

ROD - 8 - some really good saves, gets a bonus point for his celebration when Tomlin scored!

Matthews - 6 - looked better than Tues and great block at the end but needs games

Flint - 7 - Usually solid

Baker - 7 - See Flint 

Golbourne - 7 - See Flint and Bakes, needs to get better at his final ball though!

Freeman - 4 - Not his day at all!

Bryan - 6 - Better second half, was missing a bit 1st half

Pack - 7 - See Bryan, but actually got forward and shot, needs to do it more often!

Tomlin - MOTM 8 - ran himself into the ground, our biggest threat and great goal

Kodjia - 4 - see Freeman

Wilbs - 6 - Works hard for the cause, not quite at this standard now though

Reid, Odemwingie both get 7 for the impacts, Fulham were scared of Odemwingie and you saw glimpses why, potential to be a class act. Bobby did well too.

Ayling n.a 

No voice left, on the scotch now, happy days!

A first for me.... Bobby Reid ...... take a bow son. Busy, neat touches and put us on the front foot. A game changer today. 

Now, be consistent. 

Thought Fulham were a different class in the first half but we broke up their play effectively in the second half.

That was probably the worst half of football since Colchester away. Fulham wanted it more, pressed, were by far the quicker to every second ball and bossed the game whilst we stood off, appeared to be playing a give ground bend don't break game (rather than pressing or tackling) and frankly looked several yards less fit than Fulham. We also seemed unable to pass the ball forward to a teammate and every touch or pass in the final third was to an opponent. It would have been easy from the first half to surmise LJ had no tactics but the adjustments say he did.

Not going to echo everyone else by saying the second half was a reverse as they were still a threat and it was only after we scored that the confidence and nerves were exchanged and we finally settled. But there were still too many occasions when our players just werent on the same wavelength and final third touches or passes went nowhere. Tomlin however is a wonderful player - every bit our McCormack without the pouting - and fully deserved that winner, leads by example and is always looking to create opportunities. Bobby Reid, whatever people say, also always adds a maturity and calmness to forward passing that was badly needed.

Amazing finish, went absolutely bananas and the passion from Pemberton, ROD and Flint is amazing, as was the whole away support from those who navigated the Thames and others the tube - a big crowd in London doing Bristol proud. But let's not paper over the first half and let's figure out how to compete from the get go. Yes it was exhilarating today second half but we got away with one. A better team would have buried us by HT.

Final word for Pack putting Scott Parker on his arse and obliging the crowd ask for him to pop one in the corner. The most improved player for a few years.

Archived