IGNORED

Lee Tomlin - Signing?

Ian M

• Admin

Just watched the Lee Tomlin interview on Player: "This shows what we can do, we got to stay up this season then next season we got to do this from the start!" 

Sounds like he's keen to join us permanently then.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I'd love it, but be surprised. It's media training talk. Even on loan, they will still use 'we'.

Didn't he say when he arrived he wanted to use the loan to earn himself another chance at Bournemouth?

I get that he should use the word "we" but he started talking about what "we need to do next season" like he was gonna be around then.

14 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I get that he should use the word "we" but he started talking about what "we need to do next season" like he was gonna be around then.

I hear what you're saying, still think it's just media training. I remember a caretaker manager talking in a similar way once, even though the new manager was lined up. Strange, I know. As I say, from what i've heard and read, I would be surprised if he signs permanently, but would love it if he did. It would be a fantastic coup for BCFC of he did.

13 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Hoilett is Premier League quality in my opinion. A newly promoted team could do worse.

He was easily their best player when we played them. Including probably the best attempt on goal I've seen all season when he had a nice touch with Ayling on his back, turned and smacked a volley of the bar with his left foot from about 30 yards. Not to mention his goal. Think he will be in the prem next season as well. Much like King at Bournemouth. 

Think we should be pushing to make it happen. It shouldn't be in our(the clubs) minds that it couldn't happen. He's here and playing well. Looks like he's enjoying it and he's playing. Keep talks quiet and get it done and ready to be announced when we are safe or the first day of window opening. 

Only 27? You could get a good few years out of him, he's clearly a class player.

Plus he could pass on expertise to the younger players and would be ideal to help guide them as I firmly believe a lot of our squad who put on that brilliant 14/15 season.

The best is yet to come, fairly near start of that cycle and not near the end unlike our 07/08 squad which was quite experienced..in those circs Tomlin could be perfect.

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Would be welcome addition I guess......just heard on TV that hoillet is out of contract at QPR in summer....work on him now, you never know....

He is on a ridiculous amount of money compared to what we are paying / willing to pay & if he's out of contract, he's going to be looking to keep that wedge going as there will be no transfer fee paid for him.

As for Tomlin, he said something similar in one of his earlier post match interviews, that made me sit up & think maybe there was a chance of us having him here next season (depending on what division we're in).

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

To be fair to be fair he's a football player,I'd like to see einstein bend a free kick in

Einstein would have been no good as a footballer because he never wore socks. Nowhere to stuff his shin pads. 

Tomlin is a class act…and I'd certainly rather have him in our team than have us playing against him…which is never a bad test of a player. It's a test that Ross McCormack passes…I loath the prospect of him in the opposition ranks! 

And to be fair to Lee's media skills he's been put up for interview after almost every match he's played and has always had something interesting to say.

He'd be a great signing and just the sort of experienced play maker we need to do more than survive in the Championship.

40 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Tomlin is a class act…and I'd certainly rather have him in our team than have us playing against him…which is never a bad test of a player. It's a test that Ross McCormack passes…I loath the prospect of him in the opposition ranks! 

And to be fair to Lee's media skills he's been put up for interview after almost every match he's played and has always had something interesting to say.

He'd be a great signing and just the sort of experienced play maker we need to do more than survive in the Championship.

Was thinking would it be worth going for him in the scenario that we stay up and Fulham go down? Undoubtedly there would be others after him too, but if you don't ask...

34 minutes ago, City169 said:

Was thinking would it be worth going for him in the scenario that we stay up and Fulham go down? Undoubtedly there would be others after him too, but if you don't ask...

IIRC we were interested in him before he moved from Motherwell to Cardiff but that may be totally wrong!

One thing is for sure; he won't be playing for Bournemouth again under their current gaffer, who clearly is going nowhere, so whether it is to us or someone else, Tomlin will be moving in the summer.

If we could afford him, I think it would be a move we should make; with a summer to settle and perhaps a focus on building the team to suit his forward thinking style, Tomlin could be a very effective player for us.

He's already 'won' two games for us with key goals, and demonstrated his capacity to generate chances, such as his excellent pass for Kodjia verses MK Dons.

Glad he's clearly pushing for a prolonged stay here.

1 minute ago, Taylor10 said:
12 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

It is a bit worrying that many of our best players are loanees who could be going at the end of the season, our recruitment will need to be spot-on this summer.

I agree. It is a concern as the likes of Baker & Tomlin are very good players at this level. I guess the only positive is LJ can rebuild the squad his way. I would love it if we can sign Tomlin on a permanent deal.

Archived